Thread: Yohji Yamamoto FW09 Paris

Default Yohji Yamamoto FW09 Paris

Wow.. Its awesome..

Holy hell. This is what I've been waiting for!
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

this is really beautiful... i want the pantone reference for that red

I can't wait for full show pictures but all of this looks really gorgeous. The way that red fuses into the black is so perfect...

Fuckin A! Agreed with Gerry on black with (painted?) red. Gorgeousnessnessness.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Amazing use of color and beautiful, beautiful coats. The fabrics are going to be amazing.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Yohji never ceases to amaze me; This is absolutely gorgeous! He's so good at evolving his line while still staying very true to himself.

I love it. All.

Some detail shots....

the first few pictures reeaaally sucked me in, but after everything was said and done, I felt like the collection was lacking something extra– that oomph that pushes a collection from being good to great.

I found the specific shade of red Yohji used to be so arresting and captivating and merged so perfectly with the black... somehow the all-black outfits just didn't do it for me anymore.

Perhaps its just me and this requires a revisit in an hour or so

some of those coats/jackets in XL, please
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

^ lol no doubt about that :P

this collection is gorgeous! i wish i could adore his menswear as much as the womenswear. plus, absolutely love these:

As flashy as it is classy, I'm really impressed.