Page 1 of 56 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDI

Aaahh! The Lift/Guidi installation! I really like this vid. thanx for posting Kev!
    Last edited by DHC; 04-22-2009 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

those hiking boots and the zip front boots are ugly.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Quote Originally Posted by ddohnggo View Post
    those hiking boots and the zip front boots are ugly.
    agreed, but the really tall (front?) zip boots - hanging upside down in an above shot, are ill. if they'd come in that rust color (or off-white)...

/\ agreed on both accounts.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Me want guidi..
    The bags looks kindda cool and totally agree that the upside down boots are ill..

me feet too wide for narrow guids
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    You know I think they just intentionally fuck up on sizing ALA Reek
    My pair that is marked 46 fit me just like a regular 44 would. There is no extra room in the toes whatsoever.

the sizing is quite consistent though, most of the time they seem to fit about 2 sizes big compared to most.

edit: ok redacted on the consistency part.. seems like many people have been able to wear true to size while others size up 1-2. I only know for a fact my 44's fit like a 42 and measure the same as most shoes in a 42, but I've also seen size 42 guidis that are true to size.

Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    it probably varies by model and sizing, but I havent found guidis to fit that narrow. I have laceups in size 44 and though they fit more like a 42, they are reasonably wide. the couple of zip boots I've tried have fitted ok on my feet which are pretty wide.

plus most leather shoes can be stretched in width at least a bit
    Last edited by lowrey; 04-25-2009 at 05:02 AM.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

The thing to remember about Guidi sizing is that they are meant to be obscenely tight at first but will stretch/mold to fit your foot. The boots I have were the most constricting thing I have put my foot into but within a day of wear they became the most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by croatoan View Post
    The thing to remember about Guidi sizing is that they are meant to be obscenely tight at first but will stretch/mold to fit your foot. The boots I have were the most constricting thing I have put my foot into but within a day of wear they became the most comfortable.
    Did you size up at all from regular?

I'm normally between 42 and 43 and bought a 43 in guidis. They fit perfect now although very tight at first.

Quote Originally Posted by KM80 View Post
    Did you size up at all from regular?
    my size 44 lace ups measure 30cm in length, which is the same as most shoes in size 42. so I sized up two. I suppose it varies a lot by the model.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Agreed...the conversion is +2 for the correct size. There must have been a lot of shrinkage during the process of making the shoe, dyeing etc...
    "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Yeah ones that I've seen measurements on seem like they would fit me best in size 43, and I'm usually about 42 or just under.

on a side note do any of the Guidi bags like this have shoulder straps?

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v83992208

I'm going to check with my cobbler to add these soles to my multi-jointed lizard/snake/kangaroo/bull/calf/lambskin boots!

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

I will try two sizes up, can't remember if I have
    Everytime my foot feels like it's swallowing the insoles
    always been secretly happy they don't work on me
    ccp don't need no competition or education for that matter
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Banned

actually like those hiking boots

would buy if they weren't guidi priced

or if i married oprah

That is good information to have, thank you. But do you think that is the case with all the skins? Including horse?