• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

you've seen my donkeys faust
    leather is off the charts, better than calf imo
    slightly weird fit for a day or so to adjust...
    then they became my fav, def most comfortable boots ever
    (well, the s/s 07 ma+ mid-calf boots, and the ccp spiral s/s 06 are up there too)
    i've got chicken legs so i can fit a big helping of pant in there

basically its like your not wearing boots but slippers which is fucking nuts
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

imo the typical guidi shaft is too narrow for tucking, but they are perfect for wearing trousers over them.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

why cropped? Or do you want to show them off a bit? imo any length trouser will look fantastic : ) They are beautiful boots and fit like a leather sock <3
        WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yes, I want to show off the back zip, at least partially.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bluespring
            • Jan 2009

^I think I saw you trying out the shoes at A yesterday. Did they have backzip in calf leather? I only saw the sidezip one's.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I am not sure - these are the only backzips I saw. IF had a low pair in bull leather, which was (strangely enough) softer, but they didn't have my size.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• H-R
                • May 2007

Are the current season's Guidis on 40% off as well at A?

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                  I have some sheepskin I guess mid height side zips that are very similar in fit to back zips I've tried.

The toes were a bit tight at first but they got really comfortable quickly and now feel so good!

I don't like the look of tucking slimmer pants into these for some reason, I like either tucking looser pants or wearing slimmer pants over top, as pictured here:

Is the overall shape of these different from the Donkey backzips? These look AMAZING, btw!
                  Le 21ème

Comment

• hommedeguerre
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by H-R View Post
                    Are the current season's Guidis on 40% off as well at A?
                    To my knowledge no...if they were, I'd be posting some major recent purchases!
                    Le 21ème

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

I have the mid-height backzips in baby calf leather. Boots were the reason to become a member of SZ and SZ made me buy Guidis a few months ago. It is the most comfortable and versatile boot i've ever had. All the options described above work well although I prefer to tuck the pants in, no matter if slim oder wider. With the pants worn over them the boots can actually look rather smart. For the versatility you have to get the mid-height boots. The calf leather feels soft but robust at the same time.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darker shades
                        I'm about to invest in a pair of Guidis myself, and having not had them before, I'm not sure of sizing. I know they run on the small side, which means as a size EU42 normally I would techically wear a Guidi EU43. Am I correct? Viceroy had to go to a Guidi EU44, so I'm a little confused. Could anyone please enlighten me on the situation?
                        I had to size up two sizes for the backzips.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I had to size up two sizes for the backzips.
                          Me too. I have size 42 and for the lenght of the boots I had to take a 44. The shape of the boot makes them rather loose around the foot, so that I wear them with inlay soles.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                            • Mar 2007

I feel it depends on the style of the boots.

I'm usually a 41/42.

Tried the mid-height backzips in size 42, and they fit snug, which is how they should fit.

Tried the low-height (ankle-high) backzips (which I understood to be exclusive to Lift) in size 42, and while they fit ok, were not snug enough imo. Tried them in 41, and they were way too tight.

For me, I would only buy a pair of Guidis after trying them on. But that's just me...
                            Last edited by Acid, Bitter and Sad; 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                              For me, I would only buy a pair of Guidis after trying them on. But that's just me...
                              Definetely try them on. I wouldn't have believed anybody who told me I need a 44.

Comment

• croatoan
                                • Jul 2007

Even when able to try them on, it is a bit of a leap of faith. I remember when I bought my lace-up boots they felt obscenely tight but the guy helping me in Japan assured me they would stretch within a day. "Promise?" "Yeah, sure."

I seem to be a minority in that, no matter what style I have tried on, I have fit size 44 across the board (usually being a 42.5-43). I don't remember for certain the different leathers I have tried, but I have tried on probably nine or ten different pairs and the 44 has been perfect in all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎