X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huckleberry
    • Jul 2009

Raf AW11/12 is up for presale on Seven. Most of its pretty poor but I'm glad to see the knits have been put into production.

Comment

• Servo2000
      • Oct 2006

Could the 'Prince' from the recent collection be an Arthurian refernce? There's a white hoody with a print for the 'College Of Avalon' which from what I remember was from the King Arthur Stories. There's a wikipedia article about it from the looks of it but I'm just about to run out of the house so somebody with more time will have to read and report back.
      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• moderninc2010
        • Jan 2011

I went to a raf simons archive event in London a couple of days ago. Have had mixed feelings afterwards. He did have some nice pieces over the years.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

..Some old Raf images, none of which I recall seeing posted in this thread

..S/S00, from the ISOLATED HEROES photo series

A/W98

A/W98

..S/S03

..S/S98
          sain't

Comment

• jogu
            • Jun 2009

^ fuck thats some good shit . i been revisitin some of the shit for this yr and idk .. i actually rly liked fw11 alot , its interestin cos even tho i was like " hmm ya i like this shit " there was a part of me that kept almost forcin myself to dislike it and i was like ok why ? i think ive just genuinely hated some of the recent years shit from him that i started to hate raf himself . as i was lookin over fw11 again i tried to not let these ideas taint what i was lookin at and finally was like fuck it i like this i dont even care

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

hehe, thanks jogu. And considering I've got a shamelessly large quantity of said 'good shit' in my own archives, I thought sharing some of it within various threads here might be nice. Some could use resurrecting, others, a bit of plumping. I was surprised to see some designer's threads so.. 'threadbare', pardon the pun.

Added & still adding to Helmut Lang, Rick, and of course, Ann – with images soon to drop in Comme, Chalayan, Ackermann, AFV, Yohji, Dries and Forme, primarily. In other words, stay tuned.
              sain't

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Those photos are amazing. The one with the Merciful Release tattoo is my favorite.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• matts
                  • Feb 2011

I figure this might be the right place to ask this, can anyone tell me what's the story behind that tag ?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Around Spring 2001, Raf was seriously disenchanted with fashion and he decided to quit or at least take a break - in any case, he took a season off. However, he produced a collection of his signature pieces for Louis in Antwerp, which was the first store to carry his line. This is the tag he used. I still have a pair of slim pants from this collection, which I bought at Louis (I would only let them go to a serious Raf aficionado though).
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alexsade
                      • Jun 2009

Do you have this in HD, please :D ?

Comment

• matts
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Around Spring 2001, Raf was seriously disenchanted with fashion and he decided to quit or at least take a break - in any case, he took a season off. However, he produced a collection of his signature pieces for Louis in Antwerp, which was the first store to carry his line. This is the tag he used. I still have a pair of slim pants from this collection, which I bought at Louis (I would only let them go to a serious Raf aficionado though).
                        Thank you . Certainly makes more sense than what I was told when I got them.
                        Last edited by matts; 05-23-2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ I can only imagine, lol. What were you told?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Thanks for the unwitting reminder, E. I've some old editorials w/ pieces from that collection. Here's one where the stylist mixed it w/ some old army surplus gear. Totally works.
                            (Girl in RA tee, Comme suit)

sain't

Comment

• matts
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              /\ I can only imagine, lol. What were you told?
                              Well, basically each collection had some of its pieces specially produced in very limited numbers for the "archive line", for archival purpose (duh !) or for Raf's personal collection or something like that (the explanation wasn't very clear). I guess it's not that far off..

I was also told I could fetch a couple thousand euros for the pants on ebay but I've got my doubts about that

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

LOL. Sell them to LN-CC.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎