X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

Have a few quick q's:

1. Looking for a good competent cobbler in the greater SD area. Just bought a pair of CCP derbies from SS'04, don't like the heels that were put on and want to put on something more fitting.

2. An ID on the leather on these derbs

looks like calf, but wanted to make sure

3. Whether to put protection on the shoe:

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

Avantidietro Lacing Suggestion:

Someone suggested that I share my "secret" lacing system for my AVs - a system that makes taking them on and getting the laces in place a cool 30 seconds.

Here it is, complete with images:

First, wrap the laces loosely several times around the body of the shoe.

2. Tighten the laces into your preferred place to wrap the laces.

3. Take the bundle of laces and twist the end of the lace several times around the whole of the new bundle. Slip one end of the lace under the first one or two twists. Tighten.

4. You should now have a knot around a semi-loose bundle of laces. Pull the bundle to the area of the instead that you would like them positioned. Pull on the knot to tighten.

You should now be able to loosen or tighten the tie by sliding the knot along the bundle of laces around which the knot is bound.

(Yeah, I lost my needles, too.)

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• chomeo
        • Mar 2010

^^ :) pretty clever. and, nice shoes too!

Comment

• magic
          • Feb 2009

i am looking for lace that are long and slim(like used at Avantindietro shoe) but most of the shoe lace that are slim were only 30cm or less. any another alternative? i am thinking of cord string but not sure if that works.. like THIS.
          Focusing on object details

Comment

• just get some waxed leather thread (thread meant to stitch in leather, like you'd make bags outof) and double it or something. I promise it's strong enough.

Comment

• Mos
              • Jun 2010

I recently got a pair of rick combats and they're great but a bit roomy in the toe box, which I've heard is common with sizing true. Does anybody have any insole recommendations to hold the foot in place?

Comment

• hysterichostile
                • Dec 2009

Really need some advise, i received a pair of Mihara boots not knowing the interior's been worn down as hell, the heel of the interior is especially worn out, the outer leather layer is torn revealing the heelcaps at the back of the shoes

Took them to the cobbler and he said he wanted to change the item heel cap and back insole or sth but i felt unsafe
                So here i am, any advise? Can i just leave em as it is?

Comment

• docus
                  • Dec 2010

^^^ You should be able to have them reinforced from the inside, without any noticeable change to the outside. I recommend finding a cobbler who can explain what he's proposing to do in a way that can be understood!

Comment

• hysterichostile
                    • Dec 2009

Thanks docus for the quick reply, Honestly where i live in, i don't trust cobblers that much other than putting vibrams haha
                    Would leaving it as it is be a good option?

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by hysterichostile View Post
                      Really need some advise, i received a pair of Mihara boots not knowing the interior's been worn down as hell...
                      let me guess, yahoo auctions?

a cobbler should be able to add a patch of leather like docus said
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

is there any type of sole i should be asking for when i get the soles of some poell derbies redone?

dont like the current sole attached...

Comment

• eton97
                          • Dec 2008

? I assume you mean you don't like the current vibram soles on your ccp derbyz?
                          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                            • Jan 2011

Well the heel is loose plus ... idk I feel it looks weird from the side? Pic should be back a page or two

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Corrective Shoe Repair in DC just did a flawless job adding Vibram and a heel protector to a pair of boots. Total cost was < $25, and they were done in < 1 hour. I had forgotten the shop. They are quite good. They also do dovetail (or mcafee) heels, which can be tricky to find.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                                is there any type of sole i should be asking for when i get the soles of some poell derbies redone?

dont like the current sole attached...
                                ask the cobbler to show what they have. Vibram is a brand that has become synonymous with rubber soles, but there are other good ones as well.

personally, I prefer the thinnest possible sole and heel. you might need to have them changed more frequently, but doesn't effect the appereance as much.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎