Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Julius has brought a lot to the table with this collection, a lot of new interesting cuts, definitely proving that he belongs in Paris. I don't find it over styled either, I think the departure for the over-militarized armageddon looks and cuts helps bring Julius into their own.

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

thanks andrew! I was actually looking for this

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

the 4 insanity in industrial seasons were really just reworking of the AW06 fixed collection with their hard edged military style and grimy industrial feel. I have to say after looking back at the FW09 presentation that it was a perfect representation of the theme and easily their strongest collection in the last 2 years.

this collection is very reminiscent of SS07 underworld, there are definitely some great pieces but can't say that I like the way it was styled for the runway. if that means that next season will be like AW07 untitled I think we're in for a treat.

Comment

• Diss
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
          if that means that next season will be like AW07 untitled I think we're in for a treat.
          i hope to god youre right DJI. time will tell.

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the HQs, Andrew.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Tim Blanks was there.
            His review is up.
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
              By the way - are there skirts in this collection or are they just wraps?
              Pretty sure they are just wraps.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                By the way - are there skirts in this collection or are they just wraps?
                B there are skirts in the FW09 collection in cotton nylon and nubuck leather.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

any of you gents had a chance to visit the showroom? keen to hear your impressions on the individual pieces. after seeing the high res pics the simplicity of this moto collar has grown on me and there looks to be some other great pieces hidden under all the drapeyness.

Comment

• jcotteri
                    • Jun 2008

i like Tim blanks

thanks for the high res pics
                    WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                      any of you gents had a chance to visit the showroom? keen to hear your impressions on the individual pieces. after seeing the high res pics the simplicity of this moto collar has grown on me and there looks to be some other great pieces hidden under all the drapeyness.
                      Yes, what would you like to know?

The moto collar jacket is FANTASTIC. To me the gray version was THE piece of the season. The holster is removable, so no worries there. The leather is lush, the way Julius can deliver. Bad news for you though is that it fits a bit bigger than all the other leathers.

I loved so much of this collection in the showroom that it's not even funny. It mostly consists of the staples we have already seen, but with different variations. The fits are great in the shoulders and through the body, although my fat ass wouldn't fit into anything size 2, except the moto and the long patchwork nylon/leather coat. Some other things I liked - one button blazer with zippers on each side, the vest with the same idea, the two zipper leather (although the leather seemed a little inferior to the moto). And for the first time in my life I liked a backpack! There were also lots of drapey goodness that doesn't look good on me, and I liked the faux-three layer tees (looks like you are wearing a tank, a racer back, and a tee). There were also twisted pants, which looked good.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                        i like Tim blanks

thanks for the high res pics
                        Me too - he is a very jovial and a smart guy. Very approachable and laid back.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

the pieces sound great Faust, thanks for sharing your thoughts on them . the moto collar sounds like it's made of the classic super soft and substantial lamb leather they used in the past, shame that it's cut large like the previous moto collars too. thought they just sized up the models for the runway, ah well...

Comment

• selkies
                            • Dec 2008

imo julius continues to impress, its refreshing to see something different besides the post apocalyptic styling of previous seasons, but i guess its what gathered peoples attention in the first place - myself included.

great pics btw, thanks for putting them up.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

you are welcome, dji.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

matthew schneier's interview with tatsuro horikawa

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎