X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Christianef wants to be NDF. That rhymes.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

/\ no, i cooled down already. the above was an attempt at a joke.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

LOL

it's understandable, merz,
        people have been awfully sensitive in here.
        ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• TarHeart
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
          you were attempting to classify fans of her into some sort of categories which to me doesn't really make sense. everyone has their own justification for liking her work or any designer's for that matter.
          All I was trying to say is that there are different kinds of fans. Yes, I also believe that every person has their own preferences, and individual reasons to like her work, but also that every one of them have something in common. It wasn't meant to be taken so literally. I was pointing out a distinction of inspiration, I didn't say "all Demeulemeester-fans are all alike".

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post
            I don't think he was trying to pigeonhole the customers, but to propose a kind of typology of her different inspirations. Made rather sense for me. Even though the typology was a tad basic, but I wouldn't say naive. But it's the problem with every typology, it's an explanation, hence a simplification, but it shouldn't be simplistic (esprit de finesse vs esprit de géométrie).

Will ask again Mail-Moth to translate his words.
            i agree! if i am translating "esprit de finesse vs esprit de géométrie" correctly i agree too

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
            it is also fanastic to take a good poop :P
            made me lol
            WTB: This

Comment

• christianef
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by merz
              i believe Christianef at some point worked @ an AnneD establishment, though i could be wrong. we're not declaring Anne's passing or anything, it just seemed like a collection that didn't necessarily turn out so well. and that is perfectly fine, these things happen (more often than not for anyone trying to make and market clothes that do not suck). you seem to be taking things kind of personally with this collection's detractors..
              yes i worked for the boutique in Antwerp. im interested to see how the womens will unfold...if theres half as many nipples u guys are in for a real treat

and to be clear i dont actually think this looks like KVA or ann looks like donatella though her hair is a lot lighter than usual...she looks good. but this does seem, as lakai said, very un-ann.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                yes i worked for the boutique in Antwerp. im interested to see how the womens will unfold...if theres half as many nipples u guys are in for a real treat
                I know, they do tend to share similarities.

By the way i don't mind the bare torsos here,
                people have to much fear of a bit of skin or nipple.
                I like it.
                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

i go for my nipples elsewhere.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    you mean, like on the elbows or knee caps or something?

you're so sick, faust.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

you love it

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        hmmmm suckling pig
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

now look at that cute lil fella

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

thread ->
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Catfood
                              • Oct 2008

I really don't like this collection. Figured I'd wait a bit after seeing it for the first time and look at it again, but it still hasn't grown on me.

My main problem is the abscence of any texture or pattern on any of the fabrics, it just looks way to clean. There are usually lots of nice little details everywhere and that seems almost absent here. The patent sneakers don't look nice at all and like christanef allready mentioned some of the looks give a sportswear/boxing association that is quite odd. Some of the jackets look quite nice at least, as well as some of the leather trousers. Although leather trousers aren't really anything I'd ever wear. I'd wish she'd done at least a few shirts as I feel she always does at least one or two really nice ones.

Personally I think this collection fails as a collection as a whole as well as on individual pieces. Usually when I see a Ann collection there are two or three pieces that jump out to me as something I really like, with this collection I didn't get that at all. I hope I'll like it better when I get the chance to see some pieces in person, but for me at least this collection was a dissapointment.

Hopefully the fall collection will be a return to form.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I agree, I didn't like all the sheen, would've preferred more texture.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎