• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Boris Bidjan Saberi SS2010

this'll probably generate some interesting discussion. not a bad collection imo, but I think he toned it down for his first runway show in Paris. I really like some of the cuts though and I think this will transalate into a pretty nice collection on the racks.

feel free to paste images here, I'm on my way out.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

this indeed looks interesting in part
    gels nicely with augusta
    and most importantly diverts attention from the plethora of average

Comment

• kbi
      • Feb 2009

black leather looks awful but overall not bad.

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

I really liked a couple of looks, but my, do the rest of them look badly put together.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
          like a total departure from his previous collections/aesthetic.
          Agreed.

His previous collections made use of buttons, straps, and pull cords in what seemed like an effort of avoid using zippers entirely. This gave his work a more distinct feel and kept the clothing, particularly the outerwear, from look so stiff. Here he has used zippers not for functionality but for decoration in places where they seem to serve absolutely no purpose.

I still have hope for this collection though, it feels like there is a lot not being shown here.
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

boris bidjan MEHberi. the majority of the looks aren't very good (imo), but maybe it's b/c it doesn't seem to fit well? this looks more like kk attachment than boris bidjan saberi, which isn't a good thing. if he's going to use the bucket hat motif, he should've used this:

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Pinoy
              • Dec 2006

Thanks for the photos, Arto!

I thought this collection was pretty underwhelming as well... and found my eyes kept focusing on the shoes used rather than the clothes! Does anyone know what shoes BBS is using? His own or... ? Looks like Augusta and Avantindietro to me :P

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Interesting textures but not sure about the styling and casting, one will have to see the clothes in person.

Nevertheless, good photography A!
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

I wouldn't call it a total departure from his usual work. There are elements that don't feel congruent with his previous work (although he hasn't been around for that long; maybe it's too early to blast him for deviations from his "norm"), but I definitely saw pieces that I would recognise as BBS if they weren't on the runway.

I think the styling is bad (as usual) but I always save my final judgments of BBS for boutique arrival. Overall, compared to previous work, not as awe-inspiring, but certainly not bad.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Mikael
                    • Feb 2009

Same here, I kept looking at the boots all the more the dark lights prevented from having a good look at the clothes
                    -- Mikael

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

White boots are Augusta since Simone is a good friend of Boris...but he has done new boots too.
                      The show was set up only within one week or so with a limited budget, thus i think it was not bad at all given the preparation time. The collection includes a lot of perforated pieces, the cut will be adjusted, these are all prototypes...
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• kofi3159
                        • Feb 2009

Whats going on with this collection..
                        This is way below Boris potential..

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Its not a bad collection,as has been said styling is terrible,but there are still some nice elements there. Would like to see more of the individual pieces,and better pics.
                          The hats seem to be another nod to his persian origins.
                          Which is something he has done through out all his collections up to now.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            White boots are Augusta since Simone is a good friend of Boris...but he has done new boots too.
                            The show was set up only within one week or so with a limited budget, thus i think it was not bad at all given the preparation time. The collection includes a lot of perforated pieces, the cut will be adjusted, these are all prototypes...
                            Thanks for the info, this was actually the collection I was most excited about and it's good to know that what was shown here is just a glimpse of what we can expect to see come spring. Though I will have to make peace with those zippers.
                            Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                            is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                              • Jan 2008

even though the presentation is steps down from last years' there are several wearable pieces in this and that's all I, as a consumer, can really ask for. which isn't to say this isn't dissapointing, i'm just not all that worried about it.
                              Originally posted by ddohnggo
                              fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎