• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
    Zamb im actually going to be rude now and say you are rather dimwitted to not sniff a microscopic granule of sarcasm in that post.
    Im not going to argue with mr pretty precious.

There were some slyly laced elements of truth in there but obviously I dont care about the repercussions of my posts considering this is an internet forum.

Im not here to de-rail Geoffs thread.
    You know, instead of behaving like an asshole, it would be so much better if you provided constructive criticism and some insight. It would make people appreciate you and you would contribute to the forums. As it is, you've just been offending people, and it will just come to a point where you'll end up talking to yourself - people will simply ignore you (that is if I don't ban you first).
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Great article Geoffrey, an enjoyable and informative read.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
        • Nov 2007

Comment

• delphine
          • Sep 2009

Still a bit cute for my taste... but beautiful nevertheless.
          The knit looks nearly edible.

Minority.. wonderful store; interesting choice to place exclusive items. I shall go have a gander. Has it all landed?

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

Three great reads Geoffery..

Cheers mate, I thoroughly enjoy your work, thought, taste, and replies here. Very much looking forward to reading more. I have only recently discovered but I look forward to picking up one of your garments and examining it properly..
            WTB: This

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

From What I can see the overalls and coat are dope!!! I would love to see some more of the patch work knits as well as what is up with the pleating!! Fabrics and buttons look awesome!!!

Comment

• lotek01
                • Aug 2009

The handstitched (?) detailing is really really cool. Great shots too, although would love to see them on a person or at least clearer pics eventually!

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Is that a long coat with a fur collar?
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                    • Nov 2007

Pollyanna visit this weekend

Thanks very much for all your comments. I will try to fill you in later on some of the questions, perhaps in the rather extensive special fabric story I am trying to write up for this SZ thread at the moment.

In the meantime, I am planning to make a quick personal visit to Pollyanna in England this weekend to introduce a new shoe concept and a few other things, and would like to cordially invite any SZ people in the area to come by and visit and say hello. Would be delighted to meet any of you in person and talk some.

I am informed they are doing some nice things with mince pies this weekend.

Look forward to seeing you.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey B. Small

Comment

• clay
                      • Sep 2006

Wish I could be there!

Comment

• Pollyanna
                        • Aug 2009

Ahem…

SPECIAL SHOES FROM A SPECIAL PLACE AND TIME

This very special shoe design helps fight global warming and comes from our most advanced recycle and sustainable research and represents a first in the world breakthrough in footwear design and manufacture. They are made from 100% recycled leather all by hand and developed for us in San Zenone degli Ezzelini near the hill town of Asolo on the border of the provincias of Treviso and Vicenza by a very unique artisan who is a medieval expert in footwear making and modern sport shoe technology.

Each of the leathers is hand drawn and cut in the original medieval method from our own hand selected vintage recycled Italian leather garments, any variations are of course part of the style and special construction technique. Made from a classic 1950’s sneaker design all with stunningly simple cuts and lines of extreme balance and beauty then combined with a modern updated natural rubber sport sole design for surprising comfort and agility whilst walking.

I feel that covers just about everything and more, however the certificate that you get when you purchase these amazing shoes goes into even more detail in a way that only Geoffrey could.

Black High-top version.

1 of 3 in the world.

2 of 3 in the world.

Brown Low version.

These do come in any colour possible however.
                        Last edited by Pollyanna; 11-11-2009, 05:45 AM.
                        The 'antifashion' establishment for 40 years.

If you have any questions about anything that we stock please drop us a PM and we will be happy to help.

Twitter
                        Facebook
                        Myspace
                        t. +44 1226 291 665
                        f. +44 1226 206 075
                        w. www.pollyanna.com
                        e. enquiries@pollyanna.com

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

These shoes are quite cool, but I think the pitch for how to buy them belongs in the affiliate thread. Descriptions of them belong here, but beyond that, I dunno. It seems not quite right.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• asho
                            • Nov 2007

the shoes seem nice, i see how they conceptually link to mr small's other work, but am at a loss as to how aesthetically it links.

Comment

• jamesd
                              • Sep 2008

I don't know, reading that description (with apparently much more like it on a certificate if you buy the shoes) and then looking at the actual product -- it doesn't add up for me. The description is drawn out and overblown. And the shoes are just not attractive at all in my opinion, especially the low brown ones with the thick white sport sole. I don't see the connection between what the description seems to promise and what the finished product gives you.

Comment

• recycling is nice

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎