/

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
          • Nov 2007

(continued from above)

Comment

• A Fellow Linguist
            • Jul 2009

I just read this entire thread in one shot, really excellent stuff. I doubt I'll ever see any GBS in person, let alone be able to afford it, but it's still all very interesting.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
              • Nov 2007

Thank you very much A Fellow Linguist, I hope you will indeed be able to see our work in person and I will try to do my best to somehow make it a reality for you- if you are in Paris and to all other SZer's in Paris at this time please note...

Our show will be dedicated to people very dear to us who have, and are, passing away, who shared work with us on our collections, and to their families,and their sons and daughters, our dear friends- who continue to work with us today; and to all fathers, and to all mothers, and their families, with whom we share this short, precious, and fragile time together that we call life, on this precious and fragile place we call earth. Very simply, we think it's a time for respect, for togetherness and for love. So, we will try to do a runway show that will reflect this message in the best way we can under the circumstances.

Albeit, the last thing I wanted to do was to conflict with Eugene's SZ Mag launch event and other parties... fashion calendar scheduling requirements forced us to show on Saturday night at 8.30 PM. And we are very sorry. Few things have helped us communicate what we are about and contributed to our steady growth in supporters around the world in the past few years, than this forum. However, the showspace is a very close walk to the SZ Party location, and we will be encouraging everyone at the show by word of mouth and on our printed program to head right over after it is over. We will also be spreading the word about the next night's Stealthprojekt party as well to everyone too. If you are in Paris and an SZ reader, and wish to attend our show, you will definitely need an invite. So for your convenience and urgency, please find a special SZ guest pass that you can print and bring to the door to see the show. You are now cordially invited. And we look forward to seeing you if you can make it.

Best wishes and thank you,

Geoffrey

Comment

• cremaster
                • Jan 2010

Interested to know how the show went if anyone got to see it.

Comment

• cremaster
                  • Jan 2010

Thank you Raw.
                  Simply stunning.

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Last edited by Johnny; 10-13-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• CAIN
                      • Jun 2013

The show was great! And the venue was awesome! I was surprised that not many people went, it really was worth going, music selection was too experimental for me but Geoffrey's work was so impressive and well constructed that makes this detail very irrelevant!

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

Dear Cain,

Thanks for your kind word and thanks for coming to the show. As I believe this may have been your first time to ever see one of our shows, please let me explain that the crowd size at the show is entirely my fault. I do not invite many people to my shows, I do not work with any press agents, and I have been purposefully out of the fashion press and media loop for many years, for reasons that I have outlined in detail previously in this thread. So while the crowd was small, it was very carefully selected, and the quality of the guests I can assure you, was the top of the mountain.

I am also not sure you understand the nature and reason behind the show itself, which was not to show and promote a fashion collection to an industry that I avoid and abhor, but instead was dedicated to families- and in particular people very, very close to us in our own families right now who have just passed away, or are in the process of doing so very soon. Like the people with Yohan Serfaty this season, we too, are in mourning.

So intimacy, not a lot of people, was paramount to this presentation, from our reception for the guests with white jacket cocktail service, to the beautiful interior design and runway work by the great art installation architect Paul Bradley and his family (who also walked for us in our show), and the contributions of so many others.. including those experiencing big losses and deep pain in their own lives at that very moment, this was really and truly a family affair.

I hope you can begin to understand that that was the point of doing the show at all in the first place, and that our clothes for us this time, were little more than window dressing... the proper accoutrement to a ceremony dedicated to love, togetherness, and sharing precious time with precious people on this precious earth.

And so, I invite you to look beyond the window dressing in the shop window and step inside the store... and please understand that my soundtrack was not just a selection of music for fashion models to walk to (they never are), but rather, an intense story in audio about a real life. And each word and each piece of sound in that track forms a part of that story and that life, from the first breathe to the last.

It was not in any way meant to be 'experimental'. It is the story I had to tell- and what I had to say- nothing more and nothing less. And for some, that story was resonant. One of our guests, Kurt from KH in Cologne, was so touched by the track that he came backstage and immediately asked me for it, so I gave him my backup copy CD as a gift for him. He didn't know why, but he said that he had to get the soundtrack from me. And he did.

So once again, I thank you, and hope that after reading this, you may begin to expand your understanding of what you saw and heard that night and perhaps further augment your experience and memory of it, and its real underlying message. And as you begin to discover our work, and experience your first show with us, I hope you will also begin to realize that there is much more than just construction, fabrics, or aesthetic design behind our clothes and what we do. And that we are never concerned with having a lot of people either liking us, buying our clothes, or coming to our shows in Paris. Less is more. We are not for everyone, and never will be.

In the meantime, I will try to put something together soon on the show that we can post up here in SZ. But we have a lot of other commitments and obligations that we have to take care of at the moment first. Thank you again for your kindness and understanding, and of course, for attending our presentation.

Best wishes,

Geoffrey
                        for everyone involved with the show

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                          • Nov 2007

JUST ARRIVED our latest collection of extreme handmade design works... at one of the most unique and personal designer retailers in the world- Masato Yoshihara's legendary Al Select store in Kichijoji Tokyo, Japan- where Masato and his wife Hiroko, have presented the most cutting edge and advanced pieces from many of the world's best independent avant-garde creators for many years inside perhaps the smallest and most power-packed designer retail space on the planet; all to an extensive waiting list of dedicated and loyal customers from all over Japan. Images: video of Koos Faber from the recent July 2013 GBS show in Paris in the windows of the store (courtesy Al Select). Note: we are just now informed by Masato and Hiroko that the entire delivery was sold out in about three days. A big heartfelt thank you to all of the loyal clients who participated in these acquisitions.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                            • Nov 2007

OUR NEWEST EXAMPLES of extreme handmade shoes were just completed for Rosa Orrantia's
                            Persuade in Bilbao. Only twenty pairs in four special designs were created and built in San Zenone
                            degli Ezzelini, and finished at Cavarzere Venezia, as a part of our ongoing collaboration with
                            Giuseppe Rebesco, one of Italy's last remaining master historical shoe craftsmen. Each of the shoes
                            were entirely hand cut from special Italian Vicentina calfskin or recycle vintage garment leathers and
                            finished with pure calfskin linings and elegant all leather confezione ago sole constructions.

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                              • Nov 2007

You can read more about our extreme handmade shoe design work, or Rosa Orrantia's Persuade in
                              Bilbao, on the GBS thread here on StyleZeitgeist.com at the links below:

about our shoes: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...132#post420132

about Persuade in Bilbao: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...027#post405027

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎