Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Resonkuken
    • Oct 2012

Someone has to make that come true. I´m so in to the anime right now.

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

I don't know what happen with Attack On Titan, but is seems to be the anime of this year. Lot of people talk about it.
      Not watched yet for me.

Comment

• Muzuen
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
        Someone has to make that come true. I´m so in to the anime right now.
        Apparently a live-action adaptation is already in development and is to be expected in 2014.

Comment

• ulrich133
          • Dec 2012

Just finished Attack on Titan and Shiki last night...once more my life is left feeling empty now that i'm back in search of something else to start watching haha

I don't suppose anyone knows of any series or movies similar to Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust? Or any of those sorts of post apocalypticy stories?

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ulrich133 View Post
            Just finished Attack on Titan and Shiki last night...once more my life is left feeling empty now that i'm back in search of something else to start watching haha

I don't suppose anyone knows of any series or movies similar to Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust? Or any of those sorts of post apocalypticy stories?
            Mmm, that's pretty broad. Are you looking for action? thought provoking?
            just post apocalypse i'd say...Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Ergo Proxy, Now and Again, Here and There... Vampire anime's I recommend against are Blood +, Trinity Blood (which is a ripoff of Trigun), and Hellsing Ultimate (because the end just gets silly).
            Check out my anime list if you want.
            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• ulrich133
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
              Mmm, that's pretty broad. Are you looking for action? thought provoking?
              just post apocalypse i'd say...Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Ergo Proxy, Now and Again, Here and There... Vampire anime's I recommend against are Blood +, Trinity Blood (which is a ripoff of Trigun), and Hellsing Ultimate (because the end just gets silly).
              Check out my anime list if you want.
              I guess i'm more of an action and mystery kinda guy rather than a philosophical clever type as far as anime tastes go.
              I might check out Trigun and Wolf's Rain, i've not seen Trinity Blood though i did enjoy Hellsing Ultimate and Blood +.

Again, pretty broad, but i don't suppose you know of any anime movies similar to Perfect Blue?

Comment

• Dreavan
                • Mar 2012

Hello guys,

OMG is that real? SZ members crazy about animes! Guess what?

me too!!!

I'm watching animes since I was born! Nowadays, all themes are available thank to very talented japanese artists.

Speaking about Attack on Titan! I watched it and really loved it ... I'm very curious about what is going on during the next chapters because this is a kind of story where you start without knowing anything.
                It goes from surprises to surprises so it's a good anime with lot of actions.

To resume, i spent more than 1k hours watching animes from all sorts :

Shonen, Cyberpunk (Gunnm was a real turn on), Seinen ...

My favorites so far ... One Piece, Shingeki No Kyojin, Yamato Nadeshiko ShiShi Henge, Claymore, Tobaku Mokushiroku Kaiji (top3!!!), Deadman Wonderland, Mirai Niki, Btooom and so on ...

I mostly like the short survivals!

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

Time to share our MAL.

Comment

• Dreavan
                    • Mar 2012

Hey Crowzer, you miss Btooom on your plan to watch list lol

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ulrich133 View Post
                      I guess i'm more of an action and mystery kinda guy rather than a philosophical clever type as far as anime tastes go.
                      I might check out Trigun and Wolf's Rain, i've not seen Trinity Blood though i did enjoy Hellsing Ultimate and Blood +.

Again, pretty broad, but i don't suppose you know of any anime movies similar to Perfect Blue?
                      For weird psychological thrillers...try maybe Paranoia Agent, Monster, Paprika, Boogiepop Phantom, Serial Experiments Lain...

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dreavan View Post
                        Hey Crowzer, you miss Btooom on your plan to watch list lol
                        Ok I trust you, I'll watch it.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

For all you who didn't know, Shinichiro Watanabe, director of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, has a new show called Space Dandy airing right now.

Comment

• dronevil
                            • Jul 2010

I don't know If there's a Manga Thread.
                            Big fan of Zetman. The anime was way too toned down and didn't do the series justice. That being said, the Manga has an intensely gruesome story line. The pacing can sometimes be hard to follow, but makes up for a visually pleasing read.

When It comes to anime, huge Gundam fan. Anything Universal Century arc, to even 00. If I can find sometime during my days off, Ill bust out the ol' hobby knife and do some Gunpla!

Great to see an appreciation for anime on the forums!

Comment

• BrittanyShrevas
                              • Jan 2014

Anime!

I'm into shoujo anime.

My favorite( Kaichou wa maid sama)

---Skip beat
                              ---Fushigi Yugi
                              ---Yamato Nadeshiko
                              ---Fruits Basket and more...

Comment

• Czx
                                • Feb 2011

Can anyone recommend me something in the vein of Samurai Champloo, Totoro etc.? That is something rather lighthearted, placed in a fantastical or a historical (older times preffered) environement (or the mixture of the two) that takes from the history of Japan and it's mythology?
                                I really like some lighter anime I could watch nowadays. I already went through Kenshin. Maybe I should reconsider Naruto?
                                I won't mind full feature movies as well. And (this is very important to me) with the style kept in similiar style to those mentioned, I can't bear the ultra-real or ultra-fantastical styles, I'm really for the one that keeps to the comic tradition.
                                néant
                                Last.FM paranoia
                                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                                0 > ∞

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡