X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

/\ The story is the same up to a point where they really deviate. The story changes completely yes. However, the regular one is darker than Brotherhood and has a follow up movie to complete the ending. I recommend both as the regular one's take is so dark that it is totally worth it.
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• BrittanyShrevas
      • Jan 2014

anime I love:

Death Note
      Naruto
      Bleach
      Kaichou wa Maid Sama
      Fruits Basket

and more....

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
        /\ The story is the same up to a point where they really deviate. The story changes completely yes. However, the regular one is darker than Brotherhood and has a follow up movie to complete the ending. I recommend both as the regular one's take is so dark that it is totally worth it.
        Ah, thanks for letting me know! I'm definitely going to watch both of them then. Any other recommendations?
        Originally posted by Faust
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Null12
          • Oct 2013

I've been trying to watch 進撃の巨人 / Attack on Titan! I am on episode 10 and its been alright so far.

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

^ One of best animes from 2013.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I've been watching Attack on Titan as well. It actually made me consider the fear and terror of being eaten that I am a cause of. I realize how ridiculous that sounds, but I really don't want to be a cause of that kind of fear or terror or suffering for animals. I considered going vegetarian, and then vegan, because I'd have no trouble giving up most any food product.

But leather. I can't fathom a life without leather. Isn't that absurd? I can risk nutritional deficits and give up pretty much all good flavors, but I can't give up leather.

Then I realized my entire life is just evil, as Louis CK has similarly commented. All the things that my life involves, 'ethical' food and clothing choices wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface. Living ethically amounts to putting on rainboots to wade in the ocean. Plastics, chemicals, fossil fuels, urban infrastructure, landfills, carbon footprint, anything involving first world existence pretty much offsets any good intentions.

Sorry world, I'm just a complete dick and am incapable of being anything else, no matter how much could want or try to be.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Ahimsa
                Vegan Police
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by eleves View Post
                Ah, thanks for letting me know! I'm definitely going to watch both of them then. Any other recommendations?
                Based on your viewing history I might say try Dragon Ball if you haven't yet, Yu Yu Hakusho, maybe Naruto even. You can check out my anime list too if you'd like.

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                I've been watching Attack on Titan as well. It actually made me consider the fear and terror of being eaten that I am a cause of. I realize how ridiculous that sounds, but I really don't want to be a cause of that kind of fear or terror or suffering for animals. I considered going vegetarian, and then vegan, because I'd have no trouble giving up most any food product.

But leather. I can't fathom a life without leather. Isn't that absurd? I can risk nutritional deficits and give up pretty much all good flavors, but I can't give up leather.

Then I realized my entire life is just evil, as Louis CK has similarly commented. All the things that my life involves, 'ethical' food and clothing choices wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface. Living ethically amounts to putting on rainboots to wade in the ocean. Plastics, chemicals, fossil fuels, urban infrastructure, landfills, carbon footprint, anything involving first world existence pretty much offsets any good intentions.

Sorry world, I'm just a complete dick and am incapable of being anything else, no matter how much could want or try to be.
                I'm not sure where to start with this. For one, a complete thread derail.
                No, everything you do is not pointless and does actually offset some things. Being vegetarian is better for the environment than driving a hybrid car for instance.

Also, your comments on vegans/vegetarians is quite cringe worthy.

Vitamin deficiencies? Everyone who eats improperly risks those. However, as a vegetarian/vegan your chance of cardiovascular disease is lowered significantly, as is diabetes, obesity, etc. etc.

Saying that you are giving up good flavor? Completely subjective. NYC has a Michelin starred vegan restaurant, so I'd tend to disagree.

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                  Based on your viewing history I might say try Dragon Ball if you haven't yet, Yu Yu Hakusho, maybe Naruto even. You can check out my anime list too if you'd like.

Thanks for pointing out the list, I am definitely going to check some of these out. As for things like Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho, I've seen most of those types of anime that were really popular on a mainstream level in the U.S. Basically all the things that were airing on Toonami and Adult Swim back when I was a kid. So far the reason I've been watching what I've been watching is because they're just ones that are easy to access but I'm willing to watch other things if they're worth it.
                  Last edited by eleves; 02-15-2014, 11:57 AM.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• DearTdot
                    • Feb 2014

Currently

Naruto
                    One piece
                    Bleach
                    Death note

Old faves
                    Yu yu hakusho
                    DB dbz

Comment

• Crowzer
                      • Feb 2011

DB dbz
                      Did you watch the "KAI" version ?

Comment

• Null12
                        • Oct 2013

You guys may (if you already have not) want to check out "Durarara."

Cool unusual story, nice art, and a nice OST.

I am usually not that big on anime but a nice sound track always reels me in. :)

Comment

• Picasso
                          • Jul 2013

Naruto is meh now
                          Bleach is beyond horrible.
                          My fav two are Code Geass and Ghost in the Shell. Also Air gear but that only got 25 episodes before being canceled.

Samurai Champloo takes the award for best ever though. From the animation to the production everything was perfect. It had a sense of "soul" about it.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

/\ I would like Code Geass infinitely more if they didn't use Sunrise as their production studio. I cannot stand that animation style. Gundam Seed used it too and I just can't.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                              Vegan Police
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Null12 View Post
                              You guys may (if you already have not) want to check out "Durarara."

Cool unusual story, nice art, and a nice OST.

I am usually not that big on anime but a nice sound track always reels me in. :)
                              Thank you for the recommendation, especially pointing out the soundtrack. I'm an avid collector of OST's because I believe soundtracks are an integral part to a good anime.

Comment

• surver
                                • Oct 2007

Space Pirate CAPTAIN HARLOCK

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎