Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Maybe it's time you shut the fuck up.
    Maybe someone can continue the chain of maybe-comments.

Comment

• shdws
      • Sep 2011

/\

I am just curious about the boots : / and who might have them, particularly due to it being white (and actually missing from the campaign pictures), that's all homes....
      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by shdws
        Fellow stylezeitgeistians, Anyone tried these on?
        http://www.layerslondon.com/clothing...her_boots.html But the shorter shaft version.

For some reason I did not see it in the campaign photos though : /
        Well, which campaign were you looking at? These are from 2 seasons ago: F/W2011 – not current F/W2012 collection. The Layer's link you posted does notate that. This explains why they're at 50% mark-down.

This is InAisce's signature boot, meaning it's available every season. The colorways are what change, and sometimes the skins. He likely did a very limited number of the white, so there's little point in shooting them for the lookbook. Think of them as a specialty item.

And white....is it going to be hard to pull off?
        This depends entirely on you.

And who actually has these white boots (the shorter one that is) and finds it hard to match with the rest of their stuff, fit pics?
        If you've grown accustomed to a matchy-matchy dark wardrobe, a pale boot will be the bane of your existence. Rather than disappearing into the background like black footwear, they provide contrast to what you're wearing, Some people like that; most can't handle it.

For those who wear a lot of grey (or lighter tones in general), these would be a nice alternative to black. I see this boot looking better & better with wear – dirtied up, creased, used & abused.

Re: try-ons, I've worn the ankle version, but just stomping around the studio during try-ons. That won't help you much, but speaking to someone who actually owns a pair will. Zamb would be a good person to ask. He lives in his. Shoot him a PM, but once Paris Fashion Wk is over. NOT now!

p.s. The above comment isn't being directed at you. It's something between other members, don't stress. :)
        sain't

Comment

• shdws
          • Sep 2011

HI interest1!

Yeap the F/W 2011 one. I like how you described them as specialty items . Ye, I'm actually in my 2nd year of growing into the darker shade wardrobe, I'm still slowly building on what I think are basics, it just takes time to build a solid wardrobe, with decent pieces, if that makes sense? especially saving up for said items as well.

I definitely can imagine them turning out nice ruffed up, but depends how "thrashed" it gets I guess?

Did you try the white ones on, are they very "matt" white if that makes sense? And if these are the signature boots, maybe I'll wait for another color, the waiting game....is such a pain, need to learn some patience.

Oh thanks for clearing that up lol, I went through the entire Inaisce posts again to see what I may have said to cause some rukus lol. And yea good idea, I'll message him once FW is over.
          Last edited by shdws; 01-22-2012, 01:26 AM.
          Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

/\

I actually bought zamb's when he was raising funds for a grail, so while I haven't worn them nearly as much as he has, I'll chime in. They are the most comfortable and well-constructed boots I own, and I'm probably going to pick up a second pair as a backup in the near future. Not sure what more of an endorsement I can give

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

style wise they are not like carpet diem, but construction wise they are just as good
              Better than a lot of other brands that are revered in terms of the quality.
              actually, I did sell them to Urth, and in some ways regret it like I regret selling my Carpe Derbies,

I am gonna buy another pair, because yes they are incredibly comfortable even thighs the ones I had was a half size too small, and unlike Carpe diems that I have to loosen the laces to get my foot in and out, the Zippers on the Inaisce boots actually allows for you to get the boots on and off rather easily,

and M, I an not going to much parties this season, I almost work myself to sickness in NY, so I was commanded to get a lot of sleep while I am in Paris, I also have a lot to do as soon as i get back to NY.

I hang out with Faust and Lowrey and we are all grown men with families and children, so we have to go to bed at night

I just left Geoffrey's show with both of them and we all decided to go to bed............I saw a few Szers at La Pearle and I made sure to dodge as I am not staying out late

Im going to see Jona and Sruli tomorrow as they are around the corner from me
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

also, while I do wear a lot of blacks and greys, Ive never been shy of wearing a white shoes, boot.
                actually I have always had a pair of white and red shoes in my collection

I think some people are just too afraid of experimenting, or they get stuck to a look so much that they cannot imagine making it versatile by expanding their choices
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• shdws
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                  /\
                  They are the most comfortable and well-constructed boots I own
                  Thanks Urthwhyte!. I have read some good feedback from you guys about the boots, and from memory it was the gunmetal/bronze color and reverse horse yea?

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  I think some people are just too afraid of experimenting, or they get stuck to a look so much that they cannot imagine making it versatile by expanding their choices
                  Thanks Zamb! for your helpful input, saves me from annoying you with a pm :D. Did you actually handle/try on the white reverse calf in person? or did you actually not see them. I def agree with your comment on experimenting with white boots, however I could understand how white is much harder to match with ones collection, regardless if its black, blues or what not.

Comment

• (((o
                    • May 2009

Any photos from the show room? Would love to see more of the shearling jacket.
                    i've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Comment

• ACM
                      • Jan 2011

Love to see some showroom photos...

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

there are some on their fb page.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

^ Linked them in the FW12 thread and didn't think to post them here as well, but here's direct link so no one needs to hunt for it.

Showroom Photos

Comment

• sinnedk
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2011

anyone have experience with the In Aisce "LOW BOOT IN TAR", or any in aisle boots? how do the compare to augsta, guidi, ma+?

Comment

• Magic1
                              • Jan 2011

If you read the previous page or two, you'll find out that they are very good boots.
                              high quality leather (may be guidi, not sure), good laces, high quality zipper (excella, which guidi uses), and good construction. And very comfortable. certainly as good as guidi.

Comment

• sinnedk
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
                                If you read the previous page or two, you'll find out that they are very good boots.
                                high quality leather (may be guidi, not sure), good laces, high quality zipper (excella, which guidi uses), and good construction. And very comfortable. certainly as good as guidi.
                                do you own a pair?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎