Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Paris, a new thread

thanks Anomie, great list.

not sure if this belongs here or in the tech thread but can anyone recommend a decent prepaid SIM for data? was thinking Lebara but I don't think they have nano SIMs in store, I'll only be in Paris for 4-5 days so 500MB to 1GB should suffice.

how's the food at Frenchie's wine bar? looking for a place for next Thursday night, made arrangements for the trip to Paris far too late to consider booking the main restaurant. managed to make a reservation at Le Chateaubriand for one of the nights I'm in town which should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by dji View Post
    how's the food at Frenchie's wine bar? looking for a place for next Thursday night, made arrangements for the trip to Paris far too late to consider booking the main restaurant. managed to make a reservation at Le Chateaubriand for one of the nights I'm in town which should be good.
    The food is good. A bit more casual than the main restaurant. They expanded the space so it might be easier to get in.

I will be at Chateaubriand on Saturday. They have a new wine bar/store in between Chateaubriand and Le Dauphin.

Still waiting to hear about reservations at Le Servan for Thursday.

Clamato would also be another option for you if you like seafoods - they are also no reservations like Frenchie's Wine Bar.

thanks Anomie, I ended up making a booking at Bones for the Thursday night. will try to get in to Clamato for lunch on Saturday or Sunday.

thanks Anomie, I ended up making a booking at Bones for the Thursday night. will try to get in to Clamato for lunch on Saturday or Sunday.
    Bones is very good (albeit loud).

Chef Henry posted and an instagram today of an amazing Breton lobster.

looking forward to it. Anomie any recommendations for an early dinner on a Monday night around the 3rd/4th or 11th Arr.? we have a 9:45pm flight out of Orly to make.

looking forward to it. Anomie any recommendations for an early dinner on a Monday night around the 3rd/4th or 11th Arr.? we have a 9:45pm flight out of Orly to make.
    Some suggestions of places that are open on Monday and might be serving early:

Les Enfants Rouge (3rd) - need reservations. This was taken over by a new chef/owner who trained at Le Comptoir de Relais

Le Mary Celeste (3rd) - opens at 6 and you can have a nice light meal

Come A Casa (11th) - opens at 6. I have never been but hear good things.

Le Verre Vole (10th) - epicenter of natural wine. Food is good sometimes great depending upon the chef of the moment

Another option if you can is to do a late lunch. I have a 2:00 reservation at David Toutain on Monday.

thanks Anomie, Les Enfants Rouge and Le Mary Celeste both look good and are a brief walk from the hotel.

Le Chataeubriand was excellent and both Bones and David Toutin were enjoyable, thanks for the tips Anomie!

Unfortunately after booking for Le Mary Celeste they announced they would be closed on Monday night, and none of the other restaurants are open at around 6pm. Any other ideas guys for an early (or quick by Parisian standards) dinner?

Just get duck confit at any bistro.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Le Chataeubriand was excellent and both Bones and David Toutin were enjoyable, thanks for the tips Anomie!

Unfortunately after booking for Le Mary Celeste they announced they would be closed on Monday night, and none of the other restaurants are open at around 6pm. Any other ideas guys for an early (or quick by Parisian standards) dinner?
    I thought David Toutain was excellent. Clown Bar has been good for a couple of light lunches and has an excellent wine list. Le Servan was ok but a slight disappointment given where the Chef has trained.

Monday and 6 is tough. Frenchie Bar Avins is open on Monday but they don't start until 7:00. I will see if I can come up with any other ideas.

Unfortunately Verjus' wine bar's kitchen didn't open till 7pm, settled for Comptoir de la Gastronomie which was mediocre at best. Frenchie to Go was very good, as was Bob's Kitchen and Robert et Louise. Thanks again for the recommendations Faust and Anomie, we thoroughly enjoyed nearly all of the food we had in Paris!

2nd Galia, beats the rest hands down...

Third. So happy that Marais finally got a PH shop (not the SZ kind), so I don't have to schlep to St. Germain anymore.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Don't forget the one next to the Yohji store off St Honore

Default your top favorite hotels in paris?

thinking of staying a few nights at a hotel along w/ airbnb. looking for old, rustic and historic. sighting of ghostly apparations a plus . any recommendations?

The ghosts of greatness past haunt the entire country - you don't need a hotel!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine