Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shawn
    • Apr 2007

I dont have much spare time to watch TV shows since they are usually long-term and not interested enough.

I think Mad Men is the only TV shows that I've watched and really enjoyed (I mean from season 1 to currenly 4) since 2003 or 04 maybe.

Initial motivation for me to watch it because its a show about adv industry where I am working for now. then so far as we all know it's not the point but the screenplay is really great (S1 and S2 at least), characterizations and sure - costume!

Guide to picking up women like Don Draper
    - Look fantastic in a suit
    - Look fantastic in casual wear
    - Look fantastic in anything!

Now go and get more CCP suits~

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I keep hearing good things about The Wire. Worth watching?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sshum88
        • Dec 2007

I've watched all 5 seasons and enjoyed the episodes. Some seasons were more interesting to follow than others but still a good show. Omar is a great character!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Originally posted by eat me
        If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• t-bone
          • Dec 2009

Every superlative you've ever heard about it is true. It took me a couple episodes but it's worth it. Some heavy shit in there.

Comment

• jscl
            • Jan 2010

+1 on the wire. the first few episodes drag a little, and are pretty lengthy, but if you can get through them it's great.
            JUST THE HITS

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

obligatory..balmore, merlin style

Comment

• DmD
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
                Every superlative you've ever heard about it is true. It took me a couple episodes but it's worth it. Some heavy shit in there.
                One of the better police dramas I've seen. It also took me a couple of episodes to get into the characters and more natural filming style, but the first 3 seasons especially are great.

Comment

• Fbrc Hmmr
                  • Nov 2010

on the channel Arte TV

great movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09guxj1weq8

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by viv1984viv View Post
                    Despite what I've just said, anyone seen This Is England 86 ( the film spin off series by Shane Meadows )?
                    Yes, it was rather good. He wrote two of the four episodes and personally I could see the difference - it was not bad in any way, it was just noticeable. A word of warning, there are some rather distressing scenes of rape...it did not skirt around it, it went FULL ON rape (Channel 4 got quite the number of complaints!). I had to take a break after watching one of the scenes.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

Yes and no. The people who will tell you it's the best thing that has ever been on TV and generally those who have no contact whatsoever with European independent film, i.e. discontinuous narrative, experimental editing techniques, etc.

I've seen the whole series, and it's as good as a plot-driven narrative will get. I never was able to get past the fact that it's shot like an episode of Law and Order.

Plot-driven narrative is just not up to the task of capturing the entirety of a complex socio-political situation. THE WIRE needed a touch of the avant-garde.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                        obligatory..balmore, merlin style

25th hour.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by copacetic View Post
                          Yes and no. The people who will tell you it's the best thing that has ever been on TV and generally those who have no contact whatsoever with European independent film, i.e. discontinuous narrative, experimental editing techniques, etc.

I've seen the whole series, and it's as good as a plot-driven narrative will get. I never was able to get past the fact that it's shot like an episode of Law and Order.

Plot-driven narrative is just not up to the task of capturing the entirety of a complex socio-political situation. THE WIRE needed a touch of the avant-garde.
                          On 5th episode, and can't say that i either like it or hate it. Watching it kinda on auto-pilot. Alright for the midnight hour when brain no longer able to process complex information.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

awesome, just received the complete larry sanders collection that amazon was selling for $60.

anyone ever see that garry shandling show from the 80's and know if it's any good? the 80's seems like it's going a little too far back in tv to be worth watching at this point.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

i just watched the entire 3 seasons of breaking bad in one sitting. i think it's the best show since the wire..

now remember kids, when dissolving a dead body in hydroflouric acid, use a POLYETHELENE container..

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

On 5th episode, and can't say that i either like it or hate it. Watching it kinda on auto-pilot. Alright for the midnight hour when brain no longer able to process complex information.
                                Oh, yeah, this. So, The Wire is easily the best show I have ever seen. It is simply incredible and I haven't been impressed by a TV program, or a film for that matter, like that in a very long time.

Keeping hearing good things about Breaking Bad.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎