Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

I think the first couple of looks are amazing, but I never really liked Doma. I think the idea of floating clothes are good, but his clothes are floating too much... It's too wide, too much curves, it's much too much for my taste.

Comment

• editevening
      • Nov 2008

Is it just me or does half of this look like the sleepiest collection yet. I feel like they are wearing cinched duvets and should be carrying a pillow.
      #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• stereophobic
        • Aug 2009

Not my aesthetic but I appreciate the textures on display, lots of the pieces look absolutely decadent. Kind of like the new sneakers and ankle boots as well but knowing his pricing makes me go "hhhhrrrrnnnngggghh"
        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

i lost interest. it didn't surprise me.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

there are a few pieces that I like, I really LOVE. LOVE the mood i am getting from the show itself, as for the clothes in general...........just not me,
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cuddly
              • Sep 2007

what in the world is this collection about.

this looks like a mesh of a futuristic pimp and something out of harry potter.

and who is damir foolin with this? this is a straight up rug over a dudes head. lmao

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

^^

And since we're goin' there, whose dad IS this, anyway? Sorry, thinking out loud again...

But the real question here, really, is what's the story with the print? Prints are so hard as it is, why would he venture into that territory with this one? It looks like the model is wearing Garanimals.

I actually think much of this Doma collection will be great when seen in the reality of the showroom. Show styling can be a mind-fuck.

Really like the fact that he's expanding his womenswear. It's so hard finding beautiful grey pieces, though the volumes are a deterrent. Would need to try them on to gauge. But where am I going to find it, even in NY? Haven't seen his womenswear anywhere. Anyone?
                Last edited by interest1; 02-06-2010, 09:47 PM.
                sain't

Comment

• editevening
                  • Nov 2008

I actually thought he was one of the more badass dudes at Paris. Stood out for Junya as well.

#nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

I actually like this guy a lot, editevening. I'm just in a silly mood tonight.

Originally posted by editevening View Post
                    I actually thought he was one of the more badass dudes at Paris. Stood out for Junya as well.

sain't

Comment

• stereophobic
                      • Aug 2009

Oghren is that you?

An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• cuddly
                        • Sep 2007

found him.

Originally posted by editevening View Post

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                        Oghren is that you?

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

After seeing this line, it makes me miss the more traditional, straightforward pieces.
                          This is one of those situations where my response to seeing the line is a very personal one rather than a critical one.
                          I don't get the silhouettes or the almost gym casual/formal wear hybrid here. Paired with the patterns, some of them almost look and feel cartoony.
                          Not much edge to it, maybe. The billowy pieces seem over the top to me but I could see some people being able to pull them off.
                          I just don't see too many practical situations where these pieces would fit into an existing wardrobe.
                          Again, this is all me comparing this work to the earlier, very palatable pieces. My DD collection consists mainly of basics but I do have some very classic tops and a jacket that I can wear with anything.

Maybe it's just that the pieces feel very dependent upon the rest of the line to keep them in context and that's a big commitment to consider.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• XenoX101
                            • Dec 2008

Sizing will be critical with this one, I think if they don't get 44-46's in true to size proportions it will look silly on 95% of people who wear it. That said as far as runway is concerned this is pretty damn awesome.

Comment

• Sion
                              • Mar 2009

Fuck. Was really hoping this season would take a step back and be more like earlier collections. Cant see myself wearing much of this. FUCK.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Interest1, maybe Seven will buy some womenswear.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎