Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chim
    • Dec 2006

awesome price on that sz 54. Some SZbeefcake should pick that up pronto. Kunk?

Comment

• CUTUP
      • Sep 2009

Its truly a shame that he wont be doing a SS11

I just recently copped a leather jacket from his F/W "In Carnation" collection, and I have to echo what Faust has said

The attention to detail ( especially the seaming) and anatomical cutting with perforations on the elbows ect make his pieces a delight to wear. The leather is substantial, yet very supple. Apparently its entirely made of deer leather, which explains the substantial weight with a soft almost rubber feel to it

And the double high collar is an interesting touch as well

Just a side note to anyone thinking of purchasing his items, the pieces run slim. A 52 is the norm for me in fitted jackets and the 52 from his collection fits me almost skin tight, especially on the arms.

But I get the distinct impression that his leathers where designed with a skin tight fit in mind, much in the same way as a Julius leather would fit.
      Last edited by CUTUP; 11-14-2010, 07:57 PM.
      Originally posted by marco-von
      this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• treasurehoard
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by birdytg View Post
        Do you remember what was the price like?
        retail was over $2800.

The way the wool is attached to the leather is amazing. As Who? said I believe flocking is the term they use. The application gives the illusion that it is going through the leather in spots and that it morphs from leather to wool.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

thought about it but it wouldn't go well with most of what i have.

Originally posted by Chim View Post
          awesome price on that sz 54. Some SZbeefcake should pick that up pronto. Kunk?

Comment

• Icarium
            • Oct 2010

How much was it on yoox? That is definitely one of the most mind blowing pieces I've seen before. Will probably make it on the long tail grail list.

Man there's a size 52 on ebay for 1550 that is a perfect fit by measurement... if I only had it ;p

Comment

• CUTUP
              • Sep 2009

$1550 is way overpriced

Yoox had it for around the equivilent of $800 USD if memory serves me correctly.

Mind you thats stupid cheap, but $1550 for that damaged coat is insane given how big that tear is IMO.

New retail on many of his pieces ( jackets)are the equivelant of around 1400 to 1500 euro for the leathers, and although mind blowing in its detailing, is not an iconic piece which would draw such a huge price tag

Comment

• Icarium
                • Oct 2010

Nod thanks for the perspective. I didn't even notice the tear heh. I had the cash I probably would have bought it not noticing. A cheap reminder to actually ascertain condition before buying. Thanks cut up

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                  New retail on many of his pieces ( jackets)are the equivelant of around 1400 to 1500 euro for the leathers, and although mind blowing in its detailing, is not an iconic piece which would draw such a huge price tag
                  Those prices are actually below those of the competition, already making Serfaty's clothing a good deal. The fact that every piece is rich with detail and shows some very impressive ideas only adds to the value for money. So why should the clothing not draw the price tag that it does? It should not matter if it is an iconic piece.

In this niche market, the only determining factor of iconic status is popularity among consumers (CCP fencing, Guidi back zips, RO high collar, etc). I would understand if you were saying that those items demand a higher price because of high demand, but the prices for the most part have not increased to reflect that demand, and your argument sounds more like a case of herd mentality (it's not popular so it shouldn't cost that much, regardless of quality and effort). I apologize if I'm wrong, but what you've said still seems to me a terrible argument against Yohan Serfaty's pricing.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• CUTUP
                    • Sep 2009

I agree with everything you said, I love Yohans stuff, I bought a jacket of his myself. Im sure you read that out of context, read the post I made before it first for some more clarity to what I was saying

I was making a comment as to the question of what the retail price is on Yohans work, compared to the leather in this link http://cgi.ebay.com/YOHAN-SERFATY-Bl...ht_11441wt_930

As Icarium was questioning the price it went for on Yoox, and if the asking price on ebay was worth it IMO. And the mention of an iconic piece, is in reference to the fact that I always see pieces that are well worn go for big bucks because they are revered here, wheras designers who havent caught on here as intensely go for far less

As the seller is asking for close to retail price for a pretty damaged coat ( 2 inch gash), I found it was not worth what the seller was asking IMO

Popularity has nothing to do with whether or not I feel a piece is worth its retail price, I am all about details and quality. And to be honest, I like being one of the few people that owns his work in comparison to the more mainstream brands.

It will all make sense if you read my post beforehand, as I am waxing poetic in my post about how great his work is. I can see how what I said could be misconstrued though, if the above wasnt read first
                    Last edited by CUTUP; 11-20-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

Oh no . I just read your previous post and I did take the one I quoted out of context. It makes much more sense now. I apologize for my aggressiveness. I just wanted to defend Serfaty's work. I'm glad you can separate quality and popularity, as many people can't.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• CUTUP
                        • Sep 2009

^ Oh please dont apoligize....

You were not rude, its just obvious that you find his work just as additcing as I do. You felt someone was attacking a designers work you respect and you defended said designer

Its nice to see that you have that much love/passion for his pieces

Comment

• thomcat
                          • May 2009

i thought some of you may be interested.

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎