Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I think that's what he's aiming for. I actually really like his stuff, it's both structured & drapy. And it's really easy to wear (at least the jackets... Haven't had anything else)

Comment

• Matay
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
      I think that's what he's aiming for. I actually really like his stuff, it's both structured & drapy. And it's really easy to wear (at least the jackets... Haven't had anything else)
      The jackets really are amazing and easy!
      I got the transformable one that he restyled into a thousand different looks for the last few presentations. I definitely think it was worth what it cost. (even my mum is jelaous of it)
      the monotony of domesticity was not to his liking

Comment

my issue lies in his statement of a non background background, coming from the outside, making something for people regardless of gender and ethnicity, but culturally, this is extremely narrow as well, basically it's a new york/paris fashion herd ritual tribe getup he's selling, but he's speaking about it as if it's something anyone on any corner of the planet can relate to... I dont think they can. and I can only find the monolith interesting so many times. He should broaden the recipe for what Rad Hourani can be about. It would make him more justice and cut him some slack. I feel there's a general trend today to make things that will stand the test of time and become something of a "cult" thing, instead of just organically follow what you like and see what comes out of it. The trend of fierce direction of fashion is fascinating, but as Björk stated somewhere along these lines: We're not just one flavour or one instrument or genre. Why should we limit ourselves?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Fashion is treated too much as news rather than what it is, what it does and how it performs, -Geoffrey Beene
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

i didnt want to start a new rad hourani thread so i will just post this here. rad by rad hourani #3 streams live from milk studios on tuesday february 15th @ 5pm. i am interested to see what he does with #3.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

i can't believe this got two pages. some silly-ass shit right there

Comment

• quiet noise
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

Dont really care for his backround, transandrogynous or whatever fancy niché he puts himself in, as long as i dont find his clothes to be aesteticly pleasing. this is plain ugly and uninspiring. it looks OK on him though, but he might as well wear all gareth pugh and i wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Comment

• moderninc2010
                  • Jan 2011

some interesting stuff already sold out!

Comment

• semper
                    • Feb 2009

I would wear Rad Hourani if I would look like Rad Hourani. But I don't look like Rad Hourani.
                    sicut lilium inter spinas

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎