X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I know it's taken forever, but the navigation menu works now.
    I just randomly discovered this (announcement got lost in the shuffle), very much appreciated.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Have to echo that the forum has lost quite a bit of character from the light styling.

You know, you really just need a competent coder off Fiverr or Upwork who knows HTML5, CSS, and perhaps a little PHP -- although this seems like a CSS issue. There is no real domain expertise for vBulletin; it's just an out-of-the-box message board solution.

If there is anyone selling themselves as an expert in vBulletin they're probably stuck in a time warp from 2006 -- this should be an afternoon of work for most frontend devs.

Comment

• Alan
        • Aug 2014

What this website desperately needs is mobile optimization. More and more people browse the web on their mobile phones/tablets unlike desktop. Tapatalk integration would be helpful too.

@mentions would be a neat and useful feature. This way, you would not have to quote somebody's lengthy post or large photo to reply. Instead, you would just @mention and still let the person be notified of the reply.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          What this website desperately needs is mobile optimization. More and more people browse the web on their mobile phones/tablets unlike desktop. Tapatalk integration would be helpful too.

@mentions would be a neat and useful feature. This way, you would not have to quote somebody's lengthy post or large photo to reply. Instead, you would just @mention and still let the person be notified of the reply.
          We all have many personal optimization’s we would like to see happen at SZ. Keep in mind those optimization’s would cost time and money. I️ think SZ is run by only a handful of people, little advertising, and free to use. With that said, the site doesn’t seem to be in place to make a profit but a place for likeminded people to discuss what we love. Let’s be thankful for that.

Comment

• Alan
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
            We all have many personal optimization’s we would like to see happen at SZ. Keep in mind those optimization’s would cost time and money. I️ think SZ is run by only a handful of people, little advertising, and free to use. With that said, the site doesn’t seem to be in place to make a profit but a place for likeminded people to discuss what we love. Let’s be thankful for that.
            Isn't this thread meant for users to suggest forum changes and improvements? I apologize if I misunderstood its purpose.

With that said, user-friendly UX and UI are some of the many factors that can retain a healthy user base and attract new ones, while mobile optimization and compliance with new web standards keep you in good terms with big watchdogs like Google.

For example, imagine an ugly, poorly optimized website that's riddled with bugs, but that has a trove of valuable and rare content, do you think a new user will stick around? Doubtful.

You shouldn't be just "thankful", you should also care a little by constantly suggesting how to improve. Otherwise being just "thankful" is akin to being indifferent. By the way, making improvements has absolutely nothing to do with making a profit in this case.

See, I was never notified of your reply to me. This is one of the things that could be improved/fixed with zero dollars just by tweaking vBulletin settings.
            Last edited by Alan; 11-12-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
              It's industry standard and built into all modern systems, nothing personal or effortful about responsive design whatsoever. It could also significantly improve the SEO for the site -- and while the site is meant to be a community hub, it is also most assuredly a business.

vBulletin just doesn't accommodate it by default. You'd want something like Flarum or Simple Forum. Alternatively, you could switch to a responsive VBulletin template like Quarto: https://themeforest.net/category/for...lue=responsive

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Is it possible to have a nightmode or darkmode as a separate function. Basically an inversion of this colorscheme?
                Grailed link

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Alan View Post

I've suggasted implementing tapatalk a while ago, and members seemed to be roughly evenly split between advocating and not.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zeeshanseo
                    • Dec 2022

I'm going to tell you about the best press release and distribution provider in the world because I just hired them for my website and got so much organic traffic from them. You can easily go to this website to see their most recent press releases and more. check this out

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎