Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto FW10

Default Yohji Yamamoto FW10

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

I was not sure what to think but under this kind of strain I think this looks quiet good.. Some purists may disagree.
    WTB: This

To me this collection gives off a schoolgirl vibe. I think the suspender looks are strong and I like some of the pleated skirts. Not a fan of the see through mesh, and the coats with "face" panel. (I assume that's what it is)

I dunno about this one...i like that shirt dress with the long back, good job on the models in the beauty department too, but this feels very rigid....that net top idea isn't working at all.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

I think this is actually pretty good.

I dig the military service shirt dress hybrids and some of the blocky pleated dresses. I also think all the mutant knit pieces are absolutely fantastic.

That said I don't really give a shit about the majority of the outerwear and the fishnets really don't mesh (har har) with the rest of the collection.

I really like this, the knits are stunning i hate too think how much the cardigan will be, the shirting is really nice good proportions on the second last photo.

something very simple and effective about this. wish i was a loaded schoolgirl right about now.

I'm not sure about this, all these straight lines makes it seem flat and rather stiff and it's not helped by the pared down styling. I don't see how the mesh fits in either. I like the knitted jumpsuit and the shirt-jacket with pockets and the long back, but where has the romance gone?
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Avantster View Post
    I'm not sure about this, all these straight lines makes it seem flat and rather stiff and it's not helped by the pared down styling. I don't see how the mesh fits in either. I like the knitted jumpsuit and the shirt-jacket with pockets and the long back, but where has the romance gone?
    Bingo. I couldn't quite lay my finger on what was bothering me. That's it!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I think its great, mesh aside. Great coats and and shirt dresses. Pleating is great also. I think induvidually these things will be great at retail also which is probably the most important thing for Y.

id wear at least one of those coats for myself , rest is just ok but not fugly

the collection doesn't seem that cohesive to me. most of it is, as avanster put it, lacking romance and very stiff. however, a handful of the fits do look great. i think better styling could portray more of the collection's elegance. overall, an average collection imo. i'm not disappointed with it like with rick's, but it's not great.

I somehow get the feeling of a tired collection. Some pieces are really beautiful, but individual pieces do not make a great collection.

I agree with before mentioned thoughts from Avantster.
    The spirit is there, but it is weak...

oh..
    always love yohji collections.
    both manish and girlish.
    great.

I think the mesh/net looks good in the first bridal silhouette, and that's about it. I have mixed feelings about this collection. I'm very keen on a couple of coats, shirts and the pleated white dress. Pleating looks great but most of the time I'm not sure what it brings to the outfit, I don't really like it visually, it looks too stiff and heavy to my taste. But I probably would need to see it in motion. Globally, I'm a bit disappointed because I was waiting for this collection with extreme excitement. But it definitely doesn't look bad, I hope it will sell well.

i dont feel like yohji put his heart into it, its a bit void to me. its fine but thats not what i have come to look for in yohji, his work, at its best, has the ability to make the heart skip a beat when you first see it and even everytime thereafter.

To me this collection lacks the particular sensuality I associate with Yohji.