X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Julius MA FW2010

some coordinate shots and photographs of individual pieces from the Julius MA FW10 collection on the offside blog. nice continuation of the label with solid basic and suiting mixed some more extreme pieces like the sarong and cowl neck vests/jackets.

need the (poplin?) hooded jacket and guidi-esque sneakers in my wardrobe.
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

Oh my, Guidi-esque offerings from Julius in both mainline and MA flavors this FW. New pair of twisted seam pants from MA as well.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowkey
      • Mar 2010

Some good things there. But I am really not feeling those print tees.

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
        Oh my, Guidi-esque offerings from Julius in both mainline and MA flavors this FW.
        really like both the boots and the sneakers, imo the sneakers are what guidi should have been producing rather than those funky boxing sneakers.

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
          really like both the boots and the sneakers, imo the sneakers are what guidi should have been producing rather than those funky boxing sneakers.
          I'm kind of skeptical about purchasing two similar looking pairs of boots/sneakers, but its so hard trying to make a decision between mainline and MA.

Offside blog has pics of the Steer Reverse mainline sneakers, Benny and I were discussing how weird the midsole-on-the-midsole looks.
          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

I think the overall silhouette of the MA sneakers is different enough from the mainline boots, besides I need a pair of sneakers other than my canvas pair from muji.

would have considered those mainline sneakers myself if they had retained the slimmer profile of the siva collab...

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

^ still hoping for a reissue of those.

I actually don't mind those overall printed tees, I even think they have something (especially in white) - although I'ld prefer those of the mainline.
              Basics are great and I like how they are not only remakes of the past collections but differ slightly in the drape and details.
              Plus the leather is something ... simple and clean. I really like it.

Other than that, I dont really like the new iteration of the J pants. The flap pockets at the back ... nothing for me. Glad I finally got my hands on the current pants in my size :P

Thanks for posting, D!
              Last edited by MoFiya; 04-06-2010, 06:36 AM.
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• kuugaia
                • Feb 2010

^ Mofiya I completely agree with you on the new iteration of the twist seam pants. I think the accentuation of scrunching at the seams coupled with the flaps on the back make them 'too much'. I'm glad I copped this season's pant as it works better personally.

I liked almost all of what I saw, and it's really going along with how I feel that Julius is making better versions of its signature pieces each season. I noticed the curved seam pant also got produced...but with pockets ahaha!

Overall great on leathers and l/s tops. Though I'm a little bit mortified on all the print tees..

Comment

• durbanhawk
                  • Feb 2009

Yes! That poplin hoodie is great, always miss the mailine hoodies in a sz 3, as well, the lace up hi tops are sick, maybe rick owens should take a look at them for quality tips. Perfect black trainers imo. Can't wait! Anyone know stockist of size 3 for ma hoodie? Blackbird is only option i'm aware of for bigger sizing. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎