• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

hello All

Just want to say thanks to you all here at SZ for a wonderful 2011
    we are both existed and scared at the tremendous possibilities that lay ahead for us in 2012.

there are lots of New developments coming here at ZB for the 2012 year, as we look forward to continue our creative work that we have started and to make every effort to provide you all with the great products and wonderful customer service you have come to know from us.

we are still a work in progress, and there are a lot of areas of our company that we will continue to iron out and streamline....... we ask for your patience and continued support for 2012.

Read here often, as there are a lot of new developments coming, and you will be informed about them.

The first two of which we shall mention now.

We have redesigned our company logo, made in more streamlined and consistent with the aesthetic of our company

here is a sample of the new Logo:

2 the next thing our official website is now live : www.zambarrett.com

still a work in progress but thanks to the maestro who made this possible I am confident that it is a true and prideful representation of what we stand for.

blessings to all for 2012
    ZB
    Last edited by zamb; 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM.
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

website is up and running now!

blessings
      ZB

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Ever since the idea was born to create Zam Barrett Dialogue, the mission of our company was simple: to create artisanal type clothing through non-industrialized processes for a client that stood apart from the mainstream trendy and consumerist mindset of modern fashion. Today we remain faithful and unwavering in carrying on this objective.

Our collections are realized by drawing inspiration from the tri-pillars of Historical, Religious and Philosophical concepts; as such they are infused with a level of symbolism and creativity that gives greater meaning and interest to the products beyond the pure utilitarian and adornment purposes of traditional garments.

Zam Barrett Dialogue is a continuous process of creation and refinement of ideas, which are born in part from communication between us as creators and our clients as the end users of the products we make. We propose, suggest, and encourage, from this our clients chose according to their desires. It is in part through this dialogue between creator and client that the creations are yielded; as such our work is to be viewed as collaboration of sorts.

At Zam Barrett Dialogue, our products are made predominantly from some of the best natural materials around, fabrications such as wools, silks, cottons, linens and leather. The items we make are intentionally imperfect as they are made for human beings, by human beings. It is in this spirit that we design them to reflect the beautiful imperfections that are to be found in our collective humanity. If we could use a phrase to describe what we do, we would term the aesthetic of Zam Barrett Dialogue “Philosophic Minimalism” as the items themselves are in part created by asking fundamental questions about our humanity, existence and being then communicating those in as minimal a language as necessary.

Autumn of 2011 marked a significant step in our journey, as it brought forth the realization of ZFactorie. This is our laboratory, our studio, our factory where all our clothing and accessories are designed and made by a team of skilled artisans and tailors. Their singular objective is the creation of clothing purely by the skill of their own hands combined with their knowledge of artisanal techniques, as opposed to the traditional industrialized processes that has become standard in modern garment making.

It is our desire to repair the breach created by industrialization, in removing the skill and artistry of garment making from the hands and heart of local artisans and placing into soulless automated processes. We know we may not be able to reverse this course, but at least we can provide you a place where products are made that posses real soul and meaning you can incorporate into your life and genuinely appreciate. At least we can give you a choice…

Zam Barrett
        bravo!
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

thanks to everyone who has visited me in Paris so far
          to those who are still around and would like to visit, the showroom is a 62 Rue de Turenne,
          the phone number for us is: 33 061 778 7056

It is important to have the number to call when visiting, as we are in an enclosed building and will have to receive you when you arrive to the address.

there are no pictures as yet, but I guess those who have visited can give an account of the line
          we were to shoot a cookbook before leaving New York, but work up to the last minute and there was some miscommunication with the model so we have rescheduled for when we return to NYC.

we will try to get some images done before we leave Paris in the next few days, as we have gotten a lot of request for those.....

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Also, to all our clients who have pending orders for the SS12 season, we will be contacting you in the next few days.......wee will give you an update on your order and make aware the expected completion date.
            So please look out for some correspondence in the next few days

blessings
            ZB

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              Also, to all our clients who have pending orders for the SS12 season, we will be contacting you in the next few days.......wee will give you an update on your order and make aware the expected completion date.
              So please look out for some correspondence in the next few days

blessings
              ZB
              so are my tees?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Hello All

Hope everyone is doing well as we come to the end of the first Month of the new year
                We have just a few updates as I catch my breath and unwind from our Paris Trip for the fall 2012 season.

SPRING 2012 CUSTOM ORDERS

First off, Let me say thanks to all our loyal friends and supporters who consistently buy our products, whether from us here through Zfactorie, or through the wonderful retailers that carry our creations. There are several clients here who have pending custom orders with us, I would just like to let you all know, that we are getting ready the custom orders now, and the items should be ready by the mid to late February, we only have a few things to ship to our last remaining stores them we will turn our full attention to getting ready the custom orders for the season.
                All clients with custom orders from the Spring Summer 2012 collection should receive their items by the end of February.

SPECIAL CUSTOM ORDERS
                As it pertains to orders that are not a part of the Spring 2012 Collection, like Custom suits and such, we will be dealing with those on a separate basis, a personal notification will be sent to all clients informing them of specific details regarding the completion and delivery date for the items.

RETAILERS FOR SPRING 2012
                here are the list of retailers that will be carrying our items for the Spring 2012 season. All stores should receive their items by mid february

1. INK................ Hong Kong,
                2. LAYERS...........London
                3. AL SELECT.......Japan
                4. JOHN BULL ......Japan
                5. OHM STORE.....Kiev

there may be a few more as we have a few stores contacting us about immediate buys, but we will update the list when everything is confirmed.

STUDIO STOCK ITEMS

there will be alot of exiting things happening through Zfactorie for the year 2012, our first set of studio stock items for the Spring 2012 season will be available about the end of february. There will be some changes with the way studio stock items are released this year. There will be a smaller selection of items that are realesed every three months instead of a larger stock twice per year, so there will be new, season appropriate items every quarter. Items like bags, belts, scarves, tees and such, which we consider, non seasonal items and will be always available throughout the year.

there are several clients who have bought items from us over the last few weeks that have yet to receive their items, some of the items were shipped while I was in Paris, and there are others that we will be shipping over the next few days to get everyone their purchases, please be patient with us, as I and my team work to get everyone their items and update with tracking info and delivery dates as requested. It is a little hectic here and we ask for your patience

FALL 2012 COLLECTION

a lot of our clients have been asking about our fall 2012 collection. we have decided not to release any images as yet because we have not shot our official look book as of date. the lookbook should be shot sometime this week and we will release the images soon. the collection themed "a second treatise on first propositions" is a continuation of some of the ideas we have explored over the last two seasons. it is the last collection in a study on certain philosophical and religious concepts by luminaries such as Marx, Hume, Hegel, Kant, Occam and other theological and philosophical luminaries in and around the enlightenment period...........So for the Spring 2013 season, we will take a radically new departure and approach to the work we have started

OTHER NEWS

There are several other noteworthy things we would like to make all our friends and clients aware of:
                It is no secret, that pants has been our biggest and most successful category of products, we make other nice things too, but for some strange reason we seem to sell more pants than any other category of products (with our cut and sew knits coming in a decent second and blazers doing very well last season) The Minimalist J jeans we created last season was an overwhelming success, with all stores that stocked it selling out, the Zfactorie selling out and some stores even making special orders for interested clients. it will be available for the Spring 2012 season again , along with a new jeans that we have developed.

Z-1 STANDARDS
                The new jeans is called "Z-1 Standards" and is intended to be a pants that is worn everyday until they fall apart.They are a very similar cut to to the Minimalist J Jeans, except the are slimmer, are not J shaped and has the traditional topstiching that comes with jeans, as the minimalist j jeans has no top stitching at all.
                there are two variations to this jeans, there is an overlocked and a non overlocked version.
                the Non overlocked version will be available for the Spring 2012 season and will be available exclusively through one of our SZ affiliates that will be announced soon or through Zfactorie.

the overlocked version will not be available until the fall 2012 season.

there are several other exiting things in the works, but we will reserve the announcements until things are confirmed and we can make formal announcements on those soon

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                  • Jan 2011

since the boss is too busy (don't stress, last time I talked to you I thought you were going to have an aneurysm!!)

you guys might be interested in checking out some new pics that are up for fw12?

(thunder stolen.)

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2011

the (new?) inner blazer looks great, missed out on last falls version

Comment

• IIIofSwords
                      • Feb 2012

Would Love To Stop By Zam

Zam,

Sent along a quick PM, if you are around NYC this week or next and have a few minutes (I know how rare those are as I run my own business too :)
                      I'd like to see your work first hand brotha.

Thanks!

Steve

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

Got my Overdye Painters Canvas DNA pants in today and the quality and cut is absolutely phenomenal, as everyone else here has described. Zam when above and beyond the call of duty to fulfill my order and I couldn't be happier

Edit: I shouldn't expect them to stretch much, should I? My hips are a more like a 45 and the pants are rather tight around there; I assume the painters canvas isn't anything like denim?

Comment

• Oasis
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                          Got my Overdye Painters Canvas DNA pants in today and the quality and cut is absolutely phenomenal, as everyone else here has described. Zam when above and beyond the call of duty to fulfill my order and I couldn't be happier

Edit: I shouldn't expect them to stretch much, should I? My hips are a more like a 45 and the pants are rather tight around there; I assume the painters canvas isn't anything like denim?
                          My Overdyed DNA's stretched out at the hips. They're 65% cotton / 35% linen. I got about an inch of overall stretch.
                          Originally posted by christianef
                          u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

The version of the jeans you got is the newer SS12 version, not much change in terms of cut but you received it in a specialized Fabric.

the fabric you got is the new SS12 weight painters canvas,
                            its slightly lighter and softer than the FW11 version, and is used for the minimalist j jeans and the new Z-1 standards

DNA jeans for Spring is coming in two other fabrications.......As for stretching out, yes it will stretch out a little and you should be happy as the jeans because of the slightly snug fit will mold to the contours of your body...

New goods are being made now along with filling custom orders and we will be making significant announcements between later today and tomorrow

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post

the canvas does stretch to some degree, actually working with this fabric is a very laborious process. We have to prewash/ preshrink the fabrics, by hot water washing it in industrial washers before we make the garments from it.
                            I must tell you that the first season working with this Fabric was a disaster, as we did not know how the fabric operated.

It was our first season going to Paris and we made the garments the day before we were supposed to leave.....I dyed the garments overnight and asked my brother to dry them the morning of the flight, because we were in a hurry, we dried them on high heat to speed up the process. After the came from the dryer, the had shrunken significantly and looked almost like children's clothes with bad proportions....

Anyways, I decided to take them with me on the trip because they were already a part of the line sheet, I embarrassingly showed them to a few stores and friends in explaining the style number error on the line sheet...........
                            Surprise! Surprise!, they were loved so much that every single store we showed them to ordered them.....they were such a hit that the buyer from John Bull (one of the most respected japanese denim and workwear brands) bought several pairs for himself and staff members, even though as a policy they do not buy denim from any other company as they produce their own.....(I will say more about John Bull Soon)

interesting to note that after the items were shipped, they were sold out in every store that bought them, and some store even had to lace special orders for clients who wanted them.

I think the interesting part of it all is that they are a very nice upgrade on traditional denim jeans, in that they basically serve the same purpose but without looking and feeling like "more of the same under another name".........
                            Last edited by zamb; 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                              My Overdyed DNA's stretched out at the hips. They're 65% cotton / 35% linen. I got about an inch of overall stretch.

there version of the jeans you got is the best iteration in terms of fabric,
                              the fabric you have was sourced in jamaica. I actually went back two weeks ago to order more from the supplier but they had no more in stock. Luckily for me I have two pairs of the one you have in grey and black ......
                              however from them we got some really interesting fabrics for the SS12 season and beyond. I got a really great textured canvas that the new Z-1 standards will be produced from.
                              this Store in Jamaica brought me into there warehouse and suddenly I wish I was rich!!!!$$$

they have walls and walls of natural fibres from the 1970-1990's thats almost like fabric heaven......
                              I brought back three suitcases of fabrics with me and have an entire room full in jamaica that I am trying to figure out how to ship here to Zfactorie

on another note here is a small update of what is coming for the SS12 season,
                              bear in mind that this is for Spring only, and there will be another batch of items coming in may for Summer:

Asymmetric Lapel Coat..........In Heavy Linen/ Cotton blend

Asymmetric Lapel Inner Leather Jacket.....in an ultra soft matte lamb leather

Classic Slim Blazer..........2 Versions.....100% Wool and 100% Linen

Magic Penny Shirt...........(same concept/ new cut and constriction)

Asymmetric Double front Shirt............(Black and White)

Long Sleeve Raglan Pullover ..........Several Colors

Long Sleeve Echadh Seam top.......Several Colors

Lightweight Henriksson Hoodie..........three Colors - Black/ Grey/ Green

Overdyed DNA jeans ..........Two fabric choices for Spring

Minimalist J Jeans............Two Fabric Choices

Minimalist DNA Pant...........Overdyed Heavy Linen

Z-1 Standards ...........New Beater jeans to be worn till they fall apart

Three Legged Mutant Shorts..............Limited run of these

Accessories

Large Zipper Tote Bag

Shoulder Strap Siamese Bag

Bison leather "Polis" Bag

Buffalo leather Leather "Polis" Laptop bag

Belts...........Several Choices

Linen on Linen Large Scarf

Silk and Cotton Textured Scarf

textured Wool Long Scarf
                              Last edited by zamb; 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Spring Summer 2012
                                "
                                On natural Selection"

Studio Stock Items

Henriksson hooded tops
                                Grey // Black// Dark green

Asymmetric Lapel Coat
                                // Black//

Asymmetric Double Front Shirt
                                //Black// White//

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎