Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wurm
    • Nov 2010

thanks for the response zam. was everything i wanted to hear! once the code issue is resolved i'm determined to place an order. belt is quite something...i might have to get an s/s one down the road though heh.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Just a quick announcement that as per the request of many the FW60 code has been extended and a few sold out sizes of items have been listed, not a lot but just some items that were here in the Factorie that we could have updated the site with.

A second update will be made tomorrow so that the site reflects more accurately what is available

as for New Spring Summer 2013 items,
      We should be ready with a lot of new items later in this Month.

Also, we have added a New team member that will be dealing exclusively with shipping, tacking and general customer service issues. we hope that this will resolve many of the delays in replies and processing of orders as we look to offer all our clients and fans a first rate experience.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

-----SPRING SUMMER 2013-----

Well, hello to All.

Spring is officially here and we have been very busy, but just a few updates to keep you up to date of what is going on.

All the stores that will be carrying Zam Barrett items for the Spring 2013 season have either received their items by now or the items are en route to them.
        Below is a list of stores that will be carrying items for the Spring 2013 Season.

Ink............................................... . Hong Kong, China
        Ink............................................... .Beijing, China
        Layers........................................... London, UK
        Orimono.........................................Be rlin,Germany
        Void ..............................................Pari s, France
        John Bull Private Labo...................... Japan
        Boutique W.....................................Tokyo, Japan
        AL Select........................................Toky o, Japan
        Objekt............................................ South Korea
        Zfactorie........................................B rooklyn/ Online

Zfactorie Web store items will be available in early April, as we are in the process of making new goods with some items finished already and we will begin to upload new items at the end of week and continue to upload new items until the full offering of items for the season is available.
        There will be a lot of classics along with some new and interesting items in all product categories.

While this is being done, we have extended the FW60 coupon code for those who are interested in taking advantage of what remains from the FW12 offerings that are still on the site.

Here are a few items that are available in some stores. please check with the store in your area to get a better understanding of what they have.

Overlocked DNA jeans in Maroon.
        Also available in Black, Grey and Combat Green

One Shoulder Sling Bag
        In grey, Also in Maroon, Black,
        (and Linen and leather Exclusively and INK HK)

Reverse Seam Linen Blazer
        Made from a vintage linen that is Over 40 years old

Available exclusively at Layers London

Linen "Weightless" Blazer

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Blazers look great, Zam!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Blazers look great, Zam!

indeed Sir!

Spring 2013 Continued

Overlocked DNA in Maroon

Overlocked DNA in Combat Green

High Neck Minimalist Leather Jacket

Long Sleeve Faulted Shoulder in Semi Sheer Cotton

"Weightless" Blazer

Short Sleeve Echadh Seam

Comment

• Arcane
              • Jul 2008

I've always liked your stuff Zam and I think your approach is admirable. However, I really think your clothes would benefit greatly from better photos, both style and detail.

Just a little though. Keep the hard work up.
              Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                I've always liked your stuff Zam and I think your approach is admirable. However, I really think your clothes would benefit greatly from better photos, both style and detail.

Just a little though. Keep the hard work up.
                Arcane,

I thank you very much for your kind words, I appreciate them very much.
                Our company over the last season, beginning with FW12, has been going through a slow, methodical and systematic overhaul of all aspects of what we do.
                If you happen to handle our work in person, there is a significant improvement in the fit, the quality of the fabrications, the packaging of the products and many other aspects of what we do.
                All of this process is a deliberate effort in getting to a point where I and my team are satisfied with our output of both the products we make and the imaging representing these items.

The specific issue you raised will be addressed in the near future so you can look out for that

thanks again
                ZB

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                  • Nov 2007

I don't know about this, I like the photos Zam does. The last batch to me clearly highlight key design details in the pieces, and more importantly they are current and viewable by the membership in a manner that few other designers on SZ, or otherwise, make available. I mean let's face it, the number of images put out, let alone put up, by most SZ-listed designers is just about nil.

What few images there are put up are either:

a. ancient lookbook stuff,
                  b. editorial (few and far betweens)
                  c. piles of amateur classified photos of pieces people are trying to sell,
                  d. or worse yet online web store images shot by retailers with about as much eye talent and taste as Ron Popeil...

...almost all of it no less grainy or non-professionally lit or shot than your images Zam. The difference is the content you are showing is the real day to day design work you are doing, which I used to think this forum was supposed to be all about...

re: T - H - E - D - E - S - I - G - N

And I mean that in a working manner by true artisans. Hands on. Down and dirty. So I think your photos are fine in this respect, and exemplify the real hands-on, honest, utilitarian nature of so much of your fine and hard work for which you are getting more and more known (and successful) for.

And in this genre, I would include Albert's (chinorlz) most recent SZ image post on his thread as well showing his beautifully made new leather piece... http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...5&postcount=17

Meanwhile, I would caution about getting sidetracked into spending time and money that could be invested in other things perhaps far more important than trying to get slicker photography and imagery. For that, we might as well all toss in the towel and go kiss the reboot at Nicola Formichetti's Diesel. And that goes for Carol, Maurizio (both of them), me, Paul, you and all the rest for crying out loud… I mean, does anybody here remember the kind of photos Martin and his original people (not the Diesel brigades of the past decade please) were putting out about their work? And do you remember the work?!!! How about Helmut Lang's images when he was kicking ass 20 years ago? And look what the slicksters have done to both of their work in the past 10 years. Total ruination. The minute SZ has to go to slick photos to please viewers, instead of dealing directly with the real hard core design, presentation and discussion of serious work by serious working artists, I for one, am out of here. I can get that crap at Vogue, the cools, or a myriad of other phony, corporate, idiot fashion blogs and sites online, thank you very much. When was the last time any of us had to have a slick photo of CD, AD, GBS, CCP, PH, LUC, FDE, LEU,YY, CDG, A1923, MA+, IS, ML, IA, ED, DD or any other friggin' XYZ to merit real design work seriously? Hello... it's not the photos. It's the stuff... that counts.

So, like Joe Perry said, "Let the music do the talking."

And a real hands on working designer simply does not, and more than likely, should not, have the time to waste trying to be a slick image maker.

If you want that, you need to become a different kind of operator and let someone else do the real design work while you go work on the "image thing" and then while you're at it, you can start whoring it out for the press coverage at the same time. Sure, you may be still be giving the orders (I believe the term is called "artistic direction"), but it ain't gonna be your hands on the work anymore. And that, for anybody that really knows, is pretty damn important. God knows, we've got enough 'fashion DJ's" out there already to last us through the next millenium ad nauseum.

So for those who "respect what Zam does," this should be reflected upon carefully. Because at the moment, I believe his photos are a direct part of what he does already. And what he does, including giving all of us a view of so much of his work on a consistent and timely basis, is a very special thing indeed.

And designers that don't have a finger on anything they they "copy, paste and slap" their overhyped-up name or logos on with plenty of super-slick and very expensive imagery (usually paid-for and/or arranged by others with an interest directly related to the designer's lack of independence).... are a dime-a-dozen these days.

But I can tell you all that the number of people that can do what Zam Barrett does in this industry you can count on your ten fingers. So, if Zam wants to show me his work in a simple, efficient and no-frills direct manner on real people around him, so be it. I am honored by the the opportunity, humiiity and generosity of the artist, as I believe we all should be here on SZ.

Or perhaps we would all prefer to see nothing from the "artists" themselves like so many other designers are doing these days (and laughing at us while they are it) - as we feast ourselves on their measly a,b,c and d type image crumbs are available like I mentioned above…

The pictures are more than fine Zam, indeed they are unique and authentically true to your work and ethic. 'It is what it is' as they say, and there are those of us that appreciate them whenever you can find the time, energy and generosity of posting them as you do. Please do keep it up.

At the same time, Arcane, I have viewed your images of houses on the edges of Denmark...

and think they are beautiful. So I would be psyched to see a collaboration between you and Zam, like Arto did awhile back, and would strongly suggest you do a photo essay with him and his work sometime soon. I would love to see it, and am sure others would too. I think it would be good for the SZ community to see some proactive action taking place instead of just the usual passive critique and then nothingness afterwards.

Talk is easy. Getting the work out and up on the board is what counts. And that is what Zam has been, and is continuing to do, consistently.

Cheers to both of you thanks for your reading and kind consideration,

Geoffrey

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Geoffrey,

All I can say is a million thanks to you
                    you have been a friend and a blessing in so many different ways. and if there is any one I'd take advice from, it is definitely you Sir!
                    And indeed, while we strive to improve in so many different areas, we will never lose sight of the most important thing, Making the best product we can, and that is first and foremost in all that we do. After all, we dont sell pictures, we sell clothing, and those who have come to know our work on a intimate basis are always supportive and appreciate the level of craftsmanship and attention given to the products themselves.

that being said, we are striving for excellence in all that we do, so if we can afford to take better photographs of the products, then sure, so long as it does not take away from making the best product we can.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

----1.25 INCH HANDMADE STEEL BUCKLE BELT---

Contrast side
                      Side A: 100% Horse Cordovan - Black
                      Side B: 100% Cowhide - Red

100% Cowhide - Grey

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

More................
                        One shoulder Sling Bag in Bison

Classic Siamese In Bison

Linen Scarf,

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Siamese Belt in Combat Green
                          (Green with hints of black/ Grey)

Slim Belt in Combat Green

11.25" Handmade steel Buckle Belt
                          Black/ Combat Green / Black Horse- Red Cowhide

Comment

• kavaj
                            • Sep 2006

Now that's some serious leather accessories

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kavaj View Post
                              Now that's some serious leather accessories

Kavaj,

thank you very much for your kind words

accessories have been a pretty good category for us, belt/ scarves and bags in particular........

there is a lot of items this season, as we continue to refine and to expand on our offerings. The handmade buckle belt has been great so far.

For this Season it is available in three choices

1. Black Cowhide
                              2. Combat green Cowhide
                              3. Red/ Black reversible Combo, with the black potion being Horsehide and the red portion being Cowhide.

Originally it was not reversible, bot now we redesigned it so that it comes with a stud closure that makes the belt wearable on both sides.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Also

been getting a number of PM and request about products
                                but just to clarify a few things.

1. All items for sale during the SS13 season will be listen on the web store.
                                2. Almost all items are ready now and some are listed already in the pants/ tops outerwear categories with the remainder of items to be listed this upcoming week
                                3. there will be again an SZ member discount for which a coupon code will be created, but I interested members will have to PM me for that
                                4. A complete sales, shipping and return policy will be posted on the site so that there are no discrepancies or misunderstandings regarding purchases
                                5. We have hired someone who worked three days per week to deal with shipping/ tracking and whatever issues you may have with an order so please feel free to utilize this method in checking in on a purchase.

Double Front Raglan Top/ Reversible 1.25" Buckle Belt/ Red Siamese Bag

Combat Green Faulted Shoulder/ Combat Green Linen Large Scarf/ Combat Green 1.25" Belt Buffalo Siamese Bag/ Overdyed Zero Jeans

Black - Grey Reversible B(e)enie / Black faulted shoulder / Combat Green Slim Belt

Black - Grey Reversible B(e)enie/ Black Linen Large Scarf/ Black 1.25 inch Buckle Belt

Last edited by zamb; 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎