Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1335

Thread: Zam Barrett Dialogue

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    As far as I am concerned, I have told this fellow what I will do and he has not listened, now I might not even do that because I will not take a loss for someone who wants to maliciously slander my name thinking it can be used as a means to get me to cave to demands.
    I cannot be bullied or intimidated.
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but this seems to be some Darklands style business practice. If you've come to a resolution with him, honor it. Don't back out of it because he posted negative reviews about your business online. You can't say "I'll keep your money if you air your grievances." I like your work, and I've bought things from you before, but this kind of thought process really makes me reticent to do in the future.

That zip-sleeve sweater and leather jacket look kinda cool, but how much can you raise your arms in them?

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    That zip-sleeve sweater and leather jacket look kinda cool, but how much can you raise your arms in them?
    when the Zipper is opened it does not restrict the item at all. they are actually 2 way zippers so when unzipped the sleeves are completely separated from the bodice and they are as functional as any garment without them.
    if we design an item and the concept overrides the usefulness of the garment, we'd rather not produce it.

HIGH NECK FAULTED SHOULDER

INSERT FLY MILITIA PANTS

PERFORATED "PSYCHE" SHIRT

DESERT SAND PIPED LINEN SCARF

"WEIGHTLESS" DNA JEANS

ZIPPED FACE HOODED TOP

oh wow. the geometry in the zipped arms and what the zippers potentially can do (or not, if you intent to) to your posture, is fantastic. very, very poetic and thoughtful.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsamxo View Post
    As someone who doesn't own any Zam yet, but plans on it - how is the quality? I love that he connects with the Forum, but is the material worth it? From construction to production - just hoping to hear from people who own items from this brand.

you are in NYC.

why dont you make an appointment to come to Zfactorie and see for yourself.

you are in NYC.

why dont you make an appointment to come to Zfactorie and see for yourself.
    Just sent you a private message Zam! Thank you so much!

As someone who has bought a number of items from Zam - ranging from the DNA pants (which have been worn to death, incredibly comfortable) to the Henricksson hoody which has been my literal staple go to - the quality is absolutely brilliant, and the materials a delight. The dying processes give them a depth that gets better with age and the occasional wash, and most of all the cuts and the piecing together (I am thinking the Tripanel pants) are exceptional. Comparing designers never really makes sense, they all speak from their own conditions of becoming (some of which one connects with, others one does not), but Zam's work and approach are certainly engaging.

Unfortunately being London based I don't get to see the 'factory' - and with Trump ruling the roost that wont be happening in the next four years. In the meantime Zam keep at it!

As someone who doesn't own any Zam yet, but plans on it - how is the quality? I love that he connects with the Forum, but is the material worth it? From construction to production - just hoping to hear from people who own items from this brand.
    Like Zam said, Since you live in NYC, you have the option of visiting his studio and seeing the stuff in person. I own a couple of items as well (DNA jeans, Razor Coat, and 3/4 Drop Crotch Suspender pants to name a few). In short, the garments are worth the money and will last you a long time (I've worn my DNA's to hell with no major damage to them so far). Pictures don't do ZamB's clothes complete Justice. By handling the clothes yourself, you can see that he and his team put a lot of work into the construction and detail of the garments which you can appreciate every time you wear it.
    "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by NOHSAD View Post
    Like Zam said, Since you live in NYC, you have the option of visiting his studio and seeing the stuff in person. I own a couple of items as well (DNA jeans, Razor Coat, and 3/4 Drop Crotch Suspender pants to name a few). In short, the garments are worth the money and will last you a long time (I've worn my DNA's to hell with no major damage to them so far). Pictures don't do ZamB's clothes complete Justice. By handling the clothes yourself, you can see that he and his team put a lot of work into the construction and detail of the garments which you can appreciate every time you wear it.
    Thank you for the response! The bottoms are what really have drawn my attention - absolutely inlove with the shape of the DNA jeans, so hoping I get to visit the studio! Thank you again.

Thanks to everyone frm Radio Aktivitat, to Chiawallah and Nosad.

Good to know everyone is loving their products and its serving them well.

@GoldSamxo, we will message you soon to coordinate a vist to Zfactorie

Zfactorie was down the last 24 hours dealing with some maintenance and technical issues

The Site is back up now and fully operational www.shop.zambarrett.com

Well guys - I did it! I was looking for a new 'beater' pair of pants for college, and to just hangout in, and I found the Overlock Z-1 Standards in Black and bit! Love overlocked seams & love black so I couldn't resist! Can't wait, thank you Zam & the SZ forum for enticing me!

Zfactorie was down the last 24 hours dealing with some maintenance and technical issues

The Site is back up now and fully operational www.shop.zambarrett.com

Is there a problem with your email? Is this why you haven't responded to me for the last two days?

Also was your paypal down as well? I still haven't received the refund you promised for the 25th. Let me know what the issue is Zam.

Well guys - I did it! I was looking for a new 'beater' pair of pants for college, and to just hangout in, and I found the Overlock Z-1 Standards in Black and bit! Love overlocked seams & love black so I couldn't resist! Can't wait, thank you Zam & the SZ forum for enticing me!
    I just got a pair of Z1 standards as well but unfortunately they're just a bit too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbermax View Post
    I just got a pair of Z1 standards as well but unfortunately they're just a bit too tight.
    I think I should be good because I have slim legs, and I do enjoy very tight pants (I never grew out of my emo stage), so I'm thinking I should be good. If not I live in NYC so I can probably easily get in contact w/ Zam if anything bad happens :)

I think I should be good because I have slim legs, and I do enjoy very tight pants (I never grew out of my emo stage), so I'm thinking I should be good. If not I live in NYC so I can probably easily get in contact w/ Zam if anything bad happens :)

there will be a new Z-1 in two different fabrics: A coated/ crushed lightweight poplin. another will be a lightweight textured cotton with a slight stretch
    they certainly will not be as price friendly as this last one. that was a deal of a lifetime that came through special circumstances.