Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Zam Barrett Dialogue

I was going to make the trip to NY before I realized your show is on one of the few days I have class. Congratulations on getting back into it! I'm sure it's great. I'll be supporting in spirit.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by BBSCCP View Post
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Good luck Zamb

I am sure everything will fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    Congratulations Zam! I look forward to seeing photos of your collection!
    thanks my friend, and no worries, you won't need pics, you will certainly have a chance to see this collection in person...............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by SombreResplendence View Post
    I was going to make the trip to NY before I realized your show is on one of the few days I have class. Congratulations on getting back into it! I'm sure it's great. I'll be supporting in spirit.
    It would've been great if you could come, some things in the collection you would definitely be able to relate to as mu countryman.........

Quote Originally Posted by CUTUP View Post
    Good luck Zamb

I am sure everything will fall into place.
    I really hope so, still have a lot to do, but some help should be coming in tomorrow and Tuesday...............

Anyone see Zam's collection today? I wish I had been able to make it down to NYC for it. I'm anxious to hear some feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by hausofblaq View Post
    Grow up.

Was lucky enough to be able to make it to Zam's show this evening and was absolutely blown away with the materials, construction and the incredible creativity that went in each piece. No fillers in this collection. Every piece stands out and stands apart yet continues to be distinctly Zam in essence!

Support this man and his work. As many have already discovered here, this is some really timeless work with absolutely amazing attention to detail and construction.

Good to meet fellow SZers at the show as well as (finally!) Mrs. Zam and the upcoming babyZam!!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Good to meet fellow SZers at the show as well as (finally!) Mrs. Zam and the upcoming babyZam!!
    congrats Z!!!

Congratulations Zam. You definitely go one step further with a baby for SS2011.

Absolutely cosign with Albert's statement. I was very impressed, and everything fit me absolutely perfectly. I will be placing a personal order for sure.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

^ dude, where are the pics
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

thanks to everyone who came out to the event last night, it was great seeing the guys and sharing my work with you all.
    It was a pleasure to walk around, go through an explain the ideas and inspiration behind the pieces to you all, it was a great experience to have you guys try the Clothes on and experience the pieces in terms of cut, construction, fit etc............

Be patient with me as I am extremely overworked and had too much wine/ champagne to drink last night.......

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    ^ dude, where are the pics
    Arto, no worries man Scott was there last night and he took a whole bunch of photographs, some of which will certainly be making their way to you.
    there will also be in a few days, a lookbook shoot, with the clothing being shot on a body, so as soon as i do that, you will be getting another set of images also.

For anyone who still wants to see the Clothes in person, an appointment can be made to visit the Studio and view the work.

thanks again to everyone.............
    Blessings
    ZB

just to be clear I was bugging Faust, not you ;)

but glad to hear that there'll be photos soon!
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    just to be clear I was bugging Faust, not you ;)

but glad to hear that there'll be photos soon!
    I know man, I know, but its important for me to get the images out............hence my reply

yeah looking forward to them as well! sound like the show was a success. And congrats to the upcoming kid!

Default lookbook

Zamb,

Really looking forward to the lookbook man - and hopefully placing an order!

peace

Congratulations, Zam. I'm also looking forward the seeing pics of the collection!
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Zam, I was so happy I made it to your presentation because I was rather blown away–not only by the level of quality & skill you bring to the (pattern-making) table, but with how much clear passion for the craft is imbued in every thoughtful piece. It was really quite special.

And yes, everything did fit Faust like the proverbial glove. Like I told ya, E –you could've been the damn fit model from what I saw. ;) Looks like you found your supermodel for that look book, Zam

BTW, the hanging leather jacket = perfection. Observe:

Last edited by interest1; 09-16-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    sain't

sorry i didn't make it, was stuck at the office late.

and good lord, that jacket is gorgeous.

That jacket does look great. Congrats zam! I am looking forward to the lookbook as well

thanks to everyone for their Kind words, they are all greatly appreciated. its been a long, tiresome day, so forgive me if I dont reply to everyone personally.......

M, it was a pleasure having you there, would've love to be able to hang out a bit more, you also got the ultimate compliment from my wife as she said you would be the perfect model for my work...........the black coat you tried looked great on you, even at three sizes too big!!!
    I will certainly keep the pic Jedda took of you in it!

Here are a few images for now,
    Must thank sbw4224 personally as he was the person who took these photos.............

PICS UP AND NEW SS 2011 COLLECTION STARTED

thanks
    Blessings
    ZB
    Last edited by zamb; 09-19-2010 at 11:16 AM.