• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Alexandre Plokhov S/S 13 - New York

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Fantastic show. Even with these shitty photos. Makes me wish lowrey was here!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkart
            • Jun 2011

This collection is extremely great...some BBS style i found from this collection. In total, this collection is awesome ...boots are so nice makes me wanna buy them instantly and those shorts are attractive as well styling of this collection is just perfect

Comment

• TheThief
              • Mar 2011

Great looking collection. It took a few seasons but I think Mr.Cloak is getting back to form, and doing so without reverting to his old playbook.

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

Looks like BBS with a hint of Julius... And there's nothing inspiring or even remotely original about it. I must say I'm not even disappointed anymore, considering how shit everything he's done so far has been, with the exception of last winter's styling.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• TheThief
                  • Mar 2011

Well, now we've reached the multiple-layer derivation enigma. Like an imitative gordian knot. The apocalypse has truly begun.

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                    • Jan 2012

I don't see a resemblance to Julius or BBS, at all. Maybe a little in the makeup or tonal ensembles but other than that, this looks entirely like Plokhov.
                    I'm really digging this and definitely agree with this probably being his best showing since coming back on the scene. The slightly polished, dark aesthetic is a great progression from where I thought Cloak could have gone had it stayed around.
                    I have to say though, Plokhov seems to have a really sharp eye. His editing, especially this time around, is perfect. He has the perfect number of looks and the way they evolve down the runway is great in my opinion. It's one NYFW show that doesn't seem so overwrought.

Comment

• michael_kard
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                      Well, now we've reached the multiple-layer derivation enigma. Like an imitative gordian knot. The apocalypse has truly begun.
                      I'm no BBS expert, but this instantly reminded me of his work. Anyway, if you are capable of looking at the same thing every season and be satisfied with what you see, more power to you! Personally I'm tired of this 'redundantization' of the SZ style, and most collections feel more and more identical to each other nowadays, distressed leathers and sheer knits notwithstanding. I always found tailoring to be Plokhov's strongest suit, and I feel genuinely sorry that he has to expend his talent on rectangular lapels, zips and other designer gimmicks.
                      Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

This collection is not bad at all. I got the same feeling about the resemblance with BBS.
                        In all case, I have a crush for 4th outfit from the bottom.

Comment

• TheThief
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                          I'm no BBS expert, but this instantly reminded me of his work. Anyway, if you are capable of looking at the same thing every season and be satisfied with what you see, more power to you! Personally I'm tired of this 'redundantization' of the SZ style, and most collections feel more and more identical to each other nowadays, distressed leathers and sheer knits notwithstanding. I always found tailoring to be Plokhov's strongest suit, and I feel genuinely sorry that he has to expend his talent on rectangular lapels, zips and other designer gimmicks.
                          Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion however I think many people suffer from derivative turrets where, without seeing the clothes in person, they immediately write something off as being a derivation. And now youre basically saying something is derivative of something else you think is derivative. "Strong tailoring" is such a vague term, especially when you havent seen the clothing or tried it on for that matter. If he put a bunch of sharp jackets down the runway people would be accusing him of falling back on his laurels. You cant say you want to see a fresh perspective in one breathe and use the next to say people should stick to what they're best at.

For AKA (if he's reading): Is this is an example of the "Bloom hypothesis", we previously discussed, taking place?
                          Last edited by TheThief; 09-10-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                            • Sep 2010

Might just be the sample sizes on the models, but the tailoring looks off.

I'm with MK on the unnecessary detailing.

I wouldn't call it derivative, just not very engaging.

Still better than the Joe90 shite from the recent collection.
                            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by merz
                              well, you know something's amiss when michael kard is given free reign through sheer, overwhelming apathy. recalibrating one's expectations a few notches down is proving difficult.
                              I merely stated how I feel about this collection; I think it's a bit sad that you consider this a case of being given free reign. I strongly recommend that you add me to your ignore list instead of criticizing something pertaining to me every time I post.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎