Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackdeath
    • Apr 2016

i have found RO soles to be pretty sturdy even for city usage, i walk everywhere every day. i will normally just put a heel tap on them, havent had to vibram any of them so far.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I tried heel taps once and couldn't deal with the clicking, I'll just shoe goo them when they wear down.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Halibut
        • Sep 2014

Label Under Construction and a few others make pieces using 'angola wool'
        reference: https://www.grailed.com/listings/111...la-Wool-Gloves
        Is this just a poor translation from Japanese of angora or is there some weird blend or animal I'm not familialr with?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
          Label Under Construction and a few others make pieces using 'angola wool'
          reference: https://www.grailed.com/listings/111...la-Wool-Gloves
          Is this just a poor translation from Japanese of angora or is there some weird blend or animal I'm not familialr with?
          The seller probably didn't bother to correct the autocorrect.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Halibut
            • Sep 2014

Thanks, Faust. I've seen the term used a handful of times outside of the example I provided, which is why I was confused. I'll chalk it up to typos.

Next question. Can anyone identify this leather type? I'm not familiar with that stippled look.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
              Thanks, Faust. I've seen the term used a handful of times outside of the example I provided, which is why I was confused. I'll chalk it up to typos.

Next question. Can anyone identify this leather type? I'm not familiar with that stippled look.
              [/IMG]
              Don't think it's Ostrich, could it be the leather treatment?

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

Pig?___

Comment

• derpington
                  • Oct 2009

It looks like pig leather to me as well. Ostrich has large round bumps from the quills, whereas pig is smooth and has a bunch of regularly spaced small pores that those boots.

Comment

• Halibut
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                    Pig?___
                    Originally posted by derpington
                    It looks like pig leather to me as well
                    Thanks. I was always under the impression that pig leather had a tighter grain, though I haven't really had much experience with it.

Comment

• vah
                      • Aug 2016

So, maybe not right thread to post here, but got a parcel delivered to my home address with DHL from SSENSE on Thursday while I was away. Knew though that my flatmate was home so he could receive it. Checked proof of delivery, signature said "By the door" and instantly got a bit suspicious. Our apartment building has two entrances that lead to different flats - one on the "main" road and another one on a side road, which is where my flat is - and the courier must have buzzed a random flat at the main entrance (I live in #3, the main entrance does not have a #3), got in, handed the parcel off to somebody and called it a day.
                      Contacted DHL about this but no progress yet on their end. I've also left a note at the other door, and knocked on some neighbours doors but no dice.
                      This should be a valid claim for reimbursement, no?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

others have said it already but that's definitely pig.......
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                          • Jul 2013

Who does a sort of... espadrille-esque leather slip on with a heel?

Previous main contender: Guidi x Siki IM

Moto 1645 is pretty good. Better heel but not sure about the heel tab + contrasting crepe sole

Could always add a heel to the Guidi 27E... but eh.

Thanks!

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                            Who does a sort of... espadrille-esque leather slip on with a heel?

Previous main contender: Guidi x Siki IM

Moto 1645 is pretty good. Better heel but not sure about the heel tab + contrasting crepe sole

Could always add a heel to the Guidi 27E... but eh.

Thanks!
                            I've been wanting something like this for ages, just have no idea what I would them with, I'd be curious to hear about this... Tapered lightweight pants?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Alright, American Apparel have gone into administration everywhere outside of the US. So far so good. But where on earth am I going to get my knee high black socks now??? Short of getting them proxied from North America. Please make suggestions. I am down to my last 4 pairs.
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• derpington
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Alright, American Apparel have gone into administration everywhere outside of the US. So far so good. But where on earth am I going to get my knee high black socks now??? Short of getting them proxied from North America. Please make suggestions. I am down to my last 4 pairs.
                                You could get them from Zam for only slightly more expensive than AA with the upside of additionally not having to support a sexist company like AA.

http://shop.zambarrett.com/accessori...d-scarf-maroon (Yes that is the correct link. I don't know why it states a different item in the URL)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎