X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Magic1 View Post
    zam, you got some more interns? Not as good as your last though, right?
    the professor of Fabric coloration and double face fabric development is different from the Dean of pattern making and grading
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
      • Oct 2010

BRING ME THE HEAD OF AN OLSEN TWIN

Actually, I'd be curious to see the photo. No need to pollute the thread with the pic however - you can send it to me privately. Off the record and all that.

Zamb, I need some of your positive happy pill.

Magic1 - the shirt you see peeking out are the pockets of the blazer - hence "the pocket blazer" appellation. Thanks y'all! And no thanks to the old fart, Mail-Moth.

edit: just saw the photo. Personally, I'm happy for Carol. Now he has two female clients.

MBD
      "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
      It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
      My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Chant
        Banned
        • Jun 2008

This thread needs more good styling.

Comment

• mike
          • Dec 2006

hof...

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

i think boho is when one manages to make something expensive look cheap

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Bohemianism is the practice of an unconventional lifestyle, often in the company of like-minded people, with few permanent ties, involving musical, artistic or literary pursuits. In this context, Bohemians can be wanderers, adventurers, or vagabonds.
              The term has become associated with various artistic or academic communities and is used as a generalized adjective describing such people, environs, or situations: bohemian (boho—informal) is defined in The American College Dictionary as "a person with artistic or intellectual tendencies, who lives and acts with no regard for conventional rules of behavior."
              oh god, stylezeitgeist is boho-chic

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

in defense of the olsens, I think they genuinely like fashion, have their own style and don't necessarily conform to the 'of the moment trend" just to be relevant,

i think Faust was a classmate of one of them at NYU
                maybe he can hook me up on a CCP rubberband boot date
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

The word "eclectic" should go the way of "fashionista"
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• christianef
                    • Feb 2009

not sure the ladder looks all that much better

but just being a C and picking on C ;)

Comment

• CHRIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2006

personally I HATE 'complete' looks. i don't think ive ever worn any designer head to toe. it looks great on some people but I feel like I always need to break it up somehow. high/low, masculine/feminine, sporty/sinister, whatever the fuck

it definitely isn't some kind of 'forced eclecticism', rather some kind of natural... dissonance (which rears its head in many realms of my life). i know what i like and i know what i don't like, but one preference shouldn't impart any influence on the other

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        The word "eclectic" should go the way of "fashionista"
                        i called rider eclectic (it was meant to be a term of endearment)...am i supposed to take it back now? i don't think eclectic has to be a bad thing (as in russian) although certainly it is going to be a lot easier to pull off personal style when it's more coherent, cohesive, predictable, or whatever. i'd prefer to think of eclectic as something perhaps unpredictable, or not easily categorized. but i wouldn't call those pics of mary-kate eclectic so much as just random.
                        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by merz
                          whatever made you think i was referring to 'complete looks' at any rate? your high/low bit made me throw up in my mouth just a little. the care and planning that goes into the natural dissonance of appearing to invest no care or planning, to look like one's closet vomited all over them.
                          i don't know. i'm not a woman, so perhaps these sorts of things are alien to me. but things have to look cool - yes, i know this is a bit subjective - and that just doesn't. it takes objects of beauty (which are only half-realised when looked at individually) and diminishes them in the name of faked nonchalance. the kind that, whatever its origins might be, doesn't appear remotely natural. yeah, alright.

edit: i'm forced into a sort of uncomfortable admission of perhaps being a romantic after all, in that i believe in certain, absolute beauty. i accept that it is not seen by everyone, but some confluence of shapes and textures, in clothes, in anything, nears what i imagine religious experience to be like. i can't deny that. though maybe wearing the same clothes, they only look self-consciously haphazard. its fucking godawful.
                          it's not that i purposely want to look as if i just threw a bunch of random shit on. it just so happens that if i were to slip into a rick tank, throw on some daiper shorts and step into a pair of his dunks i'd probably throw up in my MIND

i like to have fun with my outfits. just because we like a similar set of designers doesn't mean we need to subscribe to the same style philosophy. evidently i'm just able to find beauty in places you can't.

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

was it in the classifieds?

i don't understand why a lack of total coherence has to fall to pretense? is it totally incomprehensible for someone to just PREFER a certain level of... incompatibility?

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

uh oh chris classifieds vs merz will be modeling mbds mary kate outfit on ebay in a minute

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Embrace the chaos y'all.

music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎