Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

I'm highly anticipating playing re6 but from what I've read it's a pretty generic albeit shitty cover based shooter that completely negates the series horror routes. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it but it seems comparatively generic when held against the older generations.
    Dishonored seems to have a lot of interesting features but I don't know enough to really flush out my point here. The skill trees are fairly free form from what I gather and as well there are many ways of completing each mission based on your build / play style. It reminds me of Deus Ex in a lot of ways which really sparks my interest.

Good news though... they released the psone version of Re3 Nemesis for ye old Vita so I'll be reliving that wonderful game once more.
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• gnow
      • Jun 2010

guardian cross

anyone playing guardian cross on ipad/iphone? add me in game at gnow (small g)

Comment

• thinbuddha
        • Jul 2011

How's Resident Evil 6? Looking to download the demo soon.

Comment

• drizzly
          Banned
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
          How's Resident Evil 6? Looking to download the demo soon.
          bad reviews on ign, demo was cool, felt like re5, i frankly get bored of it

Comment

• gotoid
            • Sep 2012

Just replay resident evil 1, either original pc version or even the wii remake.
            What a legendary game. I love the RE series up to 3. After that not really.
            Oh and dont forget Code Veronica

Comment

• Zenith
              • Jun 2009

Finished Leon's campaign. In the middle/near the end of of Chris's campaign. In a nutshell game so far is frustrating, clunky and all in all, tired and played out. RE5 was much better than this. Unless the last two campaigns happen to get exponentially better, game deserves all the backlash it gets. Considering the supposed build and budget that went into the game, to call it anything but embarrassing is an understatement. Especially the second campaign, the action system is so amateur and second rate I'm baffled this is capcom's attempt to appeal to a GOW demographic, especially when the later's system is much older and just superior in just about every way.

I can expand on these thoughts, but I'll pick specific examples when I finish the game completely (and there are parts which I actually like). The game is NOTHING like RE4, everything that made RE4 so fun has been completely stripped away.

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

@zenith
                pretty much what I expected to hear... no offence to Volta but he seems to be blinded by fanboy-ism. I'll still try the game of course but I can't imagine it holding it's own in the shadows of the past generations.... It's been a steady decline it seems.
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

The sad thing is, there are so many ways that RE6 could have been great, I'm not saying being that fresh flash of genius RE4 was, but it could have easily been up to par/better than 5. Capcom really didn't playtest this game enough, or care enough to realize how poor their mechanics were for what they were trying to achieve. I commend them for making this probably the longest RE game ever though. In terms of content and length the game's productions values shine through. The gameplay however, simply isn't up to snuff. It's clunkly and all over the place. People disliked RE5, but at least the game was consistent, it had a pace and rhythm that was easy to adjust to, it just wasn't the evolution that RE4 was. In fact I'd echo Volta's statement about RE4 being the template that was expanded upon, except I'd apply to RE5, not 6 . Here You have 3 types of scenario in this game (not gotten to the fourth yet, so I'll admit if my views are shortsighted) and the game fails at all three. It can't do any of it's playstyles competently.

I will try and refrain from too much analysis, and I will happily retract my statements if the 3rd and final campaign turn out to better thought out and implemented.

EDIT: since we are talking about dishonoured, the concept of finishing an assassin game without needing to kill anyone intrigues me greatly.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
                    @zenith
                    pretty much what I expected to hear... no offence to Volta but he seems to be blinded by fanboy-ism.
                    not exactly. i hated the reveal of the game, the more footage released i slowly started to think it looks nice, and after playing it i liked it. the game is definitely not perfect, but i had fun with it and loved seeing the characters after a long time and getting more of the lore, thus the full score. it wasn't meant to be taken that seriously either.. but i truly think it's better than 99% of games released these days.

it has been obvious for months now that it would be a very polarizing game, mostly because of the mechanics not being taught. some genuinely hate it for other reasons too, ofc.
                    Last edited by volta; 10-13-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Czx
                      • Feb 2011

@Zenith - about Dishonored (just finishing it) the concept isn't as interesting as it sounds. It's worth a play but definitely nothing groundbreaking. A solid 7/10 I would say. And it's pretty short, altough with quite a replay value (I never do this, so whatever for me).
                      néant
                      Last.FM paranoia
                      Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                      0 > ∞

Comment

• Nomad_
                        • Jul 2012

even though re6 has had some bad reviews upon release, the movement mechanics certainly have improved such as you can actually move and shoot instead before you had to stay still just to fire, and i like the dash then dive as turning around to fire, found that shit pretty dope...

but ive played 1,2,3,4,and 5 since from when i was about 7 years old so im gonna keep continuing the legacy regardless

anyone take in the latest re movie at the ending part where leon puts his hand on the ada's leg and just gives the most serious stare, i lmao in the theatre and i was the only one laughing...

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

@volta
                          I'm sure it is better than most games released these days but that isn't saying much with the casual revolution and mobile gaming. I'm just hoping it plays like a decent action shooter but everything I hear tells me otherwise.

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
                            I'm just hoping it plays like a decent action shooter but everything I hear tells me otherwise.
                            the low expectations might surprise.

I will try and refrain from too much analysis, and I will happily retract my statements if the 3rd and final campaign turn out to better thought out and implemented.
                            you will hate one of those rooms that look completely untextured and unfinished.. it's just white. when playing that i was sure it'd become flame-bait.. oh gosh..

Comment

• Unexist
                              • May 2012

RE6 played demo, its goes completely different road then other RE games. Only the name RESIDENT EVIL form what it was in 2,3 even 4 its a completely another game > why capcom doing it ????
                              remake RE2 and RE3 ! why to release such a piece of shit ?

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
                                RE6 played demo, its goes completely different road then other RE games. Only the name RESIDENT EVIL form what it was in 2,3 even 4 its a completely another game > why capcom doing it ????
                                remake RE2 and RE3 ! why to release such a piece of shit ?
                                it's been like this for a decade and suddenly you're surprised?
                                and bio 2&3 doesn't need a remake.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎