X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

^
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• copacetic
      • Nov 2010

"Peace, SZ'ers. Gonna go bang some chicks now. Have a nice chat.

P.S.: Just picked up some XXX dipped sneaks."
      And "When the prince has gathered about him
      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
        I think he means that most people get over this reactionary response to the mainstream appropriation of their favorite musicians/artists/designers once they get out of high school.
        bingo
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

upsilonking - between this and the stupid post in the archive thread, i advise you to be more careful with your posts, or you will be downgraded from green day to good charlotte in no time. fair warning.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• empaulio
            • Mar 2009

moving on, has anybody handled the tall boots from SS? From pictures they look more narrow then the last 2 issues.
            I'd like to know if they can be pushed down and worn low or if they fit too tight to the leg.

Comment

• Inxight
              • May 2008

if this was justin beiber or someone like that, maybe you would have a point
              Oh man, you had to go and bring up Beiber! Ever since he came on the scene and is wearing clothes, I had swear off getting dressed at all now. God forbid someone sees me in my wardrobe and confuse me as a fan of that asshole!! Hell, he wears t-shirts, so even one saying "I hate Beiber" could still cause confusion. Someone may think I'm being all ironic, or think I beat up a Beiber hater for it and now wear it as a badge of victory, eeehhhhhh. And don't even get me started on the fact that he uses words and talk and stuff, now I can't speak or communicate anymmooOh wait, shit! I just realizided that Justin breathes.....

Comment

• my friend jonathan shot that picture of rick :)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                  Most music fans do not solely listen to music for the songs, but the whole package. If you don't know Johnny Thunders' personal life, you definitely do not feel his music as much, and the same sort of thing informs songs like Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" too. Extraneous factors will always play a part. The different price points make fashion a somewhat different bird, but a designer still flys or hits the ground based on other factors than just the sheer quality of the work. And since there are a lot of people who get banned here, won't personal stuff like that end up factoring into their overall appreciation of the great clothes being made by people here?
                  Not necessarily true. There are competing schools of thought on this.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

I think their is an undeniable link between a musical artist and their personality and ethos that leads to someone becoming a fan of theirs. I find it hard to believe you could be a fan of a band like skinny puppy without aligning or at least being sympathetic to their sociopolitical message. They would be damn near impossible to separate.

Comment

• thejarc
                      • Jan 2011

shouldn't he notice the sole problems of his shoes when he's wearing them all the time?

Comment

• Fenix
                        • Aug 2010

^sure, he has them re-soled as well.
                        Originally posted by hausofblaq
                        Grow up.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                          I think their is an undeniable link between a musical artist and their personality and ethos that leads to someone becoming a fan of theirs. I find it hard to believe you could be a fan of a band like skinny puppy without aligning or at least being sympathetic to their sociopolitical message. They would be damn near impossible to separate.
                          Maybe. At the same time a politically charged band like RATM had a ton of fans who were rich, privileged suburban kids. It got so bad that Zach de la Rocha once stopped the concert in dispair and told everyone to get into their SUVs and get the fuck out.

But we are talking about creators and their work. When Stephen Crane, who did not participate in the Civil War, published The Red Badge of Courage, he got dozens of letters from veterans who were convinced that they served in the same regiment with him. Like I said, it can go both ways - the link between the work and its author is not necessarily there.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

Rap is a good example of the latter point I would say, kids from scarsdale blasting jay z and such. Of course in many cases the artists motives are also questionable. I saw consolidated years ago and in one instance they were railing against consumerism and in the next breath twlling fans to but their 40 dollar band tees. I think with music whether consciously or subconsciously you're buying either the image or the message. Fashion I would say is the same as I buy brands who's ethos whether real or implied I can relate to. If you're selling integrity there comes a point where money perhaps trumps that integrity.

On an exhausted side note, any brand who makes sneakers is opened to being co opted by celebrities some deem undesireable, just wait until usher sees those rubber dipped ccp.

Comment

• theconsumer
                              • Feb 2009

With probably 40 pairs in rotation, no. And he's probably got special edition with titanium staples.

To me, his sneakers look like unfinished prototype/sample (someone putting in the staples as stop-gap at last moment, because proper machinery was not available or whatever) but which sold really well the first season and thus went several seasons essentially unchanged. Since then, amount of product returns (and maybe even bitching on this forums) obviously forced Rick & Co to reconsider the design. We'll see about this once people start wearing Anthem footwear and singing anthems about them (or probably not :)

PS. Crepe sole actually works well in 2008 boot design, very quiet and comfortable, if not very durable. But it seems easy to replace or rebuild, since it's glued to separate middle layer of leather. A leather soled boot with thick layer of crepe underneath, actually :)

Newer models seem to have uppers stitched directly to the (somewhat firmer) rubber sole. As seen in this thread, this was not a good idea ...

Originally posted by thejarc View Post
                              shouldn't he notice the sole problems of his shoes when he's wearing them all the time?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                upsilonking - between this and the stupid post in the archive thread, i advise you to be more careful with your posts, or you will be downgraded from green day to good charlotte in no time. fair warning.
                                good charlotte?!? damn that's rough.
                                I was just sending a warning .. we'll see in 6 months how people feel about this jacket. or we won't. back to the rick programming...
                                couldn't I get downgraded from King Crimson to Gentle Giant?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎