• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Farfetch

Does anyone have any experience with farfetch.com?

Here's my story...

I ordered a pair of shoes through them, from a store in Italy (or London, whatever). Like a smart shopper, after I placed the order, I decide to google the site, and lo and behold, hundreds of complaints about their awful services, awful communication, and being dinged with horrific duty/brokerage fees.

I had checked their policies about a week before I ordered...from the link entitled "Duty Inclusive On All International Orders", it read that Canada and US were duty-paid, meaning to me that you would not receive a bill from DHL/UPS. Then I come across this thread:

I'm freaking out guys. I bought a jacket priced at $2,564 Canadian, that was shipped from France to Toronto, Canada. It got held up by DHL, and I

To summarize, lady in Canada bought a $2500 jacket about two weeks ago and was charged $836 in duty. But their policy says otherwise, right? I go back to re-read the policy...and it's changed! Now it reads that only the US is duty-paid. Lady does get a favourable response from farfetch, but the thread doesn't mention if she ever got her money back.

I send several messages asking for them to either call me or email regarding this policy. After a few days with no response (24-hours my ass), I get fed up and ask that my order be cancelled. Finally they respond saying that they've cancelled my order, and in a separate email, no, both Canada and US are duty paid. FML.

Can anyone shed any light on their experiences with them? They have some decent deals...I hate to think I just cancelled my order for no reason.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

they are a shitshow, have heard horror stories

Comment

• tenorish
      • Oct 2011

For me they've been quite ok. I ordered a pair of shoes from them, turned out too big, returned them and ordered a size smaller, still turned out too big, so returned them yet again and ordered the right ones. All of it worked like it should.

But then again, I'd ordered from Germany...

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
        For me they've been quite ok. I ordered a pair of shoes from them, turned out too big, returned them and ordered a size smaller, still turned out too big, so returned them yet again and ordered the right ones. All of it worked like it should.

But then again, I'd ordered from Germany...
        And the store was located in Europe as well I assume?

I have a feeling most people who purchase within the same shopping-zone do fine. There is also no phone number on their site to call them...which is really frustrating.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

I've also bought from FarFetch, with no problems, although the item ran extremely small (XL fit like an S) and the shipping was ridiculously high (something like 30 pounds within europe)
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

We can't blame them for sizing...unless it was mislabeled.

Comment

• Haven
              • Oct 2011

Speaking of Farfetch, do you know how they shoot all items? Regardless of what store the item is in, they all seem to be shot the same..

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I've thought about it as well, my guess is that have some sort of common background they send to every store, along with some strict angle specifications.
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• jskidder1
                  • Jan 2011

I know that they recently (month or so ago) changed their model to be all inclusive similar to LVR. Previously the buyer was responsible for all duties and fees as well as high shipping prices.

I imagine the communication issues are related to the fact that they act as a middleman for smaller independent boutiques that do not have their own online shops.

Comment

• ImaPro
                    • Oct 2010

From what I've heard Revolve helps them with US orders. Maybe give them a call.
                    Originally posted by merz
                    ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i've ordered from them a few times with no problems before and after the duty-free policy. but they do charge a little more than the affiliate retailer. i assume to cover the free global return shipping?

l'eclariuer will charges less with no duty, but will charge for the send and return shipping. so i guess it's good to do some comparison shopping between farfetch and the actual store.

sizing requests have been fairly quick. usually with a 1-2 day turnaround.

Comment

• tenorish
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        And the store was located in Europe as well I assume?

I have a feeling most people who purchase within the same shopping-zone do fine. There is also no phone number on their site to call them...which is really frustrating.
                        Yes the store was located in Europe too. To avoid duties/taxes I generally avoid buying from non-EU boutiques.

The only nagging issue with farfetch for me is that at times the shipping fees are rather exorbitant, but well it is what it is.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                          • Aug 2010

I've bought from Farfetch a couple of times and have the items sent to Australia with no problem, but I always wait for them to offer free shipping. Needed to do a return once and everything went well. Then again I never bought anything above AU$1000 from them so I can't say much about duty and customs.
                          Originally posted by Patroklus
                          Better too adventurous than not enough
                          everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• elephantstone
                            • Jan 2011

I bought from them twice, never had any problems.....

But my experience is limited with Hostem only......If I'm not mistaken Hostem is actually the direct affiliate of farfetch, no wonder their service cant be beaten. imo it all boils down to which boutique you are dealing with.....

Comment

• zxc4030
                              • Aug 2009

so duties & taxes are included in the price for US/CANADA if we make a purchase from Non-EU boutiques?
                              they only mention this for US customers on their website..

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎