• Show
Clear All
  • Kuat
    • Nov 2012

Be careful when dealing with Campbell McDougal from DarklandsBerlin.com

Here's what went down:

- I order 1000 euro worth of items from him
    - Pay his PayPal invoice
    - Campbell says to send BankWire instead, because my PayPal address is not verified. He says he will refund my Paypal right away.
    - I send him Bank Wire and ask to refund my PayPal money
    - 20 days later he still doesn't reply to my emails and never refunded my PayPal. I have opened a dispute with PP today.

To show that i'm legit, this is what I spent this month on clothing, couple of SZ members can verify my purchases from them: http://clip2net.com/clip/m84465/1356...-clip-55kb.png

Screenshot of email from Campbell promising to send money back: http://clip2net.com/clip/m84465/1356...-clip-30kb.png

Not sure of Campbell treats all his customers like that, but be warned.

P.S.
    I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Darklands thread in the affiliated section is closed and all other subforums didn't really fit.
    Last edited by Kuat; 12-26-2012, 11:08 AM.
  • bryantyj
    • Jun 2010

Oh damn whats this again. I have had transactions with Campbell numerous times and went smooth. It must be a miscomm somewhere.

Comment

• Kuat
      • Nov 2012

Not sure what this is. His replies were within minutes when I was inquiring about items and sizes. When I sent payment, he stopped responding. I gave him plenty of time to resolve this (he just ignores me). Hope this gets his attention.

Comment

• shdws
        • Sep 2011

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• the breaks
          • Sep 2007

well that sucks
          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

So you honestly think he took your money and ran? Living the good life in the Caribbean Sea? Or you are one of every fifth customer he doesn't pay his money back? And now you are opening an own thread with the heading "scammer"?

Give me a break...
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Faye
              • Apr 2009

Why not give him a call? Certain problems can be solved much better in a real conversation.

Do you spend every month so much on clothing btw?! Oo

Comment

• Kuat
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                So you honestly think he took your money and ran? Living the good life in the Caribbean Sea? Or you are one of every fifth customer he doesn't pay his money back? And now you are opening an own thread with the heading "scammer"?

Give me a break...
                Man, I don't know what to think. All I know is that I'm out of money and he hasn't replied to me in 3 weeks, though I see him online at SZ every day. Like I said, I have waited more than enough time to fix this - at this point I don't have any options.

If it was for 100 bucks i would let it slide, but not for the amount he owes me.
                Dumb really, because he could have had much more business from me.

Comment

• MechaStreisand
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                  this is what I spent this month on clothing, couple of SZ members can verify my purchases from them: http://clip2net.com/clip/m84465/1356...-clip-55kb.png
                  "Another aim of this community is to divorce fashion from consumerism and celebrity culture. If this suits you, you have come to the right place."

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

i'm going to side with Kuat on this one

when this much money is concerned, if you send someone message after message and they ignore you i can totally understand making a "big deal" out of it...
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

You are aware what the term "scammer" implies?
                      Being online on SZ for shops does not mean that someone is literally surfing the Internet at the same time, but that the shop computer is on. In this case I know that he is on vacation too. And it was Christmas time, the busiest time for everyone as you know.
                      So chill out, I don't think that even his worst enemy here on SZ would ever accuse him of "scamming" anyone...I don't know where you are coming from but this ain't super future or man Dior groups and darklands is not a private person but a shop...

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                      Man, I don't know what to think. All I know is that I'm out of money and he hasn't replied to me in 3 weeks, though I see him online at SZ every day. Like I said, I have waited more than enough time to fix this - at this point I don't have any options.

If it was for 100 bucks i would let it slide, but not for the amount he owes me.
                      Dumb really, because he could have had much more business from me.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I don't think the amount of money makes any difference...for you that might be much, for others it will be peanuts and for others again even 100€ is a fortune...

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                        i'm going to side with Kuat on this one

when this much money is concerned, if you send someone message after message and they ignore you i can totally understand making a "big deal" out of it...

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                          Being online on SZ for shops does not mean that someone is literally surfing the Internet at the same time
                          Yet he answers all the item sales inquiries within minutes (i used different name/email to check if hes there for other people and just ignoring me)

Trust me, he is reading my messages just fine.

I myself have no idea why would someone as big as Darklands risk their reputation in such a way, but the fact remains: they keep my money since Dec 11 and give no reason for it. I didn't want to risk waiting any longer because PayPal has a limited timeframe to file file a dispute.

Comment

• arby2001
                            • Jan 2011

my 2 cents...

there are irresponsible sellers and then there are outright robbers
                            the former are people who eventually do deliver, but require constant prodding, pushing and follow-ups. it doesn't really matter what reason they give you (unless it's a genuine emergency eg. hurricane, in which case they should have informed you anyway), there's simply one word to describe them when a large amount of money is involved, that is -- irresponsible.

i've dealt with a few people like that before, and it's very frustrating. Sometimes there is a tendency to create a thread just to vent anger and hopefully get them off their ass and reply.

however there is a distinction between such people and robbers who have no intention whatsoever of giving you your stuff.
                            too skinny for rick

Comment

• Kuat
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post
                              no intention whatsoever of giving you your stuff.
                              So far, this has been my experience with Campbell.

I hope that I'm wrong and he will come up with some excuse and fix things.

I'm a polite and patient person, don't jump the gun for no reason, but in this situation I've had enough of plain disrespect from this seller, and the review I'm giving here is well deserved, in my opinion.

A simple email explaining their problem would be all that's needed. Yet they won't give me even this courtesy - i'm out of money and totally in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎