• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

some stock info for The Library..

they received the jointed trousers (bought a pair), jointed jackets (awesome, I felt like a transformer in it), jointed buttonups, black oddly constructed cotton trousers (these fit amazing!), couple of other blazers (one lined, one taped), couple of leathers (not sure which ones), layered buttonups... I think Tony said they have boots in stock as well. maybe something else that I'm forgetting...

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

how do you like the jointed knee trousers?
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

the cut is great, and the jointing works very good actually. I'll have to post pics later. the other pants they had were awesome aswell, had a hard time deciding which ones to get. dont know what they're called but they were black with aslightly odd cut, hard to explain.great slim fit.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

These odd cut pants.... were they the ones that were jointed at the crotch as well?

Man, everyone seems to be digging the jointed pieces. I can definitely see how it helps with functionality (ie- being able to cross your legs). With the fully jointed pants that include the crotch I can see it as being incredibly movement-liberating while retaining coverage (ach, so tempting...).

Do you mind if I ask about the price Mike?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

CCP eagle has landed at A
            i got a pair of the gloves: actual price 690, more than the 600 i've been quoting. note: if you're really after these you should get on it, because half their stock was sold in 3 hrs. i got a 50 and fits good but i feel a little awkward in them. ed scissorhands sort of feel. i never thought in my life i would spend 690 on gloves.
            after months of deliberation between the VA big button coat, the MA+ wool merino long coat, and the arrival of the CCP winter coat,a med-heavy wool, taped interior, intricate shoulder work, fanned out pockets, pinched and flared wrist action, fish tail (which you can attach to the interior of the coat forming a suctioned almost diaperlike situation), and the most amazing collar you'll ever wear, I decided to go w the ccp. the MA+ gave a good fight but karlo ultimately pointed out that the 48 didn't fit me right in the shoulders and i'm a 46 and the MA+ in 46 is just to tight for me. great coat though, someone should get it so i can envy it.
            they got the bull leather derbys in ((ed. of 12) really beautiful, might have to get in the ring
            the jointed boots-- look amazing- think river of dead souls--but the jointed part in this version is stiff (the result of 3 leathers) and is more cosmetic than functional. the grey is quite sweet.
            they complete the gray green suit w the edition of a jacket. i didn't try it on because the winter coat dilemma was enough.
            Theres also one more winner, a grey long coat, sharp thin lapels, two button, saddle shoulders, taped interior, and a perfect length. the staff is in love with this one. this coat is razor fucking sharp.
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

pnod, price points on the ccp coats? is the coat that you purchased a long coat? hopefully i can stop by soon.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Thanks for the entry... do you mind posting a photo of the gloves worn by you? I'm not really certain i want to drop $700 for gloves. Definitely getting the fingerless ones though that they've held for me but man... I'm gonna need some convincing on the full fingered ones hahaha

Thanks for the update! My friend is going to be at A (flew in from Texas with his wife tonight) to see things firsthand.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i was gonna post up some pics but my computer is runny low on memory so i've got problems.
                  fish tail -- 3400
                  long coat-- 2500 i think
                  the gloves have pointed tips so its hard to grasp shit. hopefully that will change. i dont think these gloves would work in texas. the fingerless seem like the right call for you.
                  i purschased the fishtail which falls almost to the top of boots in the back. the long coat is more of a long jacket. the fishtail combines winter gutter functionality w theatrical flair. it has a slit up the back which you can also close in two spots. its sort of amazing.has a real james dean feel.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Philip the coat you got sounds straight up baller. Sounds like an evolution of the duffle coat from last fall.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i was gonna post up some pics but my computer is runny low on memory so i've got problems.
                      fish tail -- 3400

long coat-- 2500 i think

the gloves have pointed tips so its hard to grasp shit. hopefully that will change. i dont think these gloves would work in texas. the fingerless seem like the right call for you.

[/quote]

Yeah, I've come to terms with that fact hahaha. Definitely the fingerless. I'll talk to JoJo tomorrow... did you try them on (joey, what about you?). I had them hold the 48 for me based on the 50 in the kangaroo alien gloves last season being a size too big. I figure there is a lot of leeway since only the thumb has to fit the fingerless... but I still want to move my thumb....

Can't wait to see photos of your new coat man. Sounds like you made the right choice!

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

i was gonna post up some pics but my computer is runny low on memory so i've got problems.
                        fish tail -- 3400
                        long coat-- 2500 i think
                        i purschased the fishtail which falls almost to the top of boots in the back. the long coat is more of a long jacket. the fishtail combines winter gutter functionality w theatrical flair. it has a slit up the back which you can also close in two spots. its sort of amazing.has a real james dean feel.
                        [/quote]

i added this last pharagrahp hope you caught it. i tried on the fingerless but i cant remember for sure but i think a 48 was good. it wasn't very stiff...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

sounds too cool. i'm going to try and stop by tomorrow. i don't know if i can force myself to drop that much money again after the fencing jacket and suit. although my mom did say there was a reward for finishing the gmat in a few weeks. haha.

albert, i have the fingerless in a 50, which are a smidgen too big. i have tiny hands so a 48 probably would fit better. however these fit fine for the time being.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Word. Sounds like the 48 is spot on then. Thanks guys! I have medium sized hands (based on the latex gloves I wear) and slender fingers ("pianist" fingers, "surgeon hands", etc. etc.) so I think the 48 is the golden size in those.

Hehe, Joey it may be too tempting to resist if you try it on! It's like putting on something magical with some of those Carol pieces... there's an aura about some of them...

Man... I'm dying to see a photo Philip!

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Man, people have been picking up some solid Carol pieces lately. I can't wait to see the coat Philip; CCP's coats are just timeless in my opinion. Hopefully A will update thier site soon as well so we can all see these jointed boots!
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• uparmoured
                                • Sep 2007

philip: Thank you very much for the rundown and descriptions... I would love to see more detailed pictures of the items that you have picked up... I need visuals of those Jointed Boots... LAZZARI will be releasing new CCP Boots soon so I assume they will be the Jointed / Buckle or both... Stay tuned... Again, pictures are needed of those Jointed Boots!
                                FS: M.A+
                                FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎