• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

Thanks Mesh for the kind words,</P>

not one of my best pics, but what the heck, im not a celebrity, so i wont overly haggle about unflattering stances angles and facial expressions,</P>

withy regards to Trend Andy's comments,</P>

Great style is about appropriating clothes to ones bodytype and working it to look your best, we are not all the same height, skin colour, size, etc, for every individual it is important to find what works for you and adding it to enhance your assets and image that you want to portray and adding such items to your wardrobe</P>
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Trendy Andy
      • Jun 2007

Hi Zamb,</p>

Your exactly correct. [66] Your body type and skin color helps narrow down which color and material works best in conjunction with your presentation and how you would like others to perceive you as. We are all people of color. [75]</p>

Which is why I have to go with bootcut/flared pants to hide my big disproportional feet (US size 11) in a 5'7" frame lol [:|]. Those skinny jeans/pants are simply out of the question for me. [:'(]
      </p>

-Andy [:$]</p>

[quote user="zamb"]</p>

with regards to Trend Andy's comments,</p>

Great style is about appropriating clothes to ones bodytype and working it to look your best, we are not all the same height, skin colour, size, etc, for every individual it is important to find what works for you and adding it to enhance your assets and image that you want to portray and adding such items to your wardrobe</p>[/quote]

Comment

• matthewhk
        • Jan 2007

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Trendy Andy"]

Hi Zamb,</p>

Your exactly correct. [66] Your body type and skin color helps narrow down which color and material works best in conjunction with your presentation and how you would like others to perceive you as. We are all people of color. [75]</p>

Which is why I have to go with bootcut/flared pants to hide my big disproportional feet (US size 11) in a 5'7" frame lol [:|]. Those skinny jeans/pants are simply out of the question for me. [:'(]
          </p>

-Andy [:$] [/quote]</p>

Oversized shoes can look pretty decent if you go for certain sorts, a la the Rick Owen's hightops sort of thing. Certain boots discussed on this site have grandiose toeboxes that may very well limit the apparent sizing disparity (i.e. Carpe Diem).</p>

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

matthew, nice suit. bespoke? i think it fits your frame very well, but do the pants need to be shortened a little more? also, what are the shoes?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Sharp as always zamb, I'm so impressed with your suit making skills!</p>

It was finally cold enough for leather yesterday!</p>

</p>

(Cloak)</p>
              music

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

iM BUSY FINISHING A SUIT FOR A CLIENT FOR A WEDDING ON WEDNESDAY,</P>

so i have to do a group respoonse for everyone here,</P>

Trendy Andy, </P>

i laugh alot , all in good fun though[74], </P>

I am an inch taller than you are (5 8" ) and i wear a size 7-8 in shoes (nine with insoles if i like them) but i dont envy you with a size eleven!!,</P>

I mean you have to take what God gave you, [74] , </P>

However, on a more serious note, you CAN wear slim jeans, the trick with bigger feet is to wear shoes than are made with a less "chunky sole, and Avoid Boots as they make your feet seem bigger, but trust me, you can my brother, you can,</P>

Casem, thanks for the comments man,</P>

when i return from my semi retirement, I will be offering a bespoke (atelier) service, because i have the skill to do it , and much prefer, working this way than doing collections and fighting to show it to people who do not/ can not appreciate it,</P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Matthew, you sent me a PM, and let me apologize for responding here, but i hardly have time nowadays, if you notice i am posting less, and mostly on the weekends as i am really busy during the week.</P>

but to answer your question, </P>

the pants CAN, and should be shortened, about 1 -1.5 inches less than it is now, maybe you can try cuffs on the pant hem and see if you like them, you can turn the hem up 1" iron them evenly around the circumfrence and "tack" them neatly at the sideseam and the outseam.</P>

However i must say that you have a really nice frame, but the suit does nothing for you, it is well made( construction wise), but not well proportioned, </P>

the pant crotch is cut too low, and with the height of the first button on the jacket it makes your pelvis seem long, </P>

one of the trick in bespoke tailoring is to take your best fitting pant to the tailor and ask him to "copy" the pattern for the suit pants.</P>

some of these idiots called tailors might be unwilling to do it , but any tailor than is unwilling to do so, is not worth your money (after all it would mean less work for him and more satisfaction for you), as the very nature of Bespoke is for you to get precisely what you want, thus the name "bespoke" (from "bespeak" or to ask for, in an exclusive and unique manner)</P>

also, i think you should try a three button suit, with some "definition" in the waist, three button suits (with the first button hole closed and the lapel rolled to the second button are now my specialtly) would be very nice for your frame,</P>

another thing is to have the suit made with more narrow (and square shoulders) i am imagining it on you right now , and am very sure it would make you very elegant, quite "debonaire"</P>
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

zamb, many thanks for your detailed response. will take your comments into consideration.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                    • Jun 2007

Hi Zamb,</p>

Your not suppose to be envious of me. I have freaken Ronald McDonald feet!!!![70] I look like a freaken clown when I wear mid length boots.[:'(] Unfortunately, I am drawn into the look of those Rick Owens and Carol Christian Poell slant zippered boots. That being said, I don't believe it looks appropriate on me. [76]</p>

-Andy</p>

[quote user="zamb"]</p>

Trendy Andy, </p>

i laugh alot , all in good fun though[74], </p>

I am an inch taller than you are (5 8" ) and i wear a size 7-8 in shoes (nine with insoles if i like them) but i dont envy you with a size eleven!!,</p>

I mean you have to take what God gave you, [74] , </p>

However, on a more serious note, you CAN wear slim jeans, the trick with bigger feet is to wear shoes than are made with a less "chunky sole, and Avoid Boots as they make your feet seem bigger, but trust me, you can my brother, you can,</p>[/quote]

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="zamb"]</p>

three button suits (with the first button hole closed and the lapel rolled to the second button are now my specialtly)</p>

[/quote] </p>

^^ A friend of mine does that with ALL his suits. I love the look.</p>

Andy,</p>

I think you could pull off Poell boots beautifully. Rock that shyte with a pair of jeans cut a bit slimmer than the jeans you were wearing Saturday and a straight cut would suit you just as well as the flared boot cut imo. I have to say that what you were wearing works really well for you though. And I didn't think that your feet looked disproportionately big at all.
                      </p>

</p>
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• CHRIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

lazy </P>

</P>

hanes
                        ann demeulemeester
                        yohji</P>

Comment

• irrlicht
                          • Jan 2007

</p>

dior lame shirt, rick super thin tank, cloak aviator pants, rick boots
                          </p>

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Those pants are amazing irrlicht, the whole outfit is great. Chris, I've never seen a hanes tee look so good!
                            music

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

amazing outfit irricht... especially the pants...

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎