X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUCK
    replied
    Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
    Considering how these are appreciating you gotta run FAST to get closer. This one is just getting further and further away from me. Had a chance to buy a mint condition one for $ 30k 10 years ago and didn't. Would have been a solid investment.
    I hear you! I picked up mine about 4 years ago and I'm doing a full rotisserie resto on her. It's been hell but companies like singer make it much easier than it used to be.

All the targa tops have taken off in price and they're looking to be the next ferrari Dino in terms of cars that nobody wanted 20 years ago that are worth a fortune now

Leave a comment:

• Chinorlz
    replied
    I've been reading about/perusing cars more than usual lately... definite dream fleet would include:

Shelby Daytona Coupe
    Shelby Cobra
    65 Mustang Fastback
    Porsche 356 Speedster
    Ferrari 246 GT Dino (71-72)
    Mercedes 300SL Gullwing

for the two wheeled contingent, a Vincent Rapide and Black Shadow and a few more Honda CB450s (K0 Black Bomber and another cafe racer)

60s and early 70s were such a golden age for cars and design...

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Originally posted by 550BC View Post
    I worked with this guy for a publication about 2 years ago. Definitely worth checking out: http://www.banditnine.com/fleet/
    Funny, I found out about him exactly two days ago. Was talking to a prominent photographer who was considering ordering one (provided his wife does not kill him first).

BTW, we have a dedicated motorcycle thread.

Leave a comment:

• 550BC
    replied
    I worked with this guy for a publication about 2 years ago. Definitely worth checking out: http://www.banditnine.com/fleet/

Leave a comment:

• mrbeuys
    replied
    Originally posted by PUCK View Post
    Mine isn't at this point yet but every day it's a gettin closer:
    Considering how these are appreciating you gotta run FAST to get closer. This one is just getting further and further away from me. Had a chance to buy a mint condition one for $ 30k 10 years ago and didn't. Would have been a solid investment.

Leave a comment:

• PUCK
    replied
    with all the heads in here that are into visual aesthetics and craftsmanship I'm surprised this thread isn't slammed with posts.

My Contributions:

Mine isn't at this point yet but every day it's a gettin closer:

Leave a comment:

• jimmycs
    replied
    One of the latest additions.

w/ smiles
    Jimmy

PS. Oops, looks like I am not familiar of attaching image the URL way. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    Seriously. I went for a laugh and now I am checking finance options. Damn.
    Tesla is making some really great cars. not only in terms of electrical innovation and ride comfort but they ate aesthetically well designed cars too

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    Originally posted by fncyths View Post
    I'm more style over speed. And personally will take vintage German steel over anything designed today... though I do love what Elon Musk is bringing to the table as far as innovation and travel. I do lean more towards retro futurism as far as style goes though
    you should get an E39 M5

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post

Toyota Supra MKIV (MKIII works too)

2JZ-GTE. I gawk whenever I see these in real life. Those taillights are probably my favorite design.
    Oh the Supra

I am eyeing one of these
    but cant even go anywhere near it now in terms of being able to afford.
    Maybe in about 2 years, one of the greatest cars ever made!

Leave a comment:

• fncyths
    replied
    I'm more style over speed. And personally will take vintage German steel over anything designed today... though I do love what Elon Musk is bringing to the table as far as innovation and travel. I do lean more towards retro futurism as far as style goes though.

This is my old California car. W123 1981 Mercedes 300TD. She guzzles and growls and spews all over the peppered Prius culture that has invaded LA. Many will argue that it's the best engine ever built. This car is a tank and hauls my camera / music gear, surfboards, buddies etc.

Have had a few vintage bimmers and benzes growing up. Just absolutely love their design and classic timelessness.

Here's an old ig pic of her perched up at one of my favorite surf spots in North Malibu.

Leave a comment:

• ADreamofBlue
    replied
    Dream rides consist of...

Second Generation Subaru Impreza WRX STi

The Boxer 4 engine is a thing of beauty. Smooth suspension, too. I'm learning stick at the moment so I don't have to worry about outdated computers doing the shifting for me.

Toyota Supra MKIV (MKIII works too)

2JZ-GTE. I gawk whenever I see these in real life. Those taillights are probably my favorite design.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    You have four days til I'm in London. And then we can go pick up yummy mommies in Islington.

Leave a comment:

• mrbeuys
    replied
    Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Do it!!!
    Seriously. I went for a laugh and now I am checking finance options. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• Faust
    replied
    Had a test drive in the tesla model s with ludicrous mode today.
    I think I am in love...
    Do it!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎