X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Style.com: Comme As You Are

A nice little piece about NYC based Comme fanatics: http://www.style.com/trendsshopping/...e_des_Garcons/
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

that is pretty nicely done, some of the looks capture the essence of CDG very well.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stephlinn
      • May 2012

I was just reading this, and thinking that it needed to be posted on SZ. Got beat to it!
      I like how it focuses on the people's personal relationships with the clothing, it really shows that comme can be wearable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

That was neat - thanks for posting, Mike. I like that it's all different kinds of people. But where is John Waters?!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

thanks for posting, i thoroughly enjoyed it...makes me proud to be a "kook"

Comment

• shah
            • Jul 2009

"Her current predilection for prints of objects and text etc. is only captured by the street style set with them completely embracing it while places like SZ focus on her more austere pieces or the austere iterations of things like pants and jackets."

In one way, and this is pure speculation, i think the idea of street photo shoots for mass consumption is rather new. and because it's for mass consumption, there is a competition to attract more viewers, so it becomes about volume of traffic. so what you end up with is louder pieces, peacocks parading in the streets, and a focus on visual statements rather than crafted and less pungent looks and collections are ignored aside from pieces that help drive this machinery. blogs entering this space formerly dominated exclusively by print and later digital content producers have only accelerated this process.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎