X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mortalveneer
    replied
    Originally posted by pierce View Post
    mortalveneer, fair enough. I suppose they are valid reasons. Just be careful of the elite playing you with 3000 euro shoes ;)
    They play upon my bourgeois aspirations all too well...

I have a pair of MA+ boots that I covet with all the lust of Balzac's Rastignac...

Leave a comment:

• zamb
    replied
    what is the value and purpose of money?.................

Leave a comment:

• Fuuma
    replied
    Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
    yeah, and the full price ballas are responsible for the insane prices

that's all i ever meant to say

/
    Well they're also responsible for the continued existence of those brands.

Leave a comment:

• endorphinz
    replied
    Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    As I said I agree with you that the "full price buyers that buy a lot" are the ones that bring the money to places like Barneys and Atelier. I'd say most SZers don't belong in that crowd (a few do). I'm halfway; I buy stuff full price, on sale and on the B&S. I assume a lot of members are the same w. some more thrifty and others ballin'.
    yeah, and the full price ballas are responsible for the insane prices

that's all i ever meant to say

/

Leave a comment:

• Fuuma
    replied
    Originally posted by pierce View Post
    I do think though that there is a culture of consumerism at play and that the designers are all part of the game. I like Rick Owens, because I'm sure if you asked him he would tell you straight. But 3000 euro shoes, I'm not so sure. Step too far.
    IT IS THE SAME PROFIT MARGIN AS OTHER MA+ ITEMS!! Once again blame the whole of that designer's output, or at least consider his footwear "low value".

The 3K is your psychological barrier but it is as arbitrary as 1K, $500, $250 etc. We can get shoes for $50 you know. And, once again, 3K for bespoke shoes is "reasonable" in that segment of the market so 3K for shoes isn't always an outlier price.

ps: from memory I think it's 3K USD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎