X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

This collection is less unique than his current stuff. I don't see a particular different designer here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some of this is another designer's collection.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Chilton0326
      I personally loved his use of color. The lime greens, burnt oranges, and odd shades of pink were all quite beautiful, and something I personally miss from his monochrome collections.
      Those were my initial thoughts as well, having browsed through his older collections lately - The recent collections all seemed a bit drab and visually unexciting from afar when you see the same (non-)colours repeating every season...

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

What a journey! Just shows that substantial differential point comes with time. Sad that people nowadays are often expecting it out of the gate. What Rick has developed into is nothing short of amazing.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

He actually has continuously used those colours, buyers don't seem to go for them. I know last season the rust/burnt orangE colour was available and for the coming season he has used the lime colour again(in the pre atleast.)
          Not many stores buy into these colours, but there a brave few who do.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ittalidaa View Post
            CITROEN
            RICK OWENS, SPRING–SUMMER 2004
            PARIS
            A HUGE thank-you for taking the time & effort to post these, ittalidaa.

I've the same images – but nowhere near this incredible size! Having that really brings you closer to both the construction detailing and the materials used for that season – neither of which can be fully appreciated with the more typical smaller-scale runway photos found online (especially true with most of these earlier collections).

Originally posted by Chilton0326
            I'm not sure there was a comparable designer at that time.
            And Chilton, you're goddamn right about that. ;) And thank you for saying so.

When a person wasn't actually around to experience the full scope of a designer's evolution from the get-go (or close to it), I find it futile trying to have any kind of a realistic 'then & now' discussion. Looking at 2-dimensional representations of someone's past work on a computer monitor is not a full education. So many other factors go into painting the complete picture of that person's journey, many beyond the capacity of photos or text to relay.
            Being accurately informed requires that slow absorption which develops, as you well know, only with time – by having been around & having paid attention.

Sometimes, all it takes is 1 comment to recognize when something's missing

Having been around, you don't need to hear this from me.
            You know I just like to talk out loud sometimes ;)
            sain't

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              He actually has continuously used those colours, buyers don't seem to go for them. I know last season the rust/burnt orangE colour was available and for the coming season he has used the lime colour again(in the pre atleast.)
              Not many stores buy into these colours, but there a brave few who do.
              That colour was called 'horselung' and was nowhere close in intensity and saturation as the shade of orange you can see in these runway images - more of a dust-y, brown with a hint of red in it. I thought that was nonetheless a rather drab shade...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

He should bring back the ICE color. That was amazing.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎