Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shah
    • Jul 2009

well after handling the stuff i thought it was a bit uninspired but the footwear looked atrocious in my opinion. fabrics were ok but none of this was like PJs , just boring.

Comment

• cblicious
      • Dec 2010

As much as I like the current collection, as boring I find this ... As mentioned above, pyjama party fits it

Comment

• Patroklus
        Banned
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by elephantstone View Post
        Isn't that newly appointed margiela guy the one actually designs menswear nowadays??
        He doesn't "actually" design it, he just assists Demeulemeester herself in realizing it. Very few designers work without assistants and doing so, were it even possible, probably wouldn't improve their work or make it more "authentic".
        That said, the past few men's and women's collections have felt a little more distant from one another, compared to older stuff, and the current men's feels more distant from her past work than the current women's stuff. I suppose Ann Demeulemeester herself may be investing more into the women's, but I want to see this season's women's before I decide if this is true.

Regarding fit, I never find Ann's shirt fit well on me....Not saying it's bad, just strange....Don't thing they work well unless used as layering pieces for a whole Ann outfit....
        I like the way they fit, but that's because they're almost exactly like the costume shirts I wore when I did Renaissance Fairs in my childhood. Also, I don't size them down.... to wit, the male models for her shirting on Aloharag look like they've sized down and they all have goofy fits. The women haven't and they are all quite fabulous.

Comment

• stemcell
          • Jul 2011

alot of pieces are for sale on why-lip, you can get a decent look at most of them... not really my thing unfortunately.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

I quite like the suede slip-ons. I think she offered something very similar for FW99 or SS00.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• stemcell
              • Jul 2011

New ann here

I like how they styled it, a little more realistic than luisaviaroma that styled it exactly as it's presented on the runway.

Comment

• flwlessvctry
                • Jul 2011

I have to say i'm also at six and sevens on this one, but i am never the less optimistic and fully confident in ms demeuleeester :)

Comment

• stemcell
                  • Jul 2011

I really can't judge until I see the buy from the corner, their buys are always the biggest and always manage to find stuff that interests me... barney's will surely be horrible. I'm curious to know what Ateliers buyer(s) think of fitting this collection into their store. So much color, obviously there are still plenty of black options but still...

Comment

• byhand
                    • Dec 2011

Her customer must not get up until sunset. Can't see any of this being worn during the day. Light reflecting from these garments will cause traffic accidents and spontaneous blindness from passersby if worn during daylight.

Comment

• messiisgood
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2012

WOW

Comment

• elephantstone
                        • Jan 2011

^^ lol

not feeling this, the fabric somehow doesn't feel right from the pics....will refrain from making assumptions before handling the pieces in person. But neither the styling nor the cut looks promising....

feel sad as Ann is my favorite designer bar none... Not very confident where the brand is heading...

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

I know, she is my favorite too. Sadly I wasn't really a fan of the current fall collection, I like the herringbone prints though, and I haven't really been a fan of anything I have seen from spring.

Doesn't help that rappers are starting to wear it.

Comment

• Would
                            • Nov 2010

I feel like I should enjoy this more than I actually do. It's just something about the proportions in addition to the obscene color/textures just strikes me as vulgar. These looks don't look nonchalant and cool so much as geriatric. Multigenerational Pan ethnic passed-out-in-the-opium den steeze.

I think the fabrics would be really beautiful in a lesser capacity in the context of her more traditional silhouette. Ann has always had a more deliberate, even pace between seasons. There is progress and change but its very measured. Maybe cautious. I want to like this because Ann is for sure my #1 waifu but damn. This feels like a knee-jerk reaction to me and a huge over correction.

Comment

• night-timer
                              • Apr 2011

Too layered for a summer clothing range, and I prefer winter colours, anyway. Nothing beats Ann's F/W '09 mens collection IMHO, but again that's personal taste. I just don't look to Ann for summer-oriented clothing. No disrespect intended - I love her work other than that.

Comment

• Taka Shimuza
                                • Dec 2012

^ Different strokes for different folks. Got that right.

A/W 13 should be interesting. I hope...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎