• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Haven't seen much information online about this but, since the fall winter season in stores now, Leon has developed a side collection that was presented alongside the Anfractuous Distortion collection called Forced Perspective. It is a more symmetrical offering of the same/similar silhouettes, but developed with entirely new patterns. The Atelier buy of this season is extremely nice especially the heavy duty twill 6plp (pant) style of the Force Perspective. With the symmetry comes a much more casual and refined style which I really enjoy, while still maintaining the same level of quality and craftsmanship you come to expect from this label. I also went to the SS18 showroom which expanded the concept even further and I'm interested in what direction Leon will take next.
    I very much agree! It's a good direction for him to offer something more approachable and yet interesting. I really liked what I saw.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bulletiquette
      • Jul 2011

The Forced Perspective work feels somewhat like a castration of the method. It moves it that much closer to the derivative garments of yesteryear whilst eliminating any of the 'bite' that the designer had exhibited prior. Less an act of refinement and more an exercise in appeasing an insipid palate.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Bulletiquette View Post
        The Forced Perspective work feels somewhat like a castration of the method. It moves it that much closer to the derivative garments of yesteryear whilst eliminating any of the 'bite' that the designer had exhibited prior. Less an act of refinement and more an exercise in appeasing an insipid palate.
        I have to agree with you on that Bullet. My personal admiration for LEB stemmed from the imperfect construction of his garments. It is interesting to see his new creations in the symmetrical patterns, still quite remarkable indeed. I really hope the asymmetrical products stay consistent and don’t get overshadowed by the symmetrical garments.

Needs!!
        LOOM OSAKA 大阪インポート&ドメスティックブランドセレクトショップ。取扱いブランド : incarnation, Boris Bidjan Saberi, ISAMUKATAYAMA, BACKLASH, LEON EMANUEL BLANCK, SOSNOVSKA, N/07, A.F ARTEFACT, RUNDHOLZ, Y-3, ワイスリー, yohji yamamoto など、通販可能

Comment

• LEB
          • May 2012

Hey all, thanks for your messages.

So for the past 6 or 7 years I have been working on ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION, which started as anatomical research with main focus on how fabric and body interact. Throuhout the years I have developed over 40 base patterns that were all developed using this technique.

Now I further developed some of these patterns into FORCED PERSPECTIVE. The approach was to take an AD pattern, choose one side and start redoing and moving lines aswell as work on the fit and proportions. You guys have to look at the pieces in person, I am sure you will see that the DNA of AD is very visible.

So without judging FP or AD: FP gives me the opportunity to design more and differently rather than the wind canal forming process of AD... so it is a lot of fun for me at this point because I can play different with symmetry, it gives me other ideas and other ways of working. So both projects can co-exist without interferring.

So since AW1718 we are showing 3 collections per season.

ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION MENS
          FORCED PERSPECTIVE MENS
          ANFRACTUOUS DISTORTION WOMENS

@TheInformalGenius: that hoody from the link is actually an FP piece.

Best wishes,
          Leon
          Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Impressed that he managed to book Ryan Gosling AND Lady Gaga

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

That’s one cheesy (and creepy) editorial.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Gerber
                  • Nov 2014

UFF!!! Thats a heavy one.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    That’s one cheesy (and creepy) editorial.
                    It reminds me very much of 2nd semester photography students at my former academy trying to be all dramatic with the light.

Also, what’s the narrative? That creepy guy follows the woman back home after a night out and then what? Molests her? Kills her? Tries to sell her a leather jacket? I don’t get it. It’s a bummer, because the clothes are nice.
                    Last edited by Nickefuge; 12-21-2017, 08:59 AM.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

Comment