• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stemcell
    • Jul 2011

Here is some good quality runway footage:

The first half of the soundtrack is popol vuh's
    "Höre, der Du Wagst" from the Nosferatu soundtrack.
    The soundtracks to Ann shows have had wonderful influences on my music library, Patti Smith, Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, Devendra Banhart, all those Bob Dylan covers from 08... and now popol vuh.

second half is this song by Brian Eno, which I haven't given more than a first listen:

Another Day On Earth (2005)# Vocals, multiple instruments -- Brian Eno# Keyboards -- Jon Hopkins# Guitar -- Leo Abrahams# Violin -- Duchess Nell Catchpole# D...

Enjoy

Comment

• stemcell
      • Jul 2011

@faust also, did you happen to see approx price for one of those embroidered jackets? Curious to know if they'll be insanely high because of embroidery, or if the price will even out because the fabric is so light and unlined....

Comment

• lazyguru
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The jacket itself is very light and gauzy, which makes the embroidery stand out even more.
        Really? That makes it super next level , thats an amazing bit of detail to point out , thank you!!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
          @faust also, did you happen to see approx price for one of those embroidered jackets? Curious to know if they'll be insanely high because of embroidery, or if the price will even out because the fabric is so light and unlined....
          No, it's not like I walk around with a price list there
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

Comment

• djt00
              • Apr 2013

SS15 looks great on the runway. Just saw the videos and was really impressed. Gold looks very nice with black.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                • Apr 2014

Aesthetics aside, how were the fabrics, Faust? you didn't exactly seemed impressed with the past few seasons before Ann left.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I think they've been slowly turning the tide on that one. The fabrics were really nice - lots of lightweight linen/cotton mixes.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                    • Jan 2011

I do have to say that I would have liked to have seen just a little bit more variation in the bottoms presented--perhaps some wider pants, not that I even wear those with frequency. That said, I have been actually really impressed by this presentation and it does seem to be imbued with some of the classic romanticism and lovely air that Ann always managed to infuse into her shows. I'm sure the pieces will also be nice on the rack and not just as part of the show. It's strange to think that this has been one of my favorite shows of the season, as I had really rather written off the Ann Demeulemeester brand, except to catch the occasional pieces online.

Comment

• Karamazov
                      • Jan 2011

It's nice that the embroidery doesn't entirely cover the garment--that space is probably what kept it from actually looking like brocade curtains...

I really like the proportions of the look with the beige tunic with black vest on top.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                        • Jun 2013

preview on H.Lorenzo

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

and some items in

Buy Ann Demeulemeester for Men online at HLORENZO. Shop the latest SS24 Ann Demeulemeester collection and get Free Shipping.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                          • Sep 2013

In that case, Antonioli, ssense, LVR, Selfridges, and Mr. Porter all have SS15 stock available.
                          I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• gawkrodger
                            • Jun 2013

But of a difference in stock though

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡