Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike
    • Dec 2006

well you could get a lot more gains with a few other mods in addition to the software. but by itself it won't be too noticable of a differenece; mainly more linear power/torque curve, slightly better throttle response. but if $500 is nothing to you why not haha

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

Yeah I didn't mean to disregard the $500, it's just that my only other car for thevlast 2 yEars has been a minivan so you can probably see where I'm coming from.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I used to have an Audi with NA engine, and chipped that. Waste of $500 if you ask me. I used to be an Audi freak, forums and all... Still post on quattroworld once in a while.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

Yes and wife just pointed out that considering I have 3 young kids it's probably fast enough as is.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Haha! If yours is an automatic transmission and you have an itch to scratch, I suggest chipping it instead - smoother, faster ride. Just remember, if your car is leased, it might void the warranty. I miss my A4(s) :(
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

I have the extended warranty but I bought outright. Was actually a great deal. Bought an 07 with 25k on it for 23, far better than the 42 it would have cost new. Plus I wanted the 3.2 and they discontinued it for 2010. Btw paddle shifters and the Jackie Robinson pkwy through Brooklyn is pure win. I think this will be the first in a long line of Audis for me.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                I have the extended warranty but I bought outright. Was actually a great deal. Bought an 07 with 25k on it for 23, far better than the 42 it would have cost new. Plus I wanted the 3.2 and they discontinued it for 2010. Btw paddle shifters and the Jackie Robinson pkwy through Brooklyn is pure win. I think this will be the first in a long line of Audis for me.
                A girlfriend of mine gave me her 2010 coupe to drive last week and it made my Camry feel like a piece of junk!....
                I'm staying away from cars though..............somehow I find owning them to be a waste of money..............
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                  Nakata is the new God.
                  more like a SZ demiurge if you ask me, his powers were limited by the bigger boss with the unconquerable sword...........so now he puts a sig with a link.
                  I like Nakata, but not sure if I will purchase from him again until the controversies surrounding him are worked out.

I pretty much stayed away from the discussion, but have a perspective on it. I will say more in another thread as this isn't the place for it.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

Congrats!

Zam - awesome pair of shoes, in the most amazing of condition! Can't get anymore sweeter than that!

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
                      Zam - awesome pair of shoes, in the most amazing of condition! Can't get anymore sweeter than that!
                      thanks Yan,
                      Yea they are really great, the Color is really nice, they actually look way better IRL than the pics do.
                      Mi Needs Carol Boots Now and my boots buying will be over for a long time........................Still contemplating selling My Guidis though.......

Comment

• cmitso412
                        • Feb 2010

great car, congrats. if maintained they will run forever. back in 91 my father bought a brand new coupe quattro, the odometer stopped a few years back at over 335k miles and that was at least 150k miles ago. I don't think he'll ever give it up.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Haha! If yours is an automatic transmission and you have an itch to scratch, I suggest chipping it instead - smoother, faster ride. Just remember, if your car is leased, it might void the warranty. I miss my A4(s) :(
                          Are Audi automatics really that bad? I drive an automatic 2.7t '07 A6 station wagon when I'm in Vienna (Dad's, but he's usually traveling) and it accelerates more than fast enough in the city and does 220km/h on the German Autobahn without breaking a sweat. I doubt chips do much on half decent cars except on the track.
                          Originally posted by jogu
                          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

lol they really won't make a difference if that is all you do on any car. it certainly won't make a car "faster" just maybe a bit smoother acceleration. in general you can't really make a naturally aspirated engine a whole lot more powerful unless you put a turbo or supercharger on it. and thats even if you do everything you possibly could; not just an off the shelf ecu tune.

oh and all automatics are shit. even the semi auto ones with the paddle shifters aren't that great even though car brands claim they are "f1" transmissions or whatever.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

I love blanket statements.

Comment

• mike
                                • Dec 2006

haha. well it depends what you are looking for. certainly an automatic will get you from point a to point b perfectly fine.
                                and as for the semi automatic gear boxes, they are cool in theory, but hard to execute into something that isn't a race car.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎