• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji Yamamoto Mens FW08-09 - Paris

[quote user="acid udon"]in regards to pricing, the boots in the first two pics are £250 at the yamamoto store in london which i thought was very reasonable, however they only had size 42 and 45 left. my gf got the womens ankle zip up boots in the similar style, with laces wrapped around the lower calf, really beautiful
    [/quote]

Whoa! What are they made of, plastic? Well, I can see that the sole is probably rubber, but still... Your girlfriend's boots sound lovely - any pix?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

Avantster, are these cargo pants you talk about the ones i have in army green? If so then you have described it beautifully - and yes it is a very luxurious piece whose drape in movement does not lend itself well to pictures (do ANY of my Yohji pants look good in pics? Other than the slim black cargos...slim always photographs better). It is cotton/linen mix on the outside but if you run your hand across the fabric it feels like silk. He also did a cupro lining inside - another attention to luxurious detail. Other than Thom Browne, I don't know of any modern designers who still lines their pants...Alexander McQueen, as much as he is praised, is ultimately kinda shabby-looking in person when it comes to the menswear, especially the tailoring which is all fused and of average material for his insane pricepoints. Yohji jackets from the main line and older Y's may be fused (business wear line Y is fully canvassed tho), but they hold up very well keeping their shape and movement after years of wear.

Yohji's wool gabardine is better than some supposedly 'top notch' Italian fabrics I've seen at high end made to measure tailors here in HK.

and the S/S 08 line didn't sell that well...probably why the prices for winter are lowered. Nobody was buying that stuff even at discount...i think the only piece that sold out completely was the slim black cargos.

[/quote]

Yes, I think it's the same one. I'm much shorter so it's seems much more voluminous on me, which I really like. You should do a waywt video, haha.

Lower prices for winter! That's a first. I remember seeing a pretty
      decent selection of shirts on sale from the previous season at the
      start of s/s 08. Didn't kop any as I was en route to Tokyo, but I
      should have!

I'm wondering if anyone knows where Yohji has his dress shoes, boots, and sneakers made (main line, Y's & business line).

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

He has been working with Hiromu Takahara from Roen for his YY pour homme line for the last few seasons. Not sure about the standard dress shoes or converse-type leather sneakers. It seems like he had worked with different shoes companies in various collections. I have seen George Cox, Red Wings, Hawkins (YY loves engineering boots..haa) Dr. M and Adidas for sure. I have seen a pair ofAdidas Stan Smith withYY's face on the tongue instead of Stan Smith :)

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Ah yes, thanks Buckwheat. It gets a little confusing with all the collaborations and I was wondering if he had a 'default' manufacturer. Actually, I was thinking whether his dress shoes were as well constructed as some of his clothing.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Checked out the stuff at Yohji boutique in Soho - nothing caught my eye. But the womens, good god!!! [64]
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
              • Sep 2006

Have you seen the double breast hand stitched jacket Faust? what do you think? I am dying to get a double breast jacket from YY for a long time now.....

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

Have you seen the double breast hand stitched jacket Faust? what do you think? I am dying to get a double breast jacket from YY for a long time now.....

[/quote]

Yea, at A in olive and at Yohji in black. Nice, but DEFINITELY NOT $2500 nice, not even close. Saw the $1800 knit too - mesh is correct about the fabric, pretty cheap and rough.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                  • Sep 2006

yikes....$2500...

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Buckwheat"]

[/quote]

Yea, at A in olive and at Yohji in black. Nice, but DEFINITELY NOT $2500 nice, not even close. Saw the $1800 knit too - mesh is correct about the fabric, pretty cheap and rough.

[/quote]

I am always right when it comes to shit like that. I did however see a similar yychunky oversize cardigan in an amazing wheat color which was slightly more worth it than the basic black at Barneys. Their buys are getting better thankfully.

Comment

• orphée
                      • Apr 2008

Actually, I've been able to find some relatively good buys on Yohji....I just have to make myself wait. But I apparently always want the stuff that others don't, so I can often get them on sale (70% off) and don't mind wearing his stuff post-season.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="Faust"][quote user="Buckwheat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am always right when it comes to shit like that. I did however see a similar yychunky oversize cardigan in an amazing wheat color which was slightly more worth it than the basic black at Barneys. Their buys are getting better thankfully.

[/quote]

oops, I was talking about the wheat one! Another ridiculous thing was Y's red lable canvas boots with a rubber sole - $770. I mean, not a single inch of leather [72]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

30 different lines, collaborations all over the place, sportswear, sneakers, cheap materials etc. etc. and everything priced like it's made out of solid platinum.

When is it time to recognize greed for what it is?

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="the breaks"]

30 different lines, collaborations all over the place, sportswear, sneakers, cheap materials etc. etc. and everything priced like it's made out of solid platinum.

When is it time to recognize greed for what it is?

[/quote]

The materials ARE NOT CHEAP on a huge amount of things, and you can be sure it's better than 90% of what the Europeans and Americans put out, and the construction blows virtually everyone out of water, and most of it is made in japan, which IS expensive. As for the rest, you can call it that - I personally don't care because I don't even look at it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

I thought we already established that his materials are not cheap. YY also employs over 600 people worldwide, runs a few independent stores in some of the most expensive cities in the world, and continues to produce their clothes in quality factories in Japan. Yeah, the clothes are uber-expensive, but the costs of running that company can't be cheap either.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I was looking at the lookbook on the subway today and I remembered my three favorite coats, including the one pictured, and no one bought them. Strange. I wonder if they were approaching $4k.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎