Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yyan7778
    • Dec 2013

Hi guys, does anyone has ideas about the fabric of Devoa 14aw 1B blazer, the 14ss one is still 56% WOOL 22% POLYESTER 22% TRIACETATE, quite disappointed

Comment

• CAIN
      • Jun 2013

I heard new one is 60% wool 20% polyester 20% triacetate, a little more wool! how do you feel about it now?

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

why would you be disappointed about the fabrics

they use some of the best fabrics around, and if there is any poly, its there for a reason, maybe simple because the garment is best executed in a mixed blend that a 100% whatever fabric.

I am in the showroom now and if you have something more important let me know, but don't cry over something as irrelevant as that.....
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

would love more details/showroom pics of this piece Zam:

glad they're moving away from the sportswear influence of the last couple of collections and back to a cleaner look.

Comment

• schemedream
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by yffet View Post
            A glimpse to FW14-15.

To be honest i laughed a bit ;)

http://stealthprojekt.com/blog/stealthbrands/2281.html
            Didn't know what to expect. OP delivers.

I love when different mediums or art collide in beautiful ways like this. There needs to be more cross pollination of media like this. Made me smile. Can't wait to see the actual look book >.<

Comment

• yyan7778
              • Dec 2013

Zamb Devoa is great. I would usually buy the 1B blazer for every season since 12aw. Nishida always makes some new and gorgeous fabric. I mean, the 14ss blazer is good, but I hope Nishida could make a new blazer as he did in the past years rather than a same one as last season.

I've ordered the blazer, hope I can get it in next week.
              Last edited by yyan7778; 01-19-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                • Jun 2013

the dark green trousers are exactly what I've been looking for.

I could happily wear just devoa trousers for the rest of my days

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Went to the showroom yesterday. It's so consistently good, well thought out, well executed, with a sense of care, you can't not love it. There was an amazing shearling jacket that I will surely have dreams about.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blowdown
                    • Feb 2011

surely devoa is one of the brands you would love because of its philosophy and understated designs, ive personally only ever purchased 3 times from them, albeit small purchases, non leather, their anatomic jeans as well as two LS tops,

they fit good, as expected from devoa, really could feel the way in which the pattern is cut and thought out, really comfy and well executed

however i have experienced multiple ripped seams on the knits, both of them, small holes started popping up all over the top(didnt even realised until someone pointed that out), i wonder if its just me. as the general consensus is that the quality has always been superb.

the threading kind of snapped in a way which it would if you used a thread meant for a woven garment for a knit.

then again, F/W is beautiful from devoa. the leather featured on the SZ blog is an absolute killer

Comment

• gnow
                      • Jun 2010

^ this.

I own a couple of pieces right now and a couple more in the past, and not only are the patterns/cuts unique and interesting, but the clothes are relatively comfortable as well.

Regardless, I have to agree that his clothing falls closer to the fragile side; I've had almost every piece I own suffer a sort of rip or tear - be it from the threading or fabric (non leather pieces), and while I could deal with some of these 'defects', there are some which just annoys the hell out of me (like a rip in the arm fot a blazer).

Their poor customer service doesn't help as well; I've emailed them twice or thrice and have received no replies at all. I doubt I'm asking too much, but for the prices being paid, there are many alternatives to Devoa, and I've been leaning towards the alternatives for more than a year now.

On a side note, his pants fits much different now (imo) compared to his earlier pants. There's a little too much going on right now (or for the past 2 seasons at least), and I kinda wish he'll fall back to the patterns used for his earlier work.

Comment

• Dorje
                        • Oct 2013

I just got my 1st Devoa piece, twisted seam j pants from SS12(?), knit nylon/cotton blend and lined to the knee. The lower leg is really funky how it falls on the foot and stacks but after a while I'm getting used to it and it works well. They are VERY comfortable and unrestrictive, the quality overall seems very good so far.

I bought them on impulse, found an ended ebay sale and offered $200 which was accepted and they are like new. Fit ended up being perfect so I got lucky.

Comment

• tigo
                          • May 2009

Having owned quite a few pieces myself, from cut sews, loose knits, trousers, jackets, all have hold up exceptionally well.

Small holes and snags on loose knits is to be expected, they do get hooked onto things quite easily. I mend them myself, not perfect, but it's part of the enjoyment for me.

I pretty much lived in my silk+cotton blend basics, heavy cotton shirt and trousers during my final year at university. Just recently found a loose seam on one of them, which I happily sewn up, now ready to be beat on again.

A little bit of sewing and mending goes a long way. You can say for the price you've paid that you shouldn't have to do such things. But to me, it's the opposite: if I paid hard earned money for them, I'm sure as hell gonna take care of it, fix it and bring it back up, and wear it until it needs some love and care again.

And in my closet, his stuff are the most comfortable out of the bunch. Maybe this promotes more wear time? It certainly does for me; they're my grab and go pieces. Some of his pieces I've owned for around 4 years, I think I've gotten my money's worth.

Comment

• yyan7778
                            • Dec 2013

Guys, just receive the cotton jersey pant and wool shirt from 14ss. Compared to 13aw, the shirt is about 0.5 size smaller, if past season size 2 is just suitable for you, for 14ss, I suggest you should get a size 3. About the pant, almost the same as 13aw, but it seems that Nishida just make the waist a littler bigger, usually size 2 pant is perfect for me (totally work for me without belt), this time I still get a fist of room for the waist part.
                            Last edited by yyan7778; 01-22-2014, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

I went to the Devoa Flagship and I didn't expect Nishida to be there but here was there, and I got to talk to him which was pretty remarkable, after being a little bit starstruck because I figure that Japanese designers would be a little bit more reclusive or harder to reach; He was actually a really great person, and he was excited that I was excited to talk about his brand with him, and of course I mentioned SZ and he name dropped Faust which was cool, (have you ever talked to him personally Faust?)

The samples for FW14 were out on the racks but he said I wasn't allowed to look, I like it when designers are that accessible, it really changes the experience of buying a garment for me and I said that I would be back soon.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I did not know I am at a level of being name-dropped
                                Yes, of course I know Daisuke-san and we talk every time I see him in Paris. He is a very approachable, amiable guy.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎