X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yes, boots are devoa. They use YKK usually. Funny thing, Devoa and Lanvin use the same zippers.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nakata
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Yes, boots are devoa. They use YKK usually. Funny thing, Devoa and Lanvin use the same zippers.
      Good to know about this info, F.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Actually, I have to correct myself - just looked at my jacket and the zippers are RiRi M8, same as Lanvin. I confused it with my Julius leather. Getting rusty...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Actually, I have to correct myself - just looked at my jacket and the zippers are RiRi M8, same as Lanvin. I confused it with my Julius leather. Getting rusty...
          I was just about to correct you when i saw this. i rember us having the discussion that its interesting them being a Japanese company and using Riri...............it shows they are committed to using the best Materials in their work.

I really like those boots but i find the Zipper pull to be unflattering. i would have to change them if I owned one
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Anybody know if these are from the current FW10 collection?

I'm looking for these ones which are from FW10 and I believe they're the same.

Comment

• ComeUpon
              • May 2010

Peasant, those pictures are from AL, right? If so, I'm pretty sure they're from S/S 2010 not F/W 2010. If you look here at Motel Salieri, the same model number (DVPT-1037) is clearly listed as S/S. Based on the few F/W items I've seen pop up online, I'm guessing the F/W versions will have a model number somewhere around 1090.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

they seem to be.. though he has made a similar pant for several seasons, including SS11. speaking of which, a few pictures:

the collection is good like its predecessors, a number of the items are similar to last season but personally I appreciate the fact that he doesn't forcefully try to create something new every 6 months. trousers are awesome, both the full length and cropped ones. some cool jerseys, heavier pieces etc.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

Thanks guys. After comparing them to Mot. Sal. they're likely SS10. I suppose it doesn't matter if the fits are basically the same. But I'm after a fabric that was discussed earlier. Worsted wool or woven canvas, I believe. I don't want anything jersy-ish.

Comment

• kbi
                    • Feb 2009

anybody know where to buy those boots shown above in nakata's post?

Comment

• jamesd
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                      anybody know where to buy those boots shown above in nakata's post?
                      The Archive, but only in brown I think.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ledger
                        I sat on the Eurostar home that night and all I could see in my head was those god damn seams.
                        signature material
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• metin
                          • Dec 2008

No lie, I've had dreams about the long-sleeve tee I wrote about in the fall 2010 arrivals thread. It fits me ever-so-perfectly. And ledger's right about the anatomic construction. I've tried on a lot of stuff like Devoa before, but he gets it right EVERY time, from tees and knits to tailoring. And I wear my scarf from Fall '09 all the time; it's like a beautiful wool/linen hug for my face.

Comment

• Peasant
                            • Jul 2009

Never heard anyone praise the fit of their scarf. But I'm glad you love it.

Comment

• kbi
                              • Feb 2009

to all of those who've seen this in person..

may I ask if it's more a lightweight wool (autumn) or more substantial/thick (winter) fabric?

thanks

Comment

• metin
                                • Dec 2008

Kind of mid-weight. The arms are rather slim, so you might not be able to layer it, but I would say it's suitable from autumn up to early winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎