X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I like the cut a lot, but not feeling the layered hem. it looks kind of like a womens chiffon skirt hanging out, imo it'd look better if it was less bunched up and maybe more stiff. looking forward to seeing more of your work
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ose
      • Mar 2009

I think it works great as it is, because the coat already has a very 'stiff' look, the hazy and airy hem provides a nice contrast and makes the whole of the coat much more endearing and interesting

this is great work, I love the silhouette

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

I somehow missed seeing the completed piece shots!

I really love the placement of the top hook that keeps the piece closed but have to echo others' sentiments in regards to the layering. Cutting it closer to the outer coat's hemline and using a sliiightly thicker (but still light) fabric would be nicer (my opinion only of course!).

I can't tell exactly how you ended up doing the seams since you only provided muslin shots of them. Are they indented due to ironing or did you somehow stitch them so that they angle inwards like that?

Would love to see the rest of your portfolio as well Rich :) great work!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

i've had that layering idea before, and what you did looks quite similiar to it. The idea was to play with the strict outer shell and the more meaty and tissuelike inside. i like it alot.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎