Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avyer
    • Dec 2007

Arto, or to anyone else, did you happen to see these pants?

What material are they? And do all the boots still have the center seam?
    Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

This guy was pretty excited to be on the runway, wasnt'he ?
      Last edited by Chant; 06-30-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• thecoretic
        • Apr 2009

[QUOTE=mike lowrey;159418]I have to say I was a bit dissapointed after seeing the full line up in person. far less wearable pieces than current s/s or upcoming f/w seasons - these both had some great jackets, coats, knit wear, trousers...QUOTE]

Nice to hear that about the upcoming FW collection.Im anxious to see it dismantled,and see if theres anything Id want.As a presentation I liked it,but found it his hardest to comprehend what it would be like on the rails.

I personally find this his strongest effort,its cleaner and more stripped down but theres still a lot of elements like texture/material and colours to garner further views.I keep coming back to it.

Even if the outerwear is balloon-y,theres plenty of scarfs/basics that I can definitely see myself wearing this time next year.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
          • Jan 2008

I was very excited when I first saw Doma's work,
          but I think it's becoming a bit to precious for my liking.
          Maybe too refined and clean. The rawness has been polished away ...

Of course for my liking.
          Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Gunjah
            • May 2008

like his collection best beside the one from miharayasuhiro

especially this styling has catched my eyes when i first saw that
            Originally posted by Chant View Post

Comment

• swami
              • Jul 2008

I am really digging this stuff from Damir. I like that he has moved away from the slim pants ,the silhouette of the dhoti style pants are lovely.
              The use of monotone color is also beautiful.
              And are those one piece tops built like kaftans or integrated shorts?
              The Grey Linen overalls are beautiful too and could be easily incorporated into daily wear without much ado
              His personality seems to come through in the casual elegance of his clothes...

Comment

• orphée
                • Apr 2008

As pleased as I am to see his use of red and his play on volume -- and carrying along the lines of what Faust said about Yamamoto -- I must say that I often love the looks presented by DD, but when I actually try on many of his pieces, they just don't seem to work. The exact opposite is true for me where YY is concerned. I often fail to see the point of some of his pieces when I look through a runway review, but in the shop it's a completely different story. Everything just seems so right when tried on. I guess I'm developing a love-hate relationship with DD. I love his vision, but it often just does not work for me. Perhaps this is what separates the men from the boys. Yamamoto has been at this for a long time, and it shows in his ability to craft wearable and interesting pieces with volume. DD has clearly arrived where 'interesting' is concerned, but wearable.....hmmmm. I just don't know. His pieces -- striking as they may be -- often seem to lack a crucial step. Here's hoping, though.

Comment

• the-orb
                  • Jun 2009

I usually don't like oversized jackets/coats, but I gotta say I love this one, beautiful color and texture. Would not wear it with shorts and sandals like the model though. The material's not leather, is it? Also, looks like it's entirely buttonless?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

no, not leather. the only leather were the two short jackets, black and brown.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• RADO
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Gunjah View Post
                      like his collection best beside the one from miharayasuhiro

especially this styling has catched my eyes when i first saw that
                      The jacket has been wore on its reverse showing the fabric threads. it looked traditional japanese style to me.

Comment

• Apr 2009

By far my favourite collection for the season. I think DD is really evolving now and his identity is further being reinforced from season to season now. Think its good to add that splash of colour (blood red) but they're so bold that I dont think I would be game enough to pull it off :P Also liking the slight departure this season from having excessive dangly things that dont add to the piece in a functional sense. Never actually owned any DD but can see myself chasing some pieces from this collection definitely :)
                        Originally posted by dji
                        don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• Apr 2009

wire, did the Yohj have input in this seasons collection tho?
                          Originally posted by dji

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

this was the only show i got to see due to a limited schedule.
                            i will say that there is seriously something wrong with me.
                            why is it that these shows feel like bad foreplay? they're so quick, i can't even tell you what base i got to, its more like i hit a pop out.
                            i do like doma. for a brief moment when the parade of blood red began, and the music shifted slightly, I felt my pulse quicken slightly. and that was it.
                            and this is the best show of the season?
                            there is something wrong with the structure of fashion.
                            the whole thing is so hollow.
                            (but i know this anyway)
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
                              I could repost the entire collection using old pics.
                              [/IMG]
                              ^ so true.

and those pants are beautiful, will kop it in black or beige/white (assuming it will be made available firstly, and secondly in that colourway)
                              Originally posted by dji

Comment

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                this was the only show i got to see due to a limited schedule.
                                i will say that there is seriously something wrong with me.
                                why is it that these shows feel like bad foreplay? they're so quick, i can't even tell you what base i got to, its more like i hit a pop out.
                                i do like doma. for a brief moment when the parade of blood red began, and the music shifted slightly, I felt my pulse quicken slightly. and that was it.
                                and this is the best show of the season?
                                there is something wrong with the structure of fashion.
                                the whole thing is so hollow.

(but i know this anyway)
                                I know what you mean pnod, but SS is always hit and miss with most designers. Personally, Im always eager to see what labels do for this season as I believe it is more challenging. Perhaps DD is more of a hit for SS due to his use of sheer and flowy fabrics, but honestly I think the man himself is really coming along with the label irrespective how good/bad the rest of the season was. just my $0.02
                                Originally posted by dji

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎