Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yohji Yamamoto Mens SS10

Default Yohji Yamamoto Mens SS10

The presentation is now up on men.style.com. Pics forthcoming...

pretty sparse presentation , wasn't really a whole lot to work with and i am impressed Tim Blanks managed to write even that much on it. don't really have much to say, seems like stuff that was just assembled together for media purposes.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

FtB, I echo your reaction. This could be Y's.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

My dear Yohji, where have gone...
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Oh my...

That dude is actually too thin for wearing those jackets, but that is not our biggest problem...

What is this suppose to mean? There is nothing there! These clothes look, at best, like a lame Y's collection. As mentioned above.

My heart feels empty now...

The model needs a few inches of shoulder.. Is it the recession or why is there so much bad/boring stuff? Y's, RAF, Rick all really disappointing imho

on the real though, lol @ this silhouette:

www.matthewhk.net

Just a really disappointing showing. The silhouettes are very Yohji, but still very boring. Honestly, Yohji would've been one of the last people in my mind to let this whole recession thing damage his aesthetic. Hell, there was a whole era of Depression-era dressing tha could've made for a fantastic (if a little contrived) of a reference point that would've worked perfectly for his purposes. The fact that these suits are ill-fitting — and not in the good, slightly askew, but interesting Yohji way — and that the presentation itself is so bland is a sign of bad times, man.

/\ cdg h+ just did this reference.

cyrillic yohji - BTDT - proof is in my closet.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    on the real though, lol @ this silhouette:
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

the proportion on frankenstein's fit are more flattering than the YYPH

YY took anti-fit to a whole nother level with that one....somebody really gotta not give a fuck to pull that one off.
    www.matthewhk.net

Quote Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
    the proportion on frankenstein's fit are more flattering than the YYPH

YY took anti-fit to a whole nother level with that one....somebody really gotta not give a fuck to pull that one off.
    the ultimate irony of "not giving a fuck" while forking over thousands of dollars for ill fitting clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Bring The Noise View Post
    the ultimate irony of "not giving a fuck" while forking over thousands of dollars for ill fitting clothes
    precisely
    www.matthewhk.net

Let's consider the possibility that Yohji may not have had as much involvement in designing this collection than as in the past.
    Last edited by Avantster; 06-29-2009 at 10:49 PM.

to be honest i've had that feeling for a while...not to mention the collections are so big with the weekly releases and the womens line being the cornerstone of the brand.
    www.matthewhk.net

Quote Originally Posted by Avantster View Post
    Let's consider the possibility that Yohji may not have had as much involvement in designing this collection than as in the past.
    crap, i haven't thought of that, but makes total sense.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I thought that was what Avanster meant in his first post. This is like one of those collections that a "design team" does when the headline designer is leaving a big house (like Phobe Philo at Chloe for example). It's a copy of the signature style, painting by numbers.

Yeah, it's what I implied but after some thought I decided it needed to be said. It really goes to show the extent to which the house is built on Yohji-san's charisma. Perhaps house isn't even the right word, it's run much more like a family business.
    Time will tell in September when the women's collections show..