Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

comme de garbage. this looks awful and the suits are straining across many of the models waists.

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Some very beautiful blazers, some amazing fabrics and colors but as for the rest, I feel both lost and confused as usual.

As it's been said, this is definitely Comme through and through right down to the neon green shoes.

It almost seems to be a case of where the individual pieces are more powerful than the sum of the parts.
      I love some of their fabrics and textures...I will not lie. And some of the earthy colors I really like as well.

For a winter blazer, you cannot beat some of these.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

This is godawful garbage, especially the first part. Jeebus.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• H-R
          • May 2007

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links.

Pretty amusing comparison

Comment

• Sep 2008

Originally posted by H-R View Post
            Adam Tschorn (the writer) is really witty and smart. You're right, very funny comparison.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

lmao..
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

I guess this is true of most collections who appear to have a less-than-stellar runway presentation... but taken apart, this collection had a lot of really nice pieces.

Comment

• ronin
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by H-R View Post
                  Funniest thing I read in a while. Thank you for brightening my day.

This is a bit too awkward for me. I'm all for innovation and research in terms of proportions, but this is too aesthetically unappealing to work in my opinion. A couple of pants could have worked, but, no.

The look that Fade to Black quoted is what works best for me, because I find it has a visual construction, the blurry definition of the shapes only adds impact to the rounded deformation of the silhouette,.
                  And I like the colour associations (apart from the neon bright shoes), some vibrant colours, yet earthy tones indeed. Most jackets look nice but I'm not familiar enough with Cdg menswear to have an opinion on their tailoring.

Comment

• nqth
                    • Sep 2006

I really like this collection, esp. the bulkyness (that leads to oversize tailoring). She "turns up volumes" with thick layers (kind of what is better than boiled wool? two layers of boiled wool:) - instead of making layering looks softer and fluid (like most of ppl do).

I also like the rawness of the clothes (from the pictures), this is opposite to the luxury trend that dominates in menswear.

It obviously won't win her new clients, tho:) But looked like it was fun. I am wondering what Johnny thinks about this collection.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎