X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamonds
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    I'm probably repeating myself here, but I don't see why they'd need to somehow reinvent themselves each season. they are sticking to what they do best, keeping the overall look familiar with plenty of additions each season.
    i disagree... i dont think this is what they do best at all... i'd much rather see leather jackets with sharp tailoring, soft draped jersey shit, well tailored jackets and pants and simple boots .... everything in the collection nowadays is overdesigned garbage

i guess thats what MA is for now...
    Last edited by diamonds; 06-27-2010, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

I kinda agree with Diamonds. Personally, I think Julius was at their best in what I like to call the "pre-nipple button era" which ended at SS08 or so. After that point there was certainly a change in direction, and they just kinda kept running with that one once they started doing runways. And yes, I know people always say "some old julius", but look at the older collections (like the awesome SS07) and you will definitely see the change in direction to what has been presented the last few years (aside from certain staple item variations like the leather motos, boots, etc).

It's not that I no longer like Julius, it's just that I find a hard time getting excited for their new stuff.

Comment

• Nemesis_4
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
        i disagree... i dont think this is what they do best at all... i'd much rather see leather jackets with sharp tailoring, soft draped jersey shit, well tailored jackets and pants and simple boots .... everything in the collection nowadays is overdesigned garbage

i guess thats what MA is for now...
        Alright that's a little extreme, Julius is still meticulously tailored and even though there is some shitty prints and stuff, I wouldn't say that it's "overdesigned garbage"- there is still a lot of great stuff in this collection

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          Totally agree with Mike, and it's one of the main difference with the fast fashion. The designers we love have a strong and cohesive personal universe, which they stick to, declined if some idiosyncrasic shapes, which makes them immediately identifiable. There are of course sometimes revolutions in their design, but there the consequence of an internal need or the result of an intrincic evolution, not made to please the consumers' always growing need to see something "new".
          And when they're forced to produce something new every six monts, it happens what happened to, for example, Pina Bausch.
          Exactly. I thought this was fantastic and it will surely make me a poorer man. The change from black to white in venue and music was interesting and refreshing (although I felt a bit disoriented at first because Julius and daylight don't mix), but at the end it was all good. Standby for showroom report.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

diamonds i agree with you

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

The collection will definitely contain amazing tailored pieces and basic jersey, etc pieces. But would we really need another runway show full of suits and slight suit variations?

edit: Not that I don't absolutely love what they do with their slight suit variations. The FW07 lookbook shots, to me, were absolutely perfect. They have been there and done that, though, and, especially with showing in Paris, need to do a really cool and different look to stand out from the rest.

I think the look on the face of the guy in the background of this shot (lowrey's picture from FW09) highlights exactly what they are doing to Paris..

Last edited by croatoan; 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

I agree with Faust who agrees with Christian who agrees with me!!!11
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Standby for showroom report.
                  E if you could tell me how the moto fits compared to your grey leather jacket I'd much appreciate it.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

showroom coverage, including modeling by leather daddies Nouveau and Lowrey. more pics: http://scoute.org/blog

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                      • Mar 2007

Arto, that moto collar fits you perfect! Are the sleeves slimmer than the SS2010 moto?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

it looks alright open, but in reality I wasn't really able to zip it up or move my arms in any direction. great piece anyway. Mike and Faust might be able to tell more about the fitment / how it compares.

more:

Comment

• stereophobic
                          • Aug 2009

yeah considering that showroom pieces are normally size 2s, I figured that you couldn't zip up that moto Arto.

oh my, blood red engineer boots.

edit: but on the other hand, you could do up the funnel neck. hrmm.
                          An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Nikov
                            • Nov 2008

great pictures. do you remember what kind of leather was used for the moto?

that red one MikeN is wearing looks like a better version of Rick's mollino.

Comment

• modalsaliency
                              • May 2010

I love the asymmetric jutneck, and am even more happy that apparently they're making the sleeves longer. I assume it's calf, based on the texture?
                              Last edited by modalsaliency; 06-28-2010, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

Faust called it two seasons ago, so I'll call it this time... this is the leather of the season

Lowery did we get a photo of this jacket unzipped? You can't tell in the photo, but the cowl collar has an underwire in it, so you can basically shape it in any way you want.

EDIT: posted the wrong photo initially

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎